TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 29, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Cheap Seats: Sports: TVCH Reality March Madness: Archive through April 29, 2020 users admin

Mware

09-14-2001

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mware a private message Print Post    
1. Big Brother - David and Amanda in Season 4 was a serious baller move.

1. Survivor - Because Boston Rob is Michael Jordan and Lebron James in a Red Sox hat.

1. Amazing Race - Colin and Christie in Season 5 were my favorite team ever until Rob and Amber played, and I really dug "namaste" Colin and Christie last season.

7. Shark Tank - Kevin O'Leary's head kind of reminds me of a basketball. And Cuban.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
LOL, Mware.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
This was a tough bracket!

3: The Mole (would have gone for BB, but it's gotten less interesting over the years).

1: Survivor (my 2nd all time fav)

1: Amazing Race (my absolute all time fav)

8: Great British Baking Show (Mary Berry won me over Cuban).

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
North Bracket

1: Big Brother - Sigh, I absolutely loved the Mole. A clever concept that was brilliantly produced. This was a difficult choice. I've enjoyed BB for many years and it's clearly the most different of the reality shows with the live feed aspect. Also the posting for BB vastly exceeds all other shows by a huge margin. However, I think that production has made a mess of the show in recent seasons and they frankly don't try hard enough to produce an entertaining show. They just don't care. So I'm giving a reluctant, angry vote to BB.

South Bracket

1: Survivor - Easy choice. Just a great show that has maintained its quality over many seasons. BB could learn from this!

East Bracket

1: Amazing Race - Wow another tough choice. DWTS is one of the most fun reality shows to watch. Entertaining contestants and great pros. However, The Amazing Race is just too good to pass on.

West Bracket

8: Great British Baking Show - I know this will be a tough category for many but this was an easy choice for me.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
North Bracket - Such a hard choice! Both so good!
1: Big Brother
(I loved The Mole though, even Celebrity Mole because Corbin Bernsen was such a paranoid over thinker that it was super entertaining and funny.)

South Bracket
1: Survivor - by far

East Bracket
1: Amazing Race - by far

West Bracket - kind of a hard choice because neither are even close to my favorites
7: Shark Tank

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
North Bracket
3. The Mole (sorry, BB!)

South Bracket
1. Survivor

East Bracket
1. Amazing Race

West Bracket
7. Shark Tank

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Big Brother
Survivor
Amazing Race
Great British Baking Show

Maris

03-27-2002

Wednesday, April 22, 2020 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Maris a private message Print Post    

1: Survivor

1: Amazing Race

8: Great British Baking Show

Bob2112

06-12-2002

Friday, April 24, 2020 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bob2112 a private message Print Post    
Looks like there is quite a battle in one of the match ups. I'll leave the voting open for another day so we get as many votes as possible.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, April 25, 2020 - 1:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Big Brother

Survivor

Amazing Race

Great British Baking Show

Ladyb

12-29-2007

Saturday, April 25, 2020 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ladyb a private message Print Post    
North Bracket
3: The Mole

South Bracket

East Bracket

West Bracket

Bob2112

06-12-2002

Sunday, April 26, 2020 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bob2112 a private message Print Post    
Round 4 Results
Elite 8

Survivor and TAR had an easy time with DWTS and Queer Eye. A pair of fan favorites finally met their match. Is this foreshadowing of a potential finals match up?
There's 2 other shows that may mess up their plans.

The Mole got off to a quick start and it looked like Big Brother was on the chopping block. But a late surge (POV win?) allowed BB to pull away at the end. For a 2 season show from 18 years ago (2 celebrity editions and a failed reboot in 2008 don't count without Anderson Cooper), it is a testament to the fans loyalty that The Mole made it this far. Perhaps it would have fared better in the West bracket?

