TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 25, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 25, 2019 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, December 05, 2019 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Mine was clean until the rat invasion. I purchased a gas stove and they had to install a vent and I really think the rats got in through the hole while the vent was being installed and set up house - all last winter I could hear them running back and forth. It was like living in a nightmare!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 06, 2019 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hmmmm.... I was thinking about this the other day and wondered what others thought. I thought that QVC used to be a sort of exclusive "store" where not every product would be offered, they had standards for their products, and the prices would be probably the best around.

Now it seems like anybody and everybody can sell something and the prices are often higher than I can find elsewhere on the internet.

I just find it interesting and odd. Does anyone else think this is the case? Just wondering.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, December 06, 2019 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Sorry, I don't know.

I'm about to change my cable/internet company. Should I pay my cable's last bill? I will have to pay the new company, of course, to switch. Actually, where I live (a mobile home park) has had a deal with the old company ever since I've lived here, 26 years, they are cutting the cord with them because they keep raising their rates way too high.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, December 07, 2019 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I looked up my bill. It's for Dec. 3 -- Jan. 02. Since I will no longer have them, maybe I will be able to pay a partial bill? And the new bill says they will be raising their rates in the new year. Makes me even more ready to change. It will be strange though. I've been with them since 1993.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, December 07, 2019 - 8:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Change first. Then cancel your existing service and have them send you a final bill.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, December 07, 2019 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Somewhat related -- we have a choice of two ISPs in the area which also offer a TV service. A unit owner who understands technology less than I do is switching from one to the other -- again. Switch is done but he's not getting his monthly bills. They're looking for payment from him. So he calls . . . . Both ISPs have bad customer service. He said he's going to fix it by authorizing the ISP to take the monthly payment from his bank account. NOOOOOO. ISP can make billing error in some crazy amount and wipe out his bank account. Then try getting that fixed.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, December 09, 2019 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I went ahead and paid. The new company won't be able to come switch me till Monday, which I will have to ask off. Ugh. I will have to take the old company's equipment back to them. I will cancel my service with them at that time. And yes, I had to give them a debit card number for automatic payments. Don't like it. But they are way cheaper. We will see if their service is any better. I don't think I will get some of the channels I get now.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, December 09, 2019 - 1:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I went ahead and paid. The new company won't be able to come switch me till Monday, which I will have to ask off. Ugh. I will have to take the old company's equipment back to them. I will cancel my service with them at that time. And yes, I had to give them a debit card number for automatic payments. Don't like it. But they are way cheaper. We will see if their service is any better. I don't think I will get some of the channels I get now.

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I cannot stand onions and peppers, the taste, texture and particularly the smell annoy me to no end. My husband loves them.
The horrible onion odor in the fridge, (actually it permeates the whole kitchen) is just too much. They are in Gladware containers and it does not keep the stench in the container. I have put the containers in ziploc bags and surrounded them by not 1, not 2, not 3 but 4 count 'me 4 boxes of baking soda and the fridge still stinks. I cannot have the onion stink invading my holiday baking and everything else.
Please tell me there is some magic container that will keep the smell in the vessel with these noxious veggies and not everywhere else.
I think Santa would be delighted to put such an item under my tree.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 - 10:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I have no help for you Sugar. I love the smell of onions, so nothing for you.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q: What is "Bombshell" about? I am having a problem understanding what the movie is about. Thanks.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Dipo, It's about the women that brought down Roger Ailes, the founder of FOX news. He was a serial sexual predator/harasser and women came forward to expose him. The word "Bombshell" has a double meaning in the title. The women can be described as bombshells, and Fox News often uses the word "bombshell" for a shocking breaking news story.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Monday, December 16, 2019 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Tonight on Bull, head of a library system is talking about how they will die off. Wow how did no one writing, directing or acting go to a current library??

They are full of computers, 3d printers, green screen movie sets.....

You can check out seeds, cake pans..tools.

Granny2b

07-07-2009

Monday, December 16, 2019 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granny2b a private message Print Post    
Sugar, I put coffee grounds (fresh out of the can) in a container without a lid in my trailer fridge to help eliminate odors, I don't know if it will work in the fridge but it's worth a try!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 - 12:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Sugar, the only thing I can think of is have Santa get your husband a small refrigerator (like college students get for their dorm rooms) and put in your garage. Keep everything that has peppers and onions in there. And never the twain shall meet.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Some libraries are technological wonders...and some (mostly in small towns) are full of books (and I love that smell) and archaic technology.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’d hate to see libraries disappear. I hope they can continue to keep the best of the past and also adapt and embrace new technologies.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh and for everyone reading, if you haven’t already, be sure to come visit us in the Library area at TVCH. :-)

Let's share...what are you reading???

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Thanks.
I had been putting the onion/pepper containers in a ziploc, in one of the fridge drawers with a box of baking soda. I just discovered he took that smellfest out of the ziploc & drawer and put it on a regular shelf and the fridge stinks go high heaven AGAIN/STILL. He knew I was making holiday treats that need fridge time. Jerk!

I have so far refrained from:

1. Charging upstairs waking him up and demanding that he put that crap back the way I had it

2. Throwing it away

3. Shoving it all down his throat

I always thought if there was a murder in this house it would be over the thermostat, things have changed.

I may take everything but his #$@#$*&:#@ onions out of the fridge and move it to the garage fridge.
I told him I was thinking of getting a dorm fridge for his stuff and I just might. He has me so peeved right now I would put it on his credit card.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 - 11:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, December 18, 2019 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Sugar, let us know if you need bail money.

Scooterrific

07-07-2005

Wednesday, December 18, 2019 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, December 18, 2019 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
Thank you Roxip

He appears blissfully oblivious to my ire.
I further suspect he has added some non approved ingredient to the crock pot of ham and bean soup as it smells different and "funny".

Sugar

08-15-2000

Wednesday, December 18, 2019 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
God help him if there is even a whisper of onion in that soup! One would think he had learned not to mess with things after the unfortunate bay leaf incident.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, December 25, 2019 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Has anyone’s ACA health ins premiums gone up? Mine went up $150 a month. I’m in a perpetual state of confusion concerning my healthcare plan so I’m not sure if the cause of the increase is on my end or their end. I’ll get on the phone and wait an hour to inquire about it, when I have more patience.