TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 02, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Right now: Archive through June 02, 2020 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, May 29, 2020 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And Dipo's cats!

I am sure that is a Maleo at the end ... I watch all the Zoo programs.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Saturday, May 30, 2020 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Me too, Sea! I particularly love the one in Chester, England, and the Australian one - Tyronga? - that is just outside of Sydney.

I also like the Atlanta Aquarium show, and plan to go there this year if possible!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 30, 2020 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
RN, LOL Seamonkey.... I love the Maleo's not sure if my cats do.

I also watch all the Zoo and Aquarium shows. I think I went to the Atlanta Aquarium on a business trip to a conference, or was that New Orleans.... do they have one? Anyway, Aquariums are pretty neat, I know that Monterrey had a couple of cams.... https://www.montereybayaquarium.org/animals/live-cams

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, May 30, 2020 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, that songbird symphony was just wonderful, although it could drive a birder crazy trying to mentally identify all the birds in those one second edits. I got a LOT of them by the photos, not the sounds. We just saw the frigatebirds (the ones with the gigantic inflatable bright red throat crops) on the ground mating and nesting in The Galapagos Islands in 2018. Had theretofore only seen them gliding very high and highly identifiable, in the sky in some places around the world. The inflated red throats are males attempting to attract mates. Nature is so strange and so perfect.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 30, 2020 - 9:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
TNT, that aquarium looks amazing!

I love the Bronx Zoo best, but also Chester and the one where Jack Hanna is..

And Australia, others too.

Love Crikey! with the Irwins.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 30, 2020 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have been to the aquarium in New Orleans.

Juju, those frigate birds were amazing.

I loved the owls in the symphony.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Sunday, May 31, 2020 - 4:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Owls are always winsome, aren't they?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 31, 2020 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Especially the little burrowing owls. I loved seeing them on The Zoo, but I had the joy of seeing them in the wild, once, in Yuma, Arizona. Just adorable.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 01, 2020 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just finished framing another Christmas diamond painting but it didn't turn out the way I wanted. First of all, the diamonds weren't a solid color like all the other kits I did. They were more like sequins where the color is see-through and the back of the diamond is mirrored. So it turned out nothing like the original painting, and much more sparkly.

Original Painting

Diamond Painting

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, June 01, 2020 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
It's nice but I agree that it's a bit lacking in definition compared to the original.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 01, 2020 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I can't wait to post huge autumn nature scene one I did. The biggest one I have ever done. I am still waiting for the frame to arrive.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, June 01, 2020 - 11:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
RN, I love the way you're framing them, Naja.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, June 01, 2020 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
RN, I LOVE it, Naja!

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, June 01, 2020 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
That is truly beautiful, Naja. How long did it take you to do it?

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, June 02, 2020 - 1:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Thank you all for the kind words.

Strategist, that one took 5 or 6 days to finish, working on it at least a couple hours a day. Maybe more. I do it during my tv time mostly. The huge one I am going to share soon took me about 2 weeks.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, June 02, 2020 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
RN, Since you started showing us your work, I've read up on them and they sound really cool!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, June 02, 2020 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN My big frame just showed up by Fedex! I can't wait to put it together in a little while.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, June 02, 2020 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN It's done! You guys, I love this one so much. It's the biggest one I ever did.

Of course first the original painting to compare....

And my diamond painting recreation....

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, June 02, 2020 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
RN, Wow! That looks beautiful, Naja.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 02, 2020 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That one is really nice!

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, June 02, 2020 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Beautiful!!! Amazing!!!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, June 02, 2020 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN I thought I would be sick of doing these by now, but the end product really motivates me. I keep hoping some of you guys will try doing some.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, June 02, 2020 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Here is where I get some of the kits. Price is right but shipping can take a month or more since it's from China. But you can choose any size you want and whether you want square or round diamonds. For me, square is harder to work with. They don't come with frames. The bigger you get, the more detail you see.

https://diamantpainting.aliexpress.com/store/all-wholesale-products/1987595.html

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, June 02, 2020 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
When you frame them is there glass covering the picture?

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, June 02, 2020 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
RN Yes, well, it's usually plexiglass that comes with the frames.