TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 05, 2020

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Daily Poll: ARCHIVES: Archive through January 05, 2020 users admin

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, December 29, 2019 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yeah. I went to The Gap in the mall, where I have NEVER shopped, even though I love GAP t-shirts and have lived in this town for almost twenty years. We walk the mall at 7 am many mornings, but before the shops are open. Some day last week, I saw a shirt in The Gap that might be the color I have been looking for, bright coral. So, yesterday I went back to the mall and The Gap when the store was open. Shirt was not exactly the right color, and it was 100% cotton, but of the really wrinkly type, so lots of ironing.

But, while I was at The Gap, I might as well "look" at the Additional 60% off markdown stuff. So, nothing real exciting, but I noticed something bright pink and poufy had slipped off its hanger onto the rack below, and I might as well hang it back up if I can find a hanger. So I got it out to hang it up, and it was a quilted, water-resistant jacket in my size in a TALL. It was a sign from the Lord, so I took it to try on, and when I put it on, it was like Frosty the Snowman's hat, just magic. Apparently this old lady can pull off hot pink. So, maybe $70 original, I got it for $20.

AND, I just this minute realized I have a pair of waterproof Merrell shoes the exact same shade of pink but a couple tones darker that I got at a thrift store a couple years ago and haven't worn much, but I love them dearly. Oh, bring on the rain! Ha! Everybody in this senior complex is going to know who Juju is! (I walk outdoors a lot, and everybody sees everybody who walks, oh well)

Great question, Naja. Thanks for allowing me to get that out.

Jacket is same colour as Jujucooldawg icon's ears.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, December 29, 2019 - 10:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Juju you really scored! I'm tickled pink. ;) Just wish there was a photo of you in your new gear. :-)

As for me, 2 weeks ago the hospital gift shop had those cute, soft and warm, nonslip, one-size-fits-all, slipper-socks on sale 2 for the price of 1, so I bought a whole bunch of them and have been giving them out as holiday presents all week. Everyone loves them.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, December 30, 2019 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hospital gift shops are the best!

I was at TJ Maxx and walking an aisle and at the end was a cute woman trying on a great fleece jackst. I assured her that it looked great on her and she should buy it. And the bad several others so I grabbed one to try on. I have worn it numerous times since then and only yesterday noticed that the zipper pull said Calvin Klein. Anyway it was not a sale but one of those items at discount because TJ Maxx got a few to sell.

I also found a Christmas sweater for $16 that has a wonderful llama, which is sporting 😎 sunglasses and a scarf and chewing on a sprig of mistletoe. This is all in 3D applique.

The sweater was on a women's rack, said large on the hanger but didn't look large. Tried it on, fit fine. Later I saw that it was actually a large boy's size.

I wore it to the last two singing gigs, a pitluck, a cocoa and carols when that a friend's church, a hot toddy open house and on Christmas day for dinner. Lots of positive comments.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, December 30, 2019 - 8:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Hahahahaha, the sweater sounds very cute, Seamonkey, so good at those pitlooks.

MB, I will post a photo whenever we have our first snow. That pink will just pop in the snow. Ooh!!! I just realized the coat is probably the same color as my pink [kitten] hat that I knitted three years for an inauguration protest. And I brought it home from Texas this year, just in case I might need it for a protest in the upcoming months.

And, of course, we ALL want to see Seamonkey's boy's Christmas llama sweater.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, December 31, 2019 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yup!

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Tuesday, December 31, 2019 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Nope

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, December 31, 2019 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Two boxes of 60% off Christmas cards.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Tuesday, December 31, 2019 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
no

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, January 01, 2020 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
People still send Christmas cards? 🤔😀

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, January 01, 2020 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Yes Mack, old people do. lol

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 01, 2020 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I love sending Christmas cards.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 01, 2020 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't most years.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, January 04, 2020 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
NEW POLL

Do you always use your car's turn signal, even if there is nobody else on the road.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, January 04, 2020 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Yes, it is good practice.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, January 04, 2020 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Not if there's literally no one else on the back roads with just houses, but yes in every other case (including with just people walking, just so they know what to expect from me).

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, January 04, 2020 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
There have been very rare times when absolutely no one is around that I haven't signaled but I do 99.9% of the time, regardless of whether I think anyone is there or not. It's automatic for me and I never want to take the chance that I might just not have seen someone. I did drive for a brief period one time when my signals weren't working. That was VERY uncomfortable.

I see lots of people though who don't signal.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 04, 2020 - 3:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am sure I have missed a few but as a rule, I even signal within our complex.

Jimmer, when your signals were our, did you use hand signals? I feel like most people might not get what a hand signal meant any more, but they still expect up to know them on our tests.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, January 04, 2020 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I tried but it was pretty hopeless. Like I said, quite a few people around here don't signal or signal too late, even when their signals are working. It's frustrating and it greatly increases the likelihood of an accident.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 04, 2020 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
For sure.

And too many people here, in vehicles, on bikes or walking, are too absorbed in cell phones and/or wearing ear buds or headphones while walking, that they would not see a signal if there was one.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Saturday, January 04, 2020 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Always.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Sunday, January 05, 2020 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Always - it's so ingrained in me, that I find myself using it when leaving our driveway - and we live on a dirt road in the middle of nowhere! LOL

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, January 05, 2020 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I'm the same, Teach. It's automatic.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Sunday, January 05, 2020 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Always. I think it is a good habit to not think about it, just do it. I drive a good part of my drive to work on the freeway and I WISH people would use them for lane changes.... See too many near misses.

Weinermr

08-18-2001

Sunday, January 05, 2020 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Weinermr a private message Print Post    
There is a great and terrible epidemic of people not using their signals to turn or to change lanes here in Southern California. It's terribly dangerous. Disappointingly, I've seen police, sheriffs, and highway patrolmen setting a really bad example and not using their signals either. It's one of my biggest driving pet peeves. I do signal always.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, January 05, 2020 - 11:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
On freeways, it goes both ways. I always signal but when you signal, many drivers will hasten to block the signalling vehicle. Then some drivers ready by just going, not signaling. So dangerous!