TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 17, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Daily Poll: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 17, 2020 users admin

Merrysea

08-13-2004

Sunday, April 05, 2020 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Merrysea a private message Print Post    
I loved it when I had a lot of time at home alone. Now that there are three other people living here, it's way too crowded for me!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, April 05, 2020 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I'm used to working from home but it can be very isolating and lonely (less so because I chat with you guys :-)).

Having my DD back home from university (early) and my wife working from home now is quite a treat for me.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Sunday, April 05, 2020 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I dont know what I would do without my dogs', and my outdoor squirrels and blue jays and doves' I hide peanuts under seashells in my yard and tap on the wall and 'here they come'(the squirrels) we like this game.

also' I should do a exercise video as I cant sit still, I have turned my furniture into tools' I sing and dance for my dogs and have been washing things constantly.
Its pouring rain right now or I would go out and walk them now' or do yard work.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 05, 2020 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't mind hanging at home with the cat, but miss my singing group and our gigs, driving my patient to treatment, lots of lectures, concerts, even my teeth cleaning!

And with the current situation it kills me that I am not out there giving blood or volunteering in some way, but the immune thing, and age, mixed that.

And while it needs more investigation, the suggestion that blood type A is more susceptible than others... Yep..

I am not good at exercising inside.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 05, 2020 - 3:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I am a homebody and this is just up my alley. I was telling a friend the good thing is I don't have to make excuses for not wanting to leave the house, LOL.

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Sunday, April 05, 2020 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
I don't mind it too much so far. My hubby and I are working from home and we are trying to keep our young boys occupied. We are ordering groceries and have not ventured out other than our backyard for over 3 weeks now. I do miss going to Costco and other stores for a stroll.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Sunday, April 05, 2020 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I went to grocery outlet about 3 days ago and bought a huge bag of gala apples and another of oranges
I need to have fruit! and Coffee' so I made sure I had extra coffee to grind, it makes me feel normal. I really miss my baristas.
I also grabbed a bunch of lentils and frozen veggies, so I can make soup' it lasts me a few days and is filling.
I still have not needed toilet paper' but I think I would like to have some paper towels.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, April 05, 2020 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
For anybody who is interested, I got in an announcement from SilverSneakers ( a seniors wellness group) this morning that they are going to start having Mon. and Wed. home exercise classes live broadcast on Facebook.

quote:

Live Schedule: Monday & Wednesday
Stay connected with SilverSneakers in our next live classes!

Monday, 4/6 – Total Body Conditioning

Join us for an energizing class that focuses on functional fitness. Perform low-impact exercises to boost your heart rate and build strength.

Wednesday, 4/8 – Strength & Balance

Improve overall fitness and balance with bodyweight exercises, skill drills and a relaxing final stretch.

Class Time:

12:30 p.m. Eastern

11:30 a.m. Central

10:30 a.m. Mountain

9:30 a.m. Arizona and Pacific

No Facebook membership? No problem. These classes are open to all. Visit Facebook.com/SilverSneakers at the time listed above to join the workout. And feel free to forward this email to your friends and family!

The How To page says follow Silver Sneakers, turn on notifications, or you can go to: www.facebook.com/silversneakers

Bigdog and I may try it tomorrow morning. If we remember. At 9:30 we are usually planning when and where we are going to walk.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Sunday, April 05, 2020 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
oh I will check that out Juju' My gym has been sending daily videos for workouts' Ive kinda made my own routine and since I am a wiggle worm' I am sticking to it'

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, April 06, 2020 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I work 100% remote in my job, so that's not a huge change.

I do miss my lunch visits to the gym, and meeting a friend for lunch once a week.

Hubby is an essential worker, so he's still working, however we have rain this week, so he'll be home more.

I must say as much as I love him (34 years together) the days when he's home are, shall we say, more challenging

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, April 06, 2020 - 8:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, April 06, 2020 - 9:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks for making me LOL, Scooter!

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Monday, April 06, 2020 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Scooter'

I did domestic violence crisis work for yrs and I have been wondering how this stay at home stuff is effecting 'not so good relationships' I have heard our shelter is scrambling to figure it out' Its very hard to run a shelter with the way things our now' Sad.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, April 06, 2020 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
We managed to get the Facebook SilverSneakers workout to play on our Smart TV this morning, no small feat for the over-70 crowd. We didn't do it quite the way I had imagined, as Bigdog discovered we had a Facebook link on the television already and we worked with that. (Well, he worked on it for quite some time before I got up this morning, and then I figured out how to finish it up).

Anyway, it was rather simple, but okay for seniors. She did a lot of lateral leg stuff I couldn't do easily with the arthritis in my left knee, so I went and put on the knee brace I use for walking, and that was better. You could probably do just as well if you put on a few energetic oldies dancing songs, and maybe we will do that. Bigdog said it was better than nothing.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, April 10, 2020 - 6:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
During the school year, I am on the go 1000% of the time. I not only teach, but I'm the union secretary, senior class adviser, state testing supervisor for our building, and have played piano for 12 musicals since Sept. 2018. Usually, I get at least 6 weeks in the summer to decompress, but last summer we had the entire house repainted and refloored - to say it was NOT relaxing would be an understatement, even though our main job was moving the furniture around.

Given all that, I am thrilled with the stay at home. I've not caught up on my reading nor cleaned every closet, but I've been able to breathe. We live literally in the middle of 40 acres and we're 700 feet from a dirt road, so it is a peaceful, healing place to be.

Even better...next week would have been state testing/hell week, and it won't be happening. I am not even the least bit unhappy to lose that particular paycheck!!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, April 11, 2020 - 2:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
NEW QUESTION

I was watching the weatherman and newscaster talking this morning about less air pollution because of the stay at home orders. They were talking about their allergies aren't bothering them this season.

Question: If you have allergies, are they not bothering you as much this season?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, April 11, 2020 - 6:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I still have my tree pollen allergy.

Air pollution from cars and buses must be down.

Mack

07-22-2002

Saturday, April 11, 2020 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I haven’t noticed any difference in my allergies. Mountain cedars and molds did not “stay at home”. 🥴☹️

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 11, 2020 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm with Mack.. my allergies are not taking a break either.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 11, 2020 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I have been sneezing like crazy so I would say that my allergies are bugging me just like normal.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 11, 2020 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Same..

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, April 11, 2020 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
My DD has been complaining about allergies so no difference for her either.

But those non-polluted pictures from places like LA and Delhi ate beautiful. :-)

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, April 12, 2020 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
No difference in my allergies either. I still get funny looks.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, April 17, 2020 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
NEW Question!

I happened to be outside in the backyard and saw a FedEx truck pull over in front of the house. My niece had texted me yesterday and said she had ordered something and sent it to my house by accident. I figured it was that. But what was odd is that I'm on a corner and we use the side street for deliveries to the back of the house. If I hadn't seen the truck, the package could have sat out there for a month.

Anyway, I went and looked and found a package for somebody else, for a different address. Can't find the phone number on line and I am not going out to look for her house. I could take it to the post office on Monday, (there's a p.o. box #) but would she have already seen it had been delivered and have them send her another one or credit her money? Also, the post office people have been extremely testy lately about packages and Covid. It's not pretty.)

Question is: Should I keep it or take it to the post office on Monday? Definitely not going out today.

P.S. the package is from Hammeracher Schlemmer.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, April 17, 2020 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Perhaps contact FedEx and get them to come pick it up?