TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 30, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 30, 2020 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 18, 2020 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have gone to Windsor via tunnel and bridge. This was when we lived in Detroit.

Weinermr

08-18-2001

Sunday, January 19, 2020 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Weinermr a private message Print Post    
I would love high tea at The Empress Hotel. I suppose this is a bucket list item now..

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, January 19, 2020 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Go for it, Weinermr!! Absolutely do NOT miss Butchart Gardens, just north of Victoria if you do go. It is an unsung wonder of the world and beautiful in any season.

You know they say Victoria is the most British place you can go without actually going to the UK? The state Parliament House would be an impressive building in itself, were it not right across from The Empress Hotel, which overshadows it architecturally in sheer grandiosity.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
A cousin has for years gone incommunicado except for annual Christmas card and note. I include my e-mail address every year, but never get an e-mail from her or snail-mailed e-mail address. Another of our cousins found an old e-mail address -- it's an @aol.com. Are those addresses still good? I sent an e-mail hours ago. So far haven't gotten it returned undelivered meaning she got it? If it's good, may be an old address that she hasn't used and checked for year. Or if she still uses it, gone into spam. Any ideas what?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
No idea. I still use my aol email, but we used to have multiple email addresses per account and they discontinued those.

And even if that was the main email, she may have abandoned it long ago.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Getting out of my comfort zone today. I’m Meeting 4 other women here in my town for the first time. We know absolutely nothing about each other. I snooped on their Facebook and they seem “ normal”. I’m sort of mild and meek ( I know there’s some in the News and Views thread that would beg to differ.) so I’m jumping out of my comfort zone. I’m not good at small talk but I do know we all love cats and dogs so I can talk about that. Wish me luck.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 - 11:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Good luck, Lakecat. You can also talk about tv shows and movies. Ask if they watch Project Runway. And tell them about your burros. Everyone loves burros! Just don't bad mouth anyone in town because you never know who is related to who, or who is sleeping with who.

And DON'T bring up politics!

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
Mameblanche and her hubby came to my hometown and we met at a restaurant. I was a wee bit nervous, but more excited. We had a blast. We talked ALL afternoon. They came again some months later and we made arrangements again with my hubby as well. Again we had a blast. I'm hoping we get to go TO and see them again one of these days.

If you try you can always find something to talk about.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
When I am going somewhere to meetup with people that I don't know, I always try to come up with 3 questions in my head that I can ask them about themselves that might help me to know them better. Things like .. Have they lived in town for awhile? if they're from somewhere else, where? Do they like it here? Since you have cats and dogs in common, that will be good to break the ice.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, how did it go? hope you had fun!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
We had a good time, they were easy to talk to and I felt perfectly comfortable. We are meeting up again in a couple of weeks. We kept the conversation light and politics was never brought up so that makes me think they may be Republican. Ha. However, if I stereotype, two are artists and ones from Washington State,so....
We are going to a bar/resturaunt that has board game night in a couple of weeks.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 - 8:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
glad it went well! Hope it's the start of great friendships. :-)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
How cool is that Lakecat! I find that one of the hardest things to do as we get older is make new friends - kudos to you for reaching out of your comfort zone!

Christy358

07-10-2007

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, how did you "meet" these people to meetup with? I have a huge hole in the new friends area.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Christy I joined a Facebook group online regarding everything about the town I live in. Someone posted that she was a young mother that just moved here and was looking for other young mothers to hang out with and play dates for their kids. A couple of 50 yr old women then chimed in that they were looking for some retired women and it went from there. It helps if you are from a small town.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Y2krazy. I know there was a big tvch meetup in Canada one time. That would be fun to meet ppl that post here. I have in my mind what they look like,I wonder how close I am.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Christy - Facebook really works for this. A month or so ago, a local woman posted on a Garage sale page that she was looking for new friends. The next thing you know, we've started a group, we have about 60 members, and I have a dozen new good friends, and fun things to choose from every day of the week. I usually only go once or twice a week, but it's been great!

Tonight we went to a brew pub that had competitive puzzle building. My team took third place. I didn't even know there was such a thing!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 29, 2020 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have seen people get together through Nextdoor.com also. And there you know the people are local and your info is more protected.

I go to lots of lectures and have met others who want to learn. I got into my singing group after meeting two members at a medical lecture and they have become very good friends, along with other singers.

Volunteering is a way to meet people.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Does anybody else use a single cup coffee machine? About a month ago, we bought a cheap $20 single cup machine to use along side our regular coffee maker. For those times we just want a cup after dinner or something.

Well guess what? We loved it so much, Tuesday we put away the the big coffee maker and the cheap single cup machine, and got a really nice single cup machine. Now we are solely a single cup making household.

I can't even tell you how pretentious I used think those single cup machines were. LOL

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Naja, I keep wanting one, but I can't get over the price... LOL.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The cheap $20 walmart one worked nicely, but you have to wait about a minute or 2 longer, and they don't have a reservoir tank.

And we are still deciding which which brand of coffee we like best in the machine, but once we do, they are available at $29.99 for 100 pods. My fav so far is "The Original Donut Shop - Regular" medium roast.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
They are very convenient. Our DD asked for one for last Christmas and we’ve been using it since then. We still make a pot of coffee on weekends but it’s awesome for single cups.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
We have one that is a regular coffee pot and also has a single cup...it's great!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 1:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wow.. But the environment.

Those machines were in so many waiting rooms at the many places I took patients 10 years ago and virtually all have disappeared. The expense, I have been told.

Hopefully the reusable cups are being used more these days.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 30, 2020 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
They make the single use compostable cups in some brands.