TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 26, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: tack Cooking Corner: QUICK QUESTIONS: Archive through May 26, 2020 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I gave mine away after it sat on a shelf for a while being barely used. Now I need to do the same with my air fryer.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Friday, August 30, 2019 - 4:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I haven't done meat well in it, but I love to cook beans in it!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Hey, my reply is missing from months ago about the instapot. Oh, well, must have never hit the post button. Can't remember what I originally wrote, but I'm using it quite a bit now to pressure cook my butternut squashes I grew this summer to make pumpkin bread. One day I will try to make rice in it and if it comes out good, I'll get rid of my rice cooker. A few weeks ago, I sister made a pork roast in it and it was good. I'm starting to really like the little fellow.

P.S. Every time I come in here and see that poster with the paper plate and beater, it gives me a good laugh.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
What is a instapot? Is it a pressure cooker?

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    

It's a pressure cooker, crockpot, yogurt maker, supposedly a rice cooker and just about anything else you want it to be. I've only done pressure cooking in so far.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
LOL...my air fryer went to the college apartment with my daughter...decluttering my kitchen one appliance at a time! (Sad to say that she also took my George Foreman grill - I actually used that one!)

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Lol! At the air fryer. I'm seeing tons of commercials for them now on tv. Christmas is coming. It makes me want one again, and then I tell myself, "No". Those commercials are very convincing.

I just got rid of my panini maker. I got it as a gift years ago, and used it probably once. I have no idea why my brother got that for me. If I want a pressed sandwich, I can just use a brick from outside, wrapped in tin foil.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh that's a cool looking gadget. I haven't used a pressure cooker in years but I think they are kind of under-respected. They cook so fast and it tastes good!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha, Grooch, isn't it amazing how they make you really want that stuff.... I am always telling myself I don't really need those things, LOL.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I don't have an InstaPot, but my SIL does. She loves it! And uses it!

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 8:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
My daughter uses her air fryer all the time, she loves it.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, November 02, 2019 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
My parents got me an air-fryer a couple years ago for my birthday, and we never eat fried foods! LOL Gave it to my son, and when we moved him to a new apartment this summer, it was still in the box.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, November 18, 2019 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’m making cornbread dressing. Should I freeze it before cooking or after cooking?

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, November 18, 2019 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I never heard of cornbread dressing before. But I googled it and here's a link how go freeze it. It sounds yummy!

link

quote:

To Freeze Dressing: You want to freeze the cornbread dressing unbaked. After pouring the dressing into a greased pan. Cover with plastic wrap and then double wrap with aluminum foil. Date and place in freezer. To cook remove from freezer and completely thaw and continue to bake according to recipe directions.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, November 18, 2019 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
It’s a Southern style dressing. I googled and didn’t find that. Thanks. I’m glad I didn’t cook it.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I was going to say that my mom never cooked it before she froze it. She normally would double the recipe she made at Thanksgiving and freeze half of it for Christmas.

Don't forget the sage!

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
Grooch I can’t believe you never had cornbread dressing. It’s probably the only kind I’ve ever had and a must have at Thanksgiving and something I make all year around with chicken or pork dinners.

I am curious to know what you have as dressing/stuffing.

I’m a Southerner but never really thought of it as a southern thing. 😊

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 3:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I'm very basic. We always have just regular stuffing. It must start out with a package of Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix and then it's dressed up with onions and other things. Sometimes sausage, one year chestnuts, etc, etc. I don't cook the turkey, so I'm not in charge of the stuffing.

I'm on mashed potato and pie detail this year. I may also be on sweet potato casserole and some kind of green veggie side dish, too. I'm thinking of broccoli salad because everything else is so heavy and there's only so much room in the stomach.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 8:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Yum, I love a good broccoli salad. Do you make yours with bacon, raisins, sugar, apple cider vinegar, etc.?

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
It basically the same. It has bacon, mozzarella cheese, white vinegar, etc, but doesnt have the raisins or apples. I saw your version on google and it looks equally as good.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
This conversation may make me go to the grocery store sooner rather than later, although I'm not cooking for Thanksgiving (my daughter and I are going to Galveston and spending a day or two).

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, March 10, 2020 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Have you ever eaten mussels? I remember we used to see the freshwater kind in the Tennesee River. I see them at Walmart now. Thinking about buying them and trying them. Suggestions?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, March 10, 2020 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
There are different types of mussels. Scallops are mussels. I love fish and seafood. I could live on scallops.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Not really a question but I didn't see a Random Discussion thread.

I keep seeing all these dump cake recipes popping up and it just wonder... what is so hard about mixing everything together before you put it in the pan?

Everytime I have tried a dump cake recipe I end up with some ingredients that never mix in, like just dry cake mix sitting there, so I just don't get it.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Being a Baptist woman it would probably be a sin to serve a meal at the church and somebody not bring a dump cake. Some of them are really good but mine tend to be like Dipo described above - there must be a secret trick that they aren't telling us!