Speaking of the Wild West, there was quite a showdown between Shark Tank and The Great British Cooking Show. Shark Tank held leads of 5-2 and 7-4 with time running out. 4 straight GBBS votes put them over the top and the Sharks were out of business. Will they be able to overcome a similar slow start in the semi-finals against The Amazing Race? We will find out soon enough.

North Bracket
1: Big Brother - 9
3: The Mole - 6

South Bracket
1: Survivor - 15
6: Queer Eye for the Straight Guy - 0

East Bracket
1: Amazing Race - 14
2: Dancing With The Stars - 1

West Bracket
8: Great British Baking Show - 8
7: Shark Tank - 7

Bob2112

06-12-2002

Sunday, April 26, 2020 - 11:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bob2112 a private message Print Post    
Before we move to the Final 4, here's a recap of how each team got here.
I'll leave it to MWare and others to post some analysis of the results up to now. Everyone is welcome to comment.

Big Brother (55-6)
  1. Flavor Of Love 15-0
  2. Fixer Upper 17-0
  3. So You Think You Can Dance 14-0
  4. The Mole 9-6

Survivor (59-0)
  1. Dance Moms 15-0
  2. Simple Life 15-0
  3. Top Chef 14-0
  4. Queer Eye for the Straight Guy 15-0

The Amazing Race (57-1)
  1. A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila 14-0
  2. Jersey Shore 13-0
  3. Celebrity Fit Club 16-0
  4. Dancing With The Stars 14-1

Great British Baking Show (39-21)
  1. Extereme Makeover 11-4
  2. American Idol 8-6
  3. I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here 12-4
  4. Shark Tank 8-7
"

Mware

09-14-2001

Monday, April 27, 2020 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mware a private message Print Post    
Big Brother was clearly looking past The Mole toward their Final Four matchup with Survivor and wasn't at the top of their game. Easy mistake to make, but almost cost them a shot at the crown. Now they need to regroup and practice hard, because they've got a tough semi-final matchup.

Survivor went in as the #1 seed in the whole tournament, and they've lived up to their billing, blowing out every team they've played. They're looking unbeatable, but Big Brother's work in the first 3 rounds wasn't an accident.

Amazing Race goes into practice this week thinking that they've got a layup in the next round, but they've got to watch out. This Cinderella team from overseas has taken out some good programs on their road to the Final Four.

The Great British Baking Show, for me, is what this tournament has been about. After entering their conference tournament as a 12 seed and winning 5 games in one weekend, then coming in here and taking out some bigger programs along the way. (Cue inspirational retrospective video)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, April 27, 2020 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thank you Bob and Mware for brightening my day!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, April 27, 2020 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree! This has been such a fun game!!!
I appreciate all your effort put into this! Mware, you crack me up!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, April 27, 2020 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I have NO idea what the meaning is of what anybody has posted, but I think people used to post things like Go Vols in here, so Go Vols!!! And, um The Mole for the win!!! Yay to all rodents!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The Great British Baking Show and The Mole are clearly the Cinderella teams of the competition. The persistent love for The Mole is a clear indicator of the quality and entertainment value of that series. Plus hooray for a nice show like The Great British Baking Show that can make a winning run.

Survivor seems to be rolling to a win but we'll see what happens when it hits some tougher competition!

Happymom

01-20-2003

Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - 12:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Lol Juju!

Thanks Bob and Mware!

Looking forward to the rest!

Bob2112

06-12-2002

Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bob2112 a private message Print Post    
Semi Final Round

North-South Semi-Final

East-West Semi-Final

Mak1

08-11-2002

Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
North-South Semi-Final
1: Survivor (tough one, with BB my sentimental favorite!)

East-West Semi-Final
1: Amazing Race (no contest here)

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Semi-Final Round

North-South Semi-Final

East-West Semi-Final

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
1. Survivor- the grandaddy of all reality!
2. TAR

Egbok

07-13-2000

Tuesday, April 28, 2020 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
North-South Semi-Final

East-West Semi-Final

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - 12:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Semi Final Round

North-South Semi-Final

East-West Semi-Final