TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 25, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 25, 2020 users admin

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, February 03, 2020 - 2:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I expect a little saucier performance from Latinas. I enjoyed it. I’ve said before that I’m a little hardened or immune to sex and violence so I was surprised by my many Facebook friends discussing the vulgarity of the show. Pole dancing has become pretty mainstream and has become a means of excersise. You can find stripper poles in peoples houses.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, February 03, 2020 - 3:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
The sexiness of the show didn't bother me at all. Overall though, I didn't find it to be an exceptional half-time show.

My recent favorite half-time shows have been, Lady Gaga and Bruno Mars. Oh and Katy Perry and the left shark.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, February 03, 2020 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yes, I forgot about Lady Gaga... her halftime show was wonderful.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, February 03, 2020 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I felt like it was a really great Zumba class

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, February 03, 2020 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
You made me laugh out loud, Pamy, and I didn't even see it.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, February 03, 2020 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
LOL! I actually thought I would try some of the moves at lunch today

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, February 03, 2020 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I was distracted by what looked like lace panties showing outside JLo's costume during a few of those crotch and butt shots, it may have been part of a subsequent costume but I immediately thought, Oh my her costume is too little if her panties are showing, LOL.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, February 04, 2020 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Does it make me a horrible person if one of my immediate thoughts was that some of those performers had spent considerable time having all of their lady parts waxed?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, February 04, 2020 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahahahaha, Roxip, I have to say that same thought crossed my mind.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, February 04, 2020 - 8:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
oh I'm pretty sure they are bald

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, February 05, 2020 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That just sounds so painful to me.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, February 05, 2020 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I always assumed J Lo and a lot of the other performers wear opaque flesh coloured tights under their skimpy outfits. I don't see how they could trust the small bits of material to not move and show something without them. Plus if it was something spanx-like it would hold in anything they didn't want to jiggle.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, February 05, 2020 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yes, true. After looking more closely, JLo's outfit was a spandex body suit.

Mack

07-22-2002

Sunday, February 23, 2020 - 6:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I really don’t know exactly where to put this but received a letter Saturday that suspends recycling for at least the time being effective after this coming Thursday, 27 February. The county says the cost has risen 300% and for the time being they are unwilling to pass that cost on to the consumer. There apparently no state or county laws that require recycling and they offer no options. Recycle will now go in the general dump. I will explore alternatives but already know the city will not allow non-city citizens to use their recycling facilities. We are already recycling sensitive and will look at where we might cut some more but it won’t be significant. Funny maybe but I’m very disturbed by this turn of events.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 24, 2020 - 12:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I would feel the same way, Mack.

We have seen some recycling centers close down, but the trash contracts mandate recycling.

And we pay deposits on many items that theoretically we get back by recycling.

Mack

07-22-2002

Monday, February 24, 2020 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Put out the regular trash this morning and two of our cul de sac neighbors were out at the same time. One hadn’t read the letter so was surprised and not happy to hear about recycling stopping. The other had read the letter and wondered if they’d actually go through with the stoppage. He thought it might be a ploy to gain support for what might be a significant increase in our garbage and recycling fees.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 - 7:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Well the recycling drama continues to evolve. Turns out even the city is struggling with recycling. The biggest issues is the demand for recycled materials. Locally there is virtually no secondary market for paper or glass. The market for metals, particularly aluminum, is a bit better. Plastics used to do fairly well but the major buyer has been China and well before the ongoing health crisis they had been cutting back while also raising their standards for what they considered recyclable plastic. Bottom line is it has generally gone from being a small profit maker to actually having to pay companies to take processed materials.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
it is all about the money and not about saving the earth

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yep.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 - 3:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
And get this! Got another letter announcing that due to the suspension of recycling collection and processing our garbage bill is going down $1.46 a month. You got to be kidding me! They earlier said costs have gone up 300% in a year and they didn’t want to pass that cost on. Nobody asked me but if an additional $4 to $5 a month would have kept recycling I would have more than gladly paid it. Would have raised our monthly bill for twice a week garbage pickup to $22 a month. Good grief!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I wonder if they will recycle you recycle bins.

My complex has dumpsters, but the company that picks up is supposed to separate out recyclables.

If you have animal shelters or rescues, especially for rabbits, they usually need newspaper and the bunnies love cardboard toilet paper and paper towel tubes. Guinea pigs like them as well.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Here, the homeless people recycle.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Right now this is a suspension not a full discontinuance of recycling so we’re to keep our recycle bins. These are privately owned not supplied by the county or service so they are ours. Our local community blog is heating up about the suspension so more to follow.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, here, it would be blowing up on nextdoor.com.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, February 25, 2020 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Yup Nextdoor.com is getting active though I’d hesitate to say it’s blowing up.