TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 30, 2017

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Entertainment Place: The Royal Family : Archive through November 30, 2017 users admin

Rosie

11-12-2003

Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
Sweet Charlotte still looks so much like the Queen.

The little ones all looked so cute all dressed up to participate in the wedding.

Has anyone heard why Harry's love did not attend the wedding?

I did read that she attended the reception.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Rosie, I heard it had something to do with weird royal protocols, but I never heard what they were, LOL.

Rosie

11-12-2003

Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
No idea why there would be a "royal protocol" for her?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
No it wasn't for her but for Harry. Maybe he can't bring someone unless they are engaged? They said that he would likely bring her to the reception but not the wedding.

Like I said, never really got the story about why that would be.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Sunday, May 21, 2017 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I just heard some guy (no clue who he was, other than he was British) on the news saying that Harry guards his privacy and that he likely didn't want his relationship to be splashed across media. I've heard that before about both him and his brother, that they are very careful what they put out for the public and that it goes back to how their mother was hounded by the media so much.

I also heard some entertainment reporter a while back speculating that his girlfriend wouldn't attend the ceremony because with all the media attention she has gotten as Harry's girlfriend, they were worried it'd distract from the wedding/bride/groom.

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Monday, May 22, 2017 - 5:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
I've heard some couples request that if you're not engaged/married, etc to not bring a +1 (plus 1) to the wedding due to cost, etc - especially if the couple was paying for it themselves - I doubt if that was the cause. I've also heard it requested by couples that want an intimate, private family affair - and if there is no ring those significant others may not be long lasting and important enough to want at their wedding. It's all up to the bride (and groom), what they want, they get.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, May 22, 2017 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I've read that they didn't want to upstage the bride. Feeling all eyes would be on Harry's love interest.

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Monday, May 22, 2017 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
That's significant too. (not upstaging the couple).

My step-brother's girlfriend/mother of his child came to our wedding and was included in a few of our family photos, which now is a bit of a sore subject since they never married and and are with other people now. I have a hard time remember her name when my daughter asks who she is...

Rosie

11-12-2003

Monday, May 22, 2017 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
you all make good points

Rosie

11-12-2003

Monday, May 22, 2017 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
just read that Harry and his love were not allowed to sit together at the reception. "strict seating"

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, May 22, 2017 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It's so bizarre, was it because he had to sit with the royal family?

Rosie

11-12-2003

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 4:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
?

Have you heard a rumor that the bride just did not want to be outshined by Markle?

Rosie

11-12-2003

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 4:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rosie a private message Print Post    
Oops, just re-read the posts and some of you have heard.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I did hear that, just don't really know why that would be. Only the press would have gotten carried away with it and they weren't invited.

At least that is what I would think.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Meghan Markle has met the queen. It went well.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 27, 2017 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
And they are now engaged, to be married in 2018.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, November 27, 2017 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'm thrilled for these two! No, I don't know them but it is so good to see two people so happy!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, November 27, 2017 - 6:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
me too! I was afraid the queen would forbid him from marrying a commoner

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Monday, November 27, 2017 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
The heart knows what it wants! She has given up an acting career that she worked hard for to be with her man. He (hopefully) has gotten his playboy ways behind him. They do look so happy!

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 5:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I was pleasantly surprised at how well spoken she is.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 5:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
As I said in the other thread (where I posted the news and pictures) that is very nice news and I hope they have a long happy life together. :-)

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, November 28, 2017 - 5:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
From the IMDB

"Attended Northwestern University, where she majored in theater and international relations. After graduating, she worked for the U.S embassy in Buenos Aires, Argentina."

Well educated.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I thought this was a cute tweet.

quote:

Greg Pollowitz
@GPollowitz
Nov 27

Prince Harry's kids will be Americans. What if one grows up to be president and is in line for the throne at the same time? Brits are playing long-ball here, but it's a smart move. They want America back and this is how they'll do it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The paper today reported that the wedding will be in May, 800 will attend, including the Queen.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, November 30, 2017 - 6:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Kind of a Modern Day Grace Kelly story, right?