TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 05, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Passings: ARCHIVES: Archive through February 05, 2020 users admin

Lancecrossfire
Animoderator

07-13-2000

Sunday, January 26, 2020 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lancecrossfire a private message Print Post    
Wow, at 13 :-( That is so sad.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, January 26, 2020 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
L.A. Daily News @ladailynews·
20m
Orange Coast College baseball coach John Altobelli dies in helicopter crash with Kobe Bryant https://trib.al/oqBrUgZ

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 26, 2020 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I actually went to OCC for a year and some night classes.. Long ago.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, January 26, 2020 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Reports are there may have been more basketball team members, teammates of the 13 year old on the helicopter. :-(

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, January 26, 2020 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Awful news. So sad to hear this.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 26, 2020 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
9 people. The OCC baseball coach had his wife and daughter on board. His daughter was in the same basketball team as was Gianna. They flew out of John Wayne, Orange County airport. And the pilot. Two more, last I heard.

Lancecrossfire
Animoderator

07-13-2000

Sunday, January 26, 2020 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lancecrossfire a private message Print Post    
Color me cynical. While Kobi was extremely well know and a very talented athlete, I find it more unfortunate his daughter was killed (just speaking of the 2) because she didn't get to experience life. In the total of the people involved, I also an more saddened other kids of the same age lost their lives. Yet it seems the outpouring is mostly for him. I am not a fan of a celebrity's life being of higher value of notoriety.

So sad any of them lost their lives today.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 26, 2020 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I agree, but the authorities would not release names until families were notified.

The helicopter was rented, leased, owned by Kobe and so they were identified and his family knew that they were flying to Gigi's game.

Then the family of the coach announced that he, his wife and daughter (John Altobelli, wife Keri, 13 year old daughter Alyssa) were lost.

Lots of mourning for them here in OC, for sure.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 26, 2020 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And the assistant coach of the team also died in the crash.

Unfortunately it sounds like the weather conditions were not safe..

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-01-26/aircraft-slams-into-hillside-explodes-in-flames-near-calabasas

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Sunday, January 26, 2020 - 11:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Thos one hits close to home. JJ Altobelli, who lost his parents and younger sister, played baseball in college with my nephew.

As sad as the whole thing is, my heart aches for the young girls who died.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 27, 2020 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
For them and their team mates.. So sad.

Lancecrossfire
Animoderator

07-13-2000

Monday, January 27, 2020 - 3:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lancecrossfire a private message Print Post    
The local news I watch just started their show. One of the intros was the story of Kobi being killed.
"Kobi Bryant killed along with his daughter and 8 others" is exactly what they just said. How would you like to have been one of them or a family member?? You are forever in news reports nothing but an "and others".

That pisses me off. The only name said is Kobi's name. They don't even say his daughter's name--just caller her "his daughter".

Goes to show how important it is to be known when it comes to news.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Monday, January 27, 2020 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
That type of thing has always annoyed me also Lancecrossfire. Rather rude and dismissive I think.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, January 27, 2020 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
https://abc7.com/calabasas-helicopter-crash-what-we-know-about-the-victims/5881549/

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 27, 2020 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It is lazy reporting. They just took the first reports off the wires and ran with that.

Gianna's name was added by the Bryant family. Later, the family of Coach Altobelli went public and then added the sad news of his wife and daughter. Even later, the assistant coach to Kobe for the basketball team was added.

https://www.waynedupree.com/helicopter-crash-john-altobelli/?utm_source=lifezette.com

Finally.. Here is the complete list, including the pilot.

There was another mom and daughter.

https://www.nickiswift.com/185301/every-passenger-in-the-kobe-bryant-helicopter-crash/?utm_source=zergnet.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=zergnet_4828752&utm_content=17

Just take the slide show all the way.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Monday, January 27, 2020 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
The link I posted is one story...with the headline
"Calabasas-helicopter crash what we know about the victims. It's all inclusive.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 27, 2020 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NBC News @NBCNews·2h
"I got 3 small kids and am trying to figure out how to navigate life with 3 kids and no mom ... She was beautiful, smart, funny."

Husband of Christina Mauser, who died in Kobe Bryant helicopter crash, says there are "no words" to describe the tragedy.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, January 27, 2020 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I doubt seriously the families who lost loved ones in this tragedy are upset that their names are not being splashed across the media. I think they are probably grateful that they are being allowed to grieve in private. Koby and his family were public figures so it makes sense. The other families are private citizens who should be allowed to do this in private. Whether or not their names are being included in the articles, will not change the fact they lost their loved ones.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, January 27, 2020 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I dont understand why Kobe's academy was so far from where he lived.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 27, 2020 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
My local news had all the victims with photos tonight, therefore we can be sure the families have been notified and allowed them to be posted.

It is just sad and shocking, this one hit me like when I heard about Prince. I think it is the suddenness and senselessness that catches us (me) off guard.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 27, 2020 - 11:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It sounds like it was an existing facility that Kobe helped refurbish..

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, February 01, 2020 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Author Mary Higgins Clark, ‘Queen of Suspense,’ dead at 92

quote:

Mary Higgins Clark, the tireless and long-reigning “Queen of Suspense” whose tales of women beating the odds made her one of the world’s most popular writers, died Friday at age 92.

Her publisher, Simon & Schuster, announced that she died of natural causes in Naples, Florida.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Sunday, February 02, 2020 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Sad to hear about Mary Higgins CLark--she gave me so many hours of good reading.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, February 05, 2020 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
People @people·57m
Kirk Douglas, Hollywood Icon and Spartacus Star, Dies at 103

The Academy @TheAcademy · 22m
“I wanted to be an actor ever since I was a kid in the second grade. I did a play, and my mother made a black apron, and I played a shoemaker. After the performance, [my father] gave me my first Oscar: an ice cream cone.” -Kirk Douglas

Goodbye to a Hollywood legend.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, February 05, 2020 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Mary Higgins Clark!! Loved her books!!!

Kirk Douglas... 103!!! Amazing!

Will miss them both.