TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 28, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 28, 2020 users admin

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, April 14, 2020 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
When it rains, it pours. I don't think the toilet and washing machine are connected. I'm going to ask somebody about the washing machine soon. It probably needs to be replaced.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Tuesday, April 14, 2020 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Crazy' but washing machines are usually easy to fix' (If you know somebody that knows how to work on them)..I watched a friend who is good with repairs' tear my washer apart and stick a tiny little part in it and "walla" its been purring for years.. I always like to watch repair people'

I also always go on Utube or on line and pose a question and surprised at all the reply's with detailed fixers available...

I am stubborn and always try to do things my self' ...but?? Who knows for you Heckagirl' Do some research' ...You will be surprised...

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, April 15, 2020 - 6:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree that the Roomba (although I have an off-brand "Bob-o-Sweep" doesn't replace a good vacumming, but it is awesome if you want an everyday freshening, especially if you program it to do it by itself when you aren't home (although we are mostly all at home all the time these days!).

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, April 15, 2020 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I went ahead and bought another "new" used washer today. I had had it 4 years, and it was bought as an old used washer to begin with. All this business was through the same used appliances business. They are really good. The man brought the "new" machine out, hooked it up, and ran tests to make sure it didn't leak. It was the old washer that was leaking, everything is dry now. Now if son can fix the toilet.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, April 18, 2020 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Love our Roomba, "Rosita." We had 2 dogs and a cat, and I run it 2-3 times a week. As noted about, the edges/corners need regular vacuuming, but it is SO nice not to have dog hair on the floor. The only thing I have to remember is to loop the curtains up as I have floor to ceiling ones, and Rosita will get all tangled up in them.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, April 18, 2020 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha, I read the preview for this topic, and thought you had named our Rosie to be Rosita, which is a really cute nickname for our Rosie, come to think of it.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, April 19, 2020 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, April 20, 2020 - 5:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Mine is named Agador because it reminded me of the Hank Azaria's character in The Birdcage.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, April 20, 2020 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Good one!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, April 20, 2020 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Makes me laugh every time I run it.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, April 20, 2020 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Called a plumber today. Waste of time. So disappointed. Really thought they would take care of my problems. Nothing. Have had problems with holes in the floors ever since I have lived here. The toilet is crooked. But it has been like that 20 years. One of my sons told me years ago, it would be fine. The pipe would hold it up, and it has. All we need is the toilet unclogged and the inside valves, etc. replaced. They wouldn't touch it. So now we are still at square one. My husband with dementia cannot remember not to use this toilet. So it is a problem. If I could just find someone to help me, I would be happy to pay them.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, April 20, 2020 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Did the plumber give any clue what is causing the clog?

If you live in a mobile park, are you hooked up to the same septic tank system or whatever it is that you have? If so, are any of your neighbors having a similar problem as you?

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, April 21, 2020 - 6:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
No, the plumbers didn't do anything at all, except tell me they could not touch it. And no, everyone has their own septic tank. The plumber did tell me that it is not the septic tank if the other toilet is working fine.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, April 21, 2020 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Ok. That's a start, knowing it's not the septic tank. :-)

I vaguely remember when my aunt had to get a new toilet installed, she couldn't find a plumber who wanted to do it. I think it has to do with liability. If they don't get the seal right (or even if they do, but later something happens through no fault of their own), they can be sued for water damage caused by a leak in the seal. My aunt had to find a handyman who would install it. And since your toilet is crooked, I doubt any licensed plumber will do it. You are going to have to find a handyman that could use the money if we can't figure this out.

So, let's start at square one. You tried the snake. Was it a regular snake or a toilet auger? The internet says it makes a difference.

I found this article about using the snake/auger and things that could cause it not to clear the clog. Read it and see if you have any of these situations and maybe/hopefully it will fix your problem. If not we go on from there.

5 Fixes for a Drain Snake That Is Not Working

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, April 21, 2020 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Go plumber Grooch!!! This woman is going to solve this puppy come hell or high water lines.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 - 2:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Well, I love a good mystery and we are gonna solve it. And I live in a 100 year old, 1 bathroom house, so I can relate to toilet problems, finding someone to fix them and them doing it right in the first place.

Hey, I just remembered this trick. You need 2 people. Hecka, have you tried filling up your sinks (kitchen and bathroom) and bathtub with water and also a bucket of water.

When you flush the toilet, at the same time, you pull the plugs on the sinks and bathtub. (Flush your second toilet for good measure) When (if) the water starts going down the toilet bowl with the problem, you pour the water from the bucket into the toilet bowl to keep the pressure up. Sometimes all the water pressure at the same time will help dislodge whatever is blocking the pipe.

Hmmm... The problem with my house was always the pipe leading out to the septic tank. If your second toilet is working fine, I don't know if this will help. But I typed it all out already, so I'm not erasing it! Lol!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Had another plumber come out today for a different problem. He couldn't find it, so didn't do anything. I also had him look at a leak under the kitchen sink. He didn't want to fool with it either. I don't get it. No one wants to work.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Oh, I don't have anyone to help me with that, Grooch. Interesting, though.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
A different plumber came out this evening. Couldn't find anything wrong. I don't know why they won't just take my word that it's leaking. There was water all over the floor earlier, but it had dried up. So nothing has been done. So frustrating!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Really not sure where this would go.... Enjoy a tour.....

Statue of Liberty NM @StatueEllisNPS · May 24
Want to take a #virtualtour of the #StatueofLiberty? Check out amazing views all the way up from the Statue’s torch down to the grounds of the island, into the museum that opened one year ago! Check it out Right pointing backhand indexhttps://go.nps.gov/stli-virtualtour

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the tour!

Just realized I never updated. I had a different plumber come out on April 28. I had him fix my kitchen sink. All the pipes had to be replaced under it. I also had him check where the water was leaking in the floor. He said he didn't find anything, but it looked like he used a shopvac between there and the washing machine drain. It hasn't leaked since. And for some reason the toilet is no longer clogged either, although it is still not fixed. I pour a bucket of water down it to flush it. It works. Money well spent to me.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Good news, Hecka. Thanks for the update.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, May 27, 2020 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
We sure take indoor plumbing for granted...until it doesn't work! Glad you got some help Hecka.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, May 27, 2020 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yes, yes, we do. When we emigrated to Australia in 1955, there was no indoor toilet in my Grandma's house, because she would not have one of those smelly things in her house. You had to go out the rear kitchen door to go to the toilet closet tacked on after the back porch. It was a flush toilet, though. It had the tank high up on the wall, and you pulled a ring on a metal chain to flush it.

Tntitanfan

08-02-2001

Thursday, May 28, 2020 - 4:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
What an exciting life you have had, dear Juju! What we called "porch privies" were common in early days in the south as many people felt exactly like your Grandma about "indoor" plumbin!