TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 25, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Entertainment Place: Hollywood gossip, news & milestones: Archives: Archive through October 25, 2019 users admin

Denecee

09-05-2002

Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
my sister can't stand her songs because she thinks they are depressing. I like her alright, she so young.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I have never heard of her or Lorde.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, September 09, 2019 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Kelly Clarkson's talk show started with her singing 9 to 5, it was really cute.

I wonder if it will be a different song everyday.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 09, 2019 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kelly said last night on the special Sunday night Jimmy Fallon that she will be singing a different song every show.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Instagram by Kristin Cavallari today. She said, "NYC for 24 hours and what a time to be here. Always remember." Not exactly appropriate?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, October 13, 2019 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I love this, can't wait to see what they do...
Entertainment Tonight @etnow
ยท
43m
Billy Porter confirmed he'll be the fairy godmother of our dreams in the upcoming 'Cinderella' adaptation.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, October 13, 2019 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
aw, sounds sweet

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Lori Loughlin and 10 other parents have more charges against them in the college scandal.

Lori Loughlin and other parents in college admissions scam indicted on new bribery charge

quote:

The new charge accuses the parents of bribing University of Southern California employees to get their children admitted to the school. In exchange for the bribes, USC coaches and athletics officials allegedly designated the children as recruited athletes, easing their admission, regardless of their athletic ability, prosecutors said.

She should have taken a plea deal when she had the chance.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I heard on Kidd Kraddick this morning that she is wanting a plea deal now. Personally I would like to see her arrogant and entitled self in jail. Not for a huge amount of time but enough to take her down a peg. I think she has come across as a brat throughout this entire process.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I agree with you. Some jail time. I don't see the point of keeping anybody in jail for years unless that person is a danger to the public.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I'm pretty sure that any plea deal will involve some Jail time. Case in point... Felicity Huffman.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I think she should serve at least as much time as Martha Stewart.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
If I remember correctly, Loughlin's case was much worse that Huffman's. Huffman paid $15,000 for her daughter's grades, but that was the only wrongdoing. Loughlin paid a lot more, I think it was $500,000, but more importantly, she schemed with the person she paid it to to fake documentation so that she could pretend it was a tax free donation on her taxes.

It's the taxes bit that's going to get her.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 - 6:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It also irritates me that she has pretended that she wasn't aware that she was doing anything illegal. Don't pretend you are THAT STUPID!

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
prison time in general is a whole different discussion (it really should only be for those who are a danger to society or committed horrific crimes - and i hate hate hate the injustice facing all the people of color and people with mental illness who are wrongly sentenced to prison - hate it so much pretrial/juvenile detention reform used to be one of my previous jobs) but Lori Loughlin needs to be sentenced to the fullest extent appropriate for her crimes. She did pay $500,000 to fake entrance for two kids through false athletic entries. The amount alone takes the crime to a whole different classification of potential sentencing. Bribing coaches to do so just adds to the sentence, whatever it may be. What Felicity Huffman did was just as wrong, but paying $15,000 to doctor SAT scores is not the same as what Lori and others did to bribe coaches to get their kids in through the sports angle. Would we want a student to go to prison for paying to falsify a paper or thesis? I would want them to be held accountable, and if illegal, i would want them convicted, but I definitely wouldn't want them in prison - and so i see paying to falsify the SAT in the same group as other kinds of plagiarism - especially since having higher SAT scores is still no automatic guarantee of getting into the school versus paying to get onto the "crew team" as an automatic way in. And yes, Lori is beyond stupid for not taking a plea bargain right away.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
If I had to pay that much money to get my child into college I would tell her that she had to just figure it out on her own. What a message to send to your child - you simply aren't good enough to do it on your own.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 - 11:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
At least Felicity admitted she did wrong.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That is the most important aspect for me.. They all got caught but the stonewalling and claiming innocence just does not cut it!

Times change, but I got into Berkeley on my SAT scores. My grades were ok and I had courses beyond those required and very high National Merit scores, but the SAT scores did it. I had test aptitude.

No guarantee that you will do well and my parents would have never considered tampering with anything!

Prison.. Does it take a space and put someone more dangerous on the street?

But how else to effectively punish?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, October 24, 2019 - 6:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
In the case of these people I see what you are saying about taking a space, but how else do you emphasize how seriously their actions are to be taken? They have a lot of money, community service would be a slap on the hand for them (although I would like to see Lori Loughlin ala Meredith Grey on the side of the road picking up trash) - taking away their freedom is really the only way.

They knowingly set out to deprive someone else who had earned the right to go to a school (perhaps even someone else who could actually DO crew!). They are not nice people.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 24, 2019 - 9:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sure, but when we have a revolving door in our jails due to overcrowding, it puts some people back on the street who are a potential danger.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 25, 2019 - 6:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
But does it really? I don't think these people are going to San Quinton (sorry if I misspelled that). Aren't they going to a federal prison (federal crimes, right?)? I think that is a different type of criminal for the most part.

I totally get your point by the way. In a perfect world I would just fine the bloody heck out of these people but in the case of these who have so openly showed their contempt and arrogance I want to see them go to jail. I want to see Lori Loughlin in an orange jumpsuit (although that apparently isn't the color they wear). It isn't one of my better traits but I would get some perverse satisfaction in seeing this person taken down a notch or ten.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 25, 2019 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Felicity is in the Dublin, Ca facility which, while not San Quentin, is not just a piece of cake.

She will be released today having served 12 days of her 14 day sentence, apparently she got 1 day served for her time in custody when she was arrested, and 1 day off for good behavior.

I had heard that federal prison didn't give time off for good behavior, at least that is what Matt from BB said, but maybe that is just when you are in a mid or high security prison.

Hahahaha, Roxip, some places they wear orange, just depends where you are, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 25, 2019 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ahhh, just saw on the HLN that Felicity was released today because fed policy is that if your release date is on the weekend you can be released the Friday before.

I did read in People that they gave her credit for the time served down in LA when arrested.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 25, 2019 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Felicity and her sentence doesn't bother me. She immediately admitted guilt and showed remorse and stepped up - a much better example of parenting than others have shown.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 25, 2019 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Me either, Roxip. I am glad for her that she took responsibility and has served her prison time, next up community service.