TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 23, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 23, 2019 users admin

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, November 17, 2019 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Wow! Thank you.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, November 17, 2019 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kar, look at cocoons.com.

I use their sunglasses over my regular glasses and they do have the yellow night vision ones. I don't have those so no idea if they help, but I love my sunglasses 😎.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, November 17, 2019 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Silhouettes are very light!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, November 17, 2019 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I've been doing some reading and in studies they show that the yellow night vision glasses may actually make it worse. :-(

Rissa

03-19-2006

Sunday, November 17, 2019 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Really? Lol. I have been using them for years and they definitely help for me. I bought them in a MEC (Mountain Equipment Co-op) if I recall they are meant for climbers, etc who need to reduce glare while keeping detail. Will have to do some research, even though I see a positive effect maybe there is something else will work even better?

Mack

07-22-2002

Sunday, November 17, 2019 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Mrs Mack (Carey) and I both have been wearing Silhouettes for years. I wear them all the time as I’ve never liked contacts. Carey wears hers as a break from her contacts or when her allergies are bugging her eyes. We both love the look and the light weight.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, November 17, 2019 - 7:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I thought the cataract surgery would cure my night vision, but it almost seems worse. Both Bigdog and I see spider webs around bright lights at night now, but it has settled down quite a bit. I bought a pair of the yellow glasses to see if they would lessen the spider webs. They did not, for either me or Bigdog.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, November 17, 2019 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I’ll look into those silhouettes. My dog eats all my glasses bc she’s likes to chomp down on the frames.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, November 17, 2019 - 8:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I love mine! I have had them refilled with prescription changes an even had the nose bridge replaced.

Lots of people on tv, talking heads, have them (except some have gone to fashionable statement glasses recently)

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, November 17, 2019 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Gayle King on CBS This Morning must have MANY frames. Her frames almost always coordinate with colors she's wearing.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Sunday, November 17, 2019 - 11:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
https://abc7news.com/unable-to-see-one-scary-night-on-the-trail-/5252731/

This is for you Dogdoc'... I had a dream about loosing my glasses while lost' super scary..

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, November 17, 2019 - 11:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
She can afford many frames.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, November 18, 2019 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Silhouettes were the best glasses I ever owned. Comfortable and lightweight. They looked flimsy to me but they were amazingly durable.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, November 18, 2019 - 7:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, I remember being terrified of my house catching fire at night because I was so blind without my glasses. It's a feeling that really is hard to shake even after all these years (that and automatically closing your eyes everytime somebody splashes you because when you are a contact lens wearer you were afraid they would get washed out...LOL!).

I remember well walking into a fast food restaurant after my RK surgery with my parents (starving because of course you don't eat before the surgery) and being able to read the menu board. My mother cried because that had never happened before.

I'm really looking forward to the cataract surgery because I feel like my vision worsens by the day. I may try to move up my appointment with the surgeon and see if I can get one of them done before the end of the year.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, November 18, 2019 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Chewpito for the hiker story.

The world was a blur before my surgery.

I could see ok as long as I had my contacts in or glasses on.

Roxip, yes it is scary when you need glass to get around.

Dovez

08-27-2005

Monday, November 18, 2019 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dovez a private message Print Post    
I’m so glad I saw this discussion. I have been without vision in my right eye since June when I had an accident and poked through the lens of my right eye. Now I’m waiting for a superduper new lens which my surgeon hopes to be available in late December or January. He wants me to wait for the surgery for this particular Swiss created lens because he took special Interest in my lifestyle which is rather active -despite the stroke -and the fact that I am an artist Who needs the ability to see detail and perspective. I’m so grateful that he took the time to get to know me instead of immediately jumping into surgery but I’m having to change a prescription every month just to see vague outlines.
The real pain however is in my neck because I keep having to look down to see where my feet are going. Feet seem to need some sort of guidance. Who knew.

It’s been a very interesting few months.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 18, 2019 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Dovez, keep us up on how this works for you! I would say interesting is the least of it!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, November 18, 2019 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Wow. Hope the new lens lives up to its potential, and all goes well.

Just curious, is your good eye not taking over and compensating as best it can? When I had the macular hole, that started happening almost immediately. Although, yes, you do lose depth perception when you only have one eye.

Oh! I just checked my reading with the repaired hole. I can almost read the script on my 22" computer monitor with the bad eye! Well, I CAN read it, just have to use a bit of peripheral vision. I think it is continuing to improve three and a half years after surgery. And it is amazing to use binoculars. It is like that eye is perfect.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Dovez, I am so sorry about your eye injury. I pray that your new lens makes a huge difference. Please let us know how it goes!

Amazing - you take things for granted, but once one part is injured the rest of your body gets all out of sorts - even your feet!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 - 9:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
One of my friends lost the vision in one eye due to a fall. He finds that an eye patch over the lost eye helps a lot.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, November 23, 2019 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I've been blind in my left eye since birth. The eye looks normal but the optic nerve is dead. No glasses can fix a dead nerve.

ok, That wasn't the reason I posted. I was wondering if you guys think this is a good frame/mat color combo for the colors of the painting in it. I'm trying to get Mom's Christmas gift together.
btw, not a real photo. Just a digital creation of one of the options I am considering. My favorite so far.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, November 23, 2019 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I like the blue mat but I think a black frame would look better.

They would bring out the colors of the middle bird.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 23, 2019 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Naja, what sort of frames does your mom already have on her walls?

I would prefer a dark non wood frame on that, but if she already has sold frames, this certainly looks good.

Eyes.. I wonder since you never had vision in that she if your brain just knew about it. The friend who fell and wrecked the eye is late 70s or early 80s and his brain seems to handle this better with the eye patch.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, November 23, 2019 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Ok, here are some more choices.

Black frame

White frame

Gold Frame

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, November 23, 2019 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I agree with Dogdoc. I like the black best.