TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 19, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Silly little gripes: Archive through May 19, 2020 users admin

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, February 22, 2020 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
**whispers** our bedroom was 53 degrees yesterday and the furnace was working fine...we just keep it cold

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Saturday, February 22, 2020 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
We keep our bedroom very cool as well. But I like to watch TV without seeing my breath when I breathe. Like sitting on toilet without my butt freezing to the seat...or seeing steam rise from toilet bowl. Everything is fine now. But for a while it was colder inside than outside...sigh. New furnace has now been installed and it's warm inside.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 22, 2020 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yay!

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Sunday, April 05, 2020 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
I am now counting myself lucky the furnace went when it did. Now that we are staying in so much of the time. My hubby is laid off and I am working two weeks on and two weeks off. I get paid even when I'm off so all is good.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 07, 2020 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Finally a month has gone by since I ordered a box of 3000 tissues meant for businesses and today was delivery day. It was delivered.... and they messed up my order and sent me a 32oz utility scoop instead!

I guess we'll be blowing our noses in toilet paper for some time longer.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 07, 2020 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, LOL. Naja, try Staples.com, I got a 3 pack of Kleenex from them in a couple of days.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 07, 2020 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
OMG THANK YOU DIPO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just ordered 2/ 4 box bundles from Staples and they are one day delivery! They'll be here tomorrow! WOOHOO!

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Tuesday, April 07, 2020 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Good to know!!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, April 07, 2020 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
It's the little things, isn't it? We had just departed on a six week cruise to Antarctica and then up the Amazon River, and covid19 hit a couple days after our departure. Our Amazon River cruise got cancelled, and we came home after three weeks by the skin of our teeth, as countries were closing their ports, and there were NO paper products left on shelves in the US, it seemed. On our last day on the cruise ship, our team won trivia, and our prize was a roll of toilet paper, which we turned back in as a joke. And when we returned home we began to really appreciate my tendency to NEVER run out of anything. I had bought a mega-pack of Costco toilet paper right before we departed on the cruise, and I always keep at least three boxes of Puffs tissues on hand at all times, have for years, ever since we moved to Florida in 1975, and they didn't even SELL Puffs in that lovely hellhole of a state!!! When people came to visit us from the midwest, I begged them to bring Puffs. And real steaks, but that is a whole other rant.

It's the little things. Buy extra toilet paper. Only buy Puffs tissues. Ever. Don't buy the lotion Puffs, just regular Puffs.

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Wednesday, April 08, 2020 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
LOL, Juju, after reading your post, I glanced over at my own box of tissues to see what brand it was, and it's Puffs! In the past I've always bought Kleenex, but I'm happy now with my Puffs. ;-)

Buying toilet paper is a bit harder right now, but my son was able to snag a roll or two, so we're okay for now. Hopefully it will be back in the store soon!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, April 08, 2020 - 11:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Kleenex, Puffs etc work if you have run out of toilet paper.

You just cannot flush it. Put a waste basket with a lid and with a plastic bag liner, beside the toilet.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Wednesday, April 08, 2020 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I am old enough' (plenty old enough) to remember diaper pails' so believe me, no body will die from not wiping there butts' .. they may just have to change the program..lol

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Wednesday, April 08, 2020 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
We've had luck finding tp at the Dollar Store when other places were out. It has been a tad easier to find elsewhere here lately.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, April 08, 2020 - 3:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Still having trouble finding some. I did find a 12 pack a couple of weeks ago at the DOllar General but the supply is getting low and I look for TP anytime I go somewhere.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, April 08, 2020 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Here's an explanation for why there's no toilet paper. An intrepid reporter went out to find out why there isn't any available. It isn't because of hoarding.

What Everyone’s Getting Wrong About the Toilet Paper Shortage

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, April 08, 2020 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Thank you SO much, Grooch. A woman on our cruise, who I otherwise liked very much, kept asking why there was a toilet paper shortage back home when the disease was a respiratory illness. She was about to drive me crazy asking that question.

Finally, something that not only makes sense, but is an aha! moment. Duh! And you can guess who I just sent an e-mail to.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, April 09, 2020 - 2:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I need a clue, Juju. Lol!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, April 09, 2020 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Wow that actually makes sense!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 09, 2020 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
One of the local restaurants here figured that out and is selling their industrial rolls of tp in care packages. :-)

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, April 09, 2020 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Oh, that was a rhetorical throwaway phrase, Grooch. I of course sent it to the woman from the cruise ship, who replied she was in the middle of reading my article when a newscaster summarized it for her.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, April 10, 2020 - 2:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Ah, silly me. Lol!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 10, 2020 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Lazy Dog Restaurants here are offering a package that has 3 lbs of chicken, 13 eggs, a gallon of milk, some rice, carrots, and other veggies, plus TP, for $40. They started that pretty quickly.

I have gotten emails as they have expanded offerings for different meals and a brunch option.

You have to reserve and pick it up. Seems like it would work great for families.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 10, 2020 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
When I was at Lazy Dog picking up to go orders, I saw several people picking up that package.

All that Will listed, plus a pound of butter, red onions, potatoes.

Panera also has deals. Pick up or delivery.

I have to get more room, but then plan a couple of four packs of their soups and a sandwich.

I think they also sell produce.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
How long has this been? 3 Months? I STILL can find any Lysol Disinfectant Spray - Spring Waterfall. I've pretty much been able to find everything but this. If anybody sees this exact product in stock online somewhere, please let me know. I will be eternally grateful.

Lysol Disinfectant Spray - Spring Waterfall

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, May 19, 2020 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Heck, I'd take any Lysol Disinfectant Spray- any flavor will do!