TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 30, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Daily Poll: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 30, 2020 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, April 17, 2020 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Is it from FedEx or the post office? I'm confused.

I'd take it to the post office. Mine is very friendly, they have masks on, gloves and a plastic, see-through sheet that hangs between employees and customers.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, April 17, 2020 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Oh! Call Hammacher Schlemmer and have them order the pick up.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, April 17, 2020 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Its from fedex but the address has both the street address and the po box number on it.

We don't have mail delivery here, only the post office. So when you order something online and don't know what delivery method the company will use, you put both on.

The post office is testy because it's only 1 or 2 people who work there and they are terrified of catching covid and everyone who came out from the city is having all their crap from the city mailed out here and all the other stuff they are ordering online. Under normal conditions, they are very nice.

Where's Pamy? I know she would want to know what's in the box.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, April 17, 2020 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
You're just waiting for someone to tell you to open the box.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Friday, April 17, 2020 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I'd call Fed Ex

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, April 17, 2020 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
We don't have mail delivery here, only the post office.

I don't understand this. The Post office does mail delivery? :-)

If it was shipped FedEX it's on them, or the company. I'd call the company... they may just tell you to keep it.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, April 17, 2020 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Shoulda said our town doesn't deliver mail to homes or businesses.

Anyway, I took a walk and delivered it to the owner. Sometimes getting into the car and driving is to much energy.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, April 17, 2020 - 4:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Now we're going to need a new question!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, April 18, 2020 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I was going to say the same thing Jimmer. Grooch owes us a new question.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 18, 2020 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
That was very nice of you, Grooch!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 19, 2020 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I got a delivery from Amazon the other day. It was late afternoon on a day where I had decided not to dress for outside, as I had no reason to shop, nothing scheduled for Amazon Lockers, not even any trash to take out. And it was raining.

The doorbell rang, there was the Amazon box. I had one due the next day, so I snatched up my box cutter and opened the box and there was a box with a smart scale. Uh, no, I have one already and did not order one.

Ack! Same number, different street, in our complex.

So I got dressed, jammed in a stocking cap, mask.. And walked it over. I had regaled it with clear tape.

I can't the bell, hoping to explain why it was opened, no answer.

And their front door had no overhang to protect from the rain (mine does).

I guess I should have written a note.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I need to venture in this area of the board more. I did years ago and then I stopped. Anyway, I have some daily questions (I always thought these were fun).

What movie scared you and left a lasting impression when you were younger? It still freaks you to this day.

My answer on this is 1979's When a Stranger Calls with Carol Kane and Charles Durning. My standard comment is that it scared the crap out of every babysitter in America. Lol

Any time the phone would ring, or when I had to check the kids upstairs it freaked me out.

Have you checked on the children?

The call is coming from inside the house!

Eta- Only at night, of course.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The funny thing is, that urban legend was around for years before the movie. Our babysitter would scare us with stories like that. I liked that movie, too :-)

I would have to say "Phantasm (1979)".

The Tall Man is the scariest horror movie character, ever. Oh, and the finger that turned into the giant attack bug ....ackkkkkkkk!

The Tall Man, Angus Scrimm, seemed so old when I was a kid, but he just passed away in 2016 and was still making movies.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Diabolique

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 5:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Wow what a great question.

My answer is .... pending.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Naja, I don't remember those urban legends, but I did check under the bed and inside the closet far longer than I should've.

Dogdoc, Diabolique sounds great. I could see how that would have been scary.

Naja, I never saw Phantasm, but I always see it on different movie lists.

I'll add Margaret Hamilton as the Wicked Witch to my answer. The fear didn't follow into adulthood, but I had a thing about witches when little.

Naja, there was a sequel around 1993 called When a Stranger Calls Back. I would've been around 27/28. It had some utterly ridiculous lines but also a few good scary bits. I laughed at myself for being a bit freaked by that one too. Felt I was " too old." Haha

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Rieann, the part where the guy painted himself to look like the wall was a freak out moment for me in the sequel. I think we are exactly the same age.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Attack of the Fifty Foot Woman. Seriously. First scary flick I ever watched and the last for a very very very long time. I remember it so well, I didn't even have to think hard to answer this question.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Yes!! And for some reason the throwing of the voice got me. I kept hearing my name whispered the next morning. Lol

I think we are right around the same age. I was born in September 1965.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, I just watched a "grabbing Harry" clip on YouTube. I totally see where that would have scared you. Though now I think it might be entertaining to watch that movie after an edible.

Clip...
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KD_Mmigd5RE

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 6:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I swear I just watched "Attack of the Fifty Foot Woman" on this last Saturday night. It was the feature movie on Svengoolie. As an adult, it's pretty funny.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Boris Karloff in The The Mummy.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I was probably not allowed to watch scary movies as a child, or they did not exist. Bigdog and I did go to see Howard the Duck when we were about thirty, and it could still give us heartburn if not chills.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Night of the Living Dead (the original). I saw it as a 10-year-old during its initial theatrical release in 1968. The ghoul with gray hair in the cemetery gives me the creeps to this day. That it was in B&W instead of color made it extra creepy!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 30, 2020 - 1:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I cannot recall a scary movie as a child.

We used to love staying up late to watch Shock Theater.