TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 06, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Daily Poll: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 06, 2019 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, October 31, 2019 - 11:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
No plans, haven't had any trick or treaters in over 10 years. Hope I have some candy somewhere in case some one breaks the streak.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 31, 2019 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Singing gig this afternoon at Brookdale Brookhurst assisted living (everyone at least wears some thing Halloweenish), but I do not participate in candy giving, no doors will open and my black cat will be indoors as she always is.

Mack

07-22-2002

Friday, November 01, 2019 - 4:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Actually was kind of surprised that we got 31 kids last night. It was in the 40F’s last night which probably doesn’t sound cold to some of you but locally it was the fourth coldest Halloween in recorded history. The number of kids has kind of settled out over the past five or six years from a high of over 100 when we first moved in 16 years ago. What has happened is a relatively low number of family turnovers so the majority of the homes are still owned by the original buyers from 18 to 20 years ago and the kids have aged out. Lots of empty nesters nowadays.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, November 01, 2019 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I was surprised. I got 27.

The poor kids had to survive a damp, cold windy night and climb the front stairs to the porch.

Everybody had cute costumes.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 01, 2019 - 2:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I do not participate, but did see/hear a few people out last night, but not that many.

Our complex does have quite a few little kids in recent years, but there were not swarms of kids.

At least our local kids were not dealing with being evacuated due to fires..

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, November 01, 2019 - 11:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
We were in Vegas celebrating our anniversary (23 years today,) and spent last night at Tournament of Kings and then walking around people watching and gambling. Had a blast.

We're new in the neighborhood and our neighbor told us we don't get any kids here. I did have a bag of candy and stickers for mom and Kota to give out just in case. My mom sent me a text about 7 saying she thought it'd be a bust, hadn't seen any kids at all and most the neighbors houses were dark. 20 minutes later I got another text telling me she'd spoken too soon...my youngest nieces came by with their dad and they stayed to visit for a bit, and when they left there was a big group (mom thought about 30 kids) of teenagers who came. She said they were all very polite, said "Happy Halloween, please, and thank you," so she gave them all the candy and then turned the light off, lol.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, November 02, 2019 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
We live down a 700-foot driveway in the middle of trees on a dirt road, so NOPE! LOL Actually, I had musical rehearsal, so I was busy, but it had nothing to do with Halloween.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Saturday, November 02, 2019 - 7:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
New question. What food do you actually like but would make others think you are weird?

I actually like fruit cake. 😱😱😱

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, November 02, 2019 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I like fruit cake too. But it has to be a good fruit cake!

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, November 02, 2019 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I love me some Brussel Sprouts. (with a little butter of course :-))

Mack

07-22-2002

Sunday, November 03, 2019 - 6:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I also like brussel sprouts. My wife calls them “green slim balls” and absolutely detests them. I only have them at home when she’s away on a business trip.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, November 03, 2019 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Liver (with sauteed mushrooms, fried onions and very crispy bacon) chicken liver or beef liver, luv 'em both.

Also fruitcake, and brussel sprouts, yum.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Sunday, November 03, 2019 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
Chocolate and onions. Came across it quite by accident and have actually had people try it and say they don't hate it

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, November 03, 2019 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I like liver, too. Yes, both kinds. And broccoli.

Lyn, is that chocolate covered onions? Makes me think of a Funniest Home Videos where they tricked kids into eating candy-coated onions (they thought they were getting apples).

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, November 03, 2019 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Spam

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Sunday, November 03, 2019 - 2:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
I like Spam too. Fried Crispy with yellow mustard on toast.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, November 03, 2019 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I cannot think of anything I like that .. Oh wait!

Rice jello.

I have had it at Japanese or Chinese restaurants and I remember my sister in law recouping from that dish.

Lichee nuts and Rambutan fruit are refreshing but some people act like they are being asked to eat snails.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Monday, November 04, 2019 - 9:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
No, Hechagirl631...I was chopping onions and making chocolate chip cookies side by each. I always munch on veggies as I chop them, and while chewing popped in a few chocolate chips in my mouth by mistake. It was unexpectedly good

Christy358

07-10-2007

Monday, November 04, 2019 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Ick

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Spam - love it in a sandwich
van de camps pork & beans - right out of the can (not heated)
Fruit cake - buy one every year
Love all vegies - even brussel sprouts etc.
Vienna sausages - usually put them on a sandwich.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Lyn, you munch on raw onions as you chop them?

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
The better question is what is the recipe that calls for chopped onions and chocolate chips?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.bigoven.com/recipe/onion-chocolate-chip-cookies/117889

I had no idea!

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
Fish sticks with miracle whip.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Wednesday, November 06, 2019 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
Tuna casserole which may not be so wrong .
However I like crispy fried chicken gizzards and chicken hearts.

Don’t tell Karunna. 🙈