TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 19, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Silly little gripes: Archive through October 19, 2019 users admin

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, February 09, 2019 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I do use smile.amazon when I buy.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, February 09, 2019 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
thanks, I feel obligated to mention it as so many of my relatives say they keep forgetting, i.e. they really never did it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, February 09, 2019 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I use Amazon Smile.

And Amazon Lockers keep my boxes safe and not at the mercy of porch pirates.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Saturday, February 09, 2019 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
color' I have been having the same thing with my 'Library' app ..they have one called RBDigital and I listened to all my audio books there and then I tried to access it cause a book I had on hold was waiting and it said 'Wrong password".....WHAT....
I went to the library to figure it at and left them scratching their heads.
couldn't change password and wouldn't let me make a new account...."cause one already excised"...Oh brother.
They gave me a number to call on monday....So frustrating...

Feel your pain.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, February 09, 2019 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
There is no one who can help at B&N. I did try calling 800 number first. No help. Didn't try to set up new account cuz I didn't want to. But if I did, screen would probably say account already exists for that screen name / e-mail address. I tried calling local store. No help there as I thought except to say call 800 number. B&N loses / is a loser.

I still miss Borders Books & Music big time.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, March 18, 2019 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Arg! Ive been a week without cable/internet/phone. They came and fixed the pole today but still nothing. After 3 phone calls I finally got through to somebody who could help me. Now I have to wait for a technician to come to the house on wednesday sometime between 10 am to 8 pm.

Little do they know as soon as this is over, I'm cutting the cable and getting sling. While trying to find a phone number, I looked at my latest bill and they raised it this month by $12. $208 a month and $100 is just for basic cable. And there's never anything to watch. Screw them!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, March 23, 2019 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I have sling, Positive, is that I have that you can watch shows from the beginning if you catch it late and they keep tons of back up shows available.

downside, I hate having to find things, the what's on now is easy, but going through all the networks to find a not currently playing show is a pain, I hate the picture thing everyone seems to be doing, I would prefer like words in a readable size. My roku wand is slow as heck. My goal is basic cable as well, get rid of DVR and go cloud. But I am taking too long to get there.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Saturday, August 10, 2019 - 12:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
I enjoy Facebook & don't post much myself but like seeing what others are posting. I will occasionally comment & often will "like". I have one "friend" who is a 30 yr old former employee. She is a single Mom of 2 young girls that has moved out of state about 6 months ago. I enjoy seeing the updates on her kids etc. I noticed starting a cpl months ago that almost daily, this young woman posts selfies of herself posing like one would think would be appropriate for a dating web site instead of facebook. Of course, I don't comment or "like" any of these posts but men do post compliments to her. I don't know her well enough to say anything. It seems that she is fishing for compliments from men. When I worked with her, she did have self esteem problems. Now,she either posts these selfies & writes "feeling good about myself" or something similar or she just posts with no selfie & talks of feeling so depressed/down. When she does post a cute pix of her & her daughters doing something, I will usually comment.

I guess I'm "old school" but I do not get the posing for selfie & posting pix fad.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Saturday, August 10, 2019 - 9:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I quit FB, I actually do not care what the heck everyone is doing...It gets overwhelming and just to much for my already Heavy Head'...
After the fires here' where I live..its all been Heavy'and I just cant....

Some times I go to just message a couple friends or receive pic's from my Daughter...But I truly find it Depressing..

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Saturday, August 10, 2019 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Chewpito, I don't want to tell you to quit or not, thats your choice. But you can adjust your privacy settings so that you can put a limit on what you see and what other see.

I did this 3 years ago when my family was going through a foster to adoption, because we wanted to share info on our new family addition, but because of privacy and concern for the safety of the child, our choice was to lockdown our FB or be super vigilant that no post ever included him in any way, either visually or by mention. The way mine is set up, if you even do a search for me by my FB name, you cannot find me. It's only if I look for you that we can connect.

So, if you want to keep an avenue open to correspond with those whom you know, there are options. If you have any questions about it, I would be happy to answer them for you.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Saturday, August 10, 2019 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Keldogg, Thank you, I will look at that' but is all just overwhelming...there is so much depressing stuff going on and my head is pounding about it all...
I just feel like to much info is going to kill me...
I came back to TVCH because, I love you all... I know, nuts'... But I feel like I can believe most of you.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Saturday, August 10, 2019 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Take your time, figure out what is best for you. But I would be more than happy to help you if you decide you want to stay on FB with those kind of protections.

But if it is better for you to walk away, there are other ways to stay in contact with people now. As much as new technology is scary, it gives us so much opportunity to connect with people. But it needs to be right for you!

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Sunday, August 11, 2019 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Thank you Keldogg

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This is not a big deal, just venting. I have a 25 lb bag of Merrick dog food on auto-ship every month, and this month tracking said it was delivered yesterday at 10:21 AM. But it wasn't. They are reshipping it as of our conversation 10 minutes ago.

This is a situation where it was delivered somewhere else, not stolen. This is the 3rd time this past year that UPS has delivered something to the wrong house, but it was addressed correctly.

Last week we ordered a new tv for the bedroom, and we actually watched as the UPS driver was delivering it across the street, one house over. I had to run outside and yell across the street "Hey I think you are going to the wrong house!". He looked at his papers again, and he sure was. Since they don't ring the bell anymore, the neighbors would have come outside later greeted by their new tv.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
That would be a big deal to me. I hope you've contacted UPS and given them an "earful". I would have.

From where do you order your dog food? Chewy? Chewy delivers by FedEx. Chewy has THE BEST customer service.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I order from Chewy and have never had a problem.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
No, I get it from Petco because there is a store near us and we belong to the rewards club.

I didn't contact UPS. And as for the missing dog food, it's Petco's job to do something about it. They do an investigation into undelivered packages, and also resend a replacement. Luckily, I don't have to wait for the investigation to happen for them to resend the replacement. I had the confirmation notice for the replacement order in my email within a few minutes.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 2:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
For cat food, I have a wonderful store, family chain with five stores, across the street.I

For delivery I hardly even consider anything that cannot be shipped to Amazon Lockers.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
But I hear you on mis-deliveries, vague times of arrival, no knock or doorbell ring. And porch pirates.

I had to order a new cellphone. It was coming by FedEx.

It would come on Thursday by 8pm.

Then it changed to Wednesday by 8pm!

I contacted FedEx and asked if they could deliver after 6pm and got a phone message that the drivers would all be back at the facility, never deliver later!

But the tracking kept saying by 6pm.

I had given up on my singing practice at 1pm, when tracking suddenly showed that they were two stops away, in my complex! So I waited outside my dooe. I had to sign for it.

But so much angst, that delivery is a real pita.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, September 23, 2019 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I don't believe this. An old guy just drove onto our driveway and came up and rang the bell. He had our lost dog food! They delivered it to him by mistake on Saturday. He lives technically 2 blocks away if you go buy the numbers, on the same of the street. Nice of him to return it.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, September 23, 2019 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Kindness and decency reign! Glad you got your stuff finally.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, September 23, 2019 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I believe it. I knew that bag of dog food would show up.

The person who got it is not going to want to throw away 25 pounds of dog food, especially when it is obviously a mis-delivery.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 5:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Good news, Naja. I am glad you got it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, October 18, 2019 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It happened again! FedEx tracking says my package was delivered to my front door at 3 PM, but no freakin package. This time it was a new bath mat.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, October 19, 2019 - 12:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
This time someone put it in our mailbox when they returned it. They didn't being it to the door. Either way, I am so glad I didn't have to explain it all to another seller.