TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 31, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Daily Poll: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 31, 2019 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Didn't need to, Colorado was already compliant.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Yes I did, back in April, and it was a PITA!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Nope.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
So what is this supposed to do? :-)

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
It allows you onto flights and Military bases...it's federally compliant or some crap like that

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, there is some sort of security device on the license.. Without it you cannot board a plane unless you have a passport.

In Pittsburgh, we will not be able to go into government buildings without real ID.

You have to take 4 forms of ID with you when you get it.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
No, not a security device. It just means that the ID was issued following new federal guidelines for acceptable proof of identification. They are also more difficult to forge.

Passed by Congress in 2005, the REAL ID Act enacted the 9/11 Commission's recommendation that the federal government “set standards for the issuance of sources of identification, such as driver's licenses.” The Act and implementing regulations establish minimum security standards for state-issued driver's licenses and identification cards and prohibit federal agencies, like TSA, from accepting licenses and identification cards from states that do not meet these standards for official purposes, such as getting through the airport security checkpoint to board a plane.

https://www.tsa.gov/real-id

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Karuuna. I thought that thing in the upper right hand corner was a device.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Nope. I planned to but on the list of use and proofs they forgot to mention that if you ever changed your name, as in many women who get married do, then your birth certificate is useless. So I have to get an official copy of my marriage certificate from 1966 or my divorce decree from 1980. Then I have to gather up more proofs and go back.

In California the real is license incurs a fee. However you can just get an id card with the real is on it, for free. And use your driver's license for driving.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Nope, just renewed as a normal driving license, as the real ID one was an extra $35 or something. If I fly I can use my passport.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
No.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
WA was one of the non-compliant states, but I have not heard a thing about new licenses. We will have passports with us when we fly to Texas in a couple weeks.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I accidentally got one, LOL. I received my renewal in the mail and checked the box for a regular one but I received the Real ID.

Mack

07-22-2002

Saturday, October 05, 2019 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Texas is a compliant state but I got my new license a few months before they started issuing the new ones with the “star” designation. I assume TSA will reject it since it doesn’t have the “star” but I also just renewed my retired Army ID in June. It is an accepted on the list ID so no problem. Actually used it in July for flights to and from Atlanta and it worked fine. I like using it because it’s very sturdy and easier to get out of my wallet. It also has the bare minimum of information on it so, as my more paranoid friends would contend, it doesn’t give the ID checkers home address information.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, October 05, 2019 - 8:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
FWIW, I think all states are moving to compliant driver's licenses... but like Mack pointed out, if you got your renewal before your state was issuing them, your ID may not be compliant.

A passport also qualifies.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, October 05, 2019 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I was wondering if I should when I renew my license in 2020. I guess I should, even though I have never flown. It will be a PITA because the only place you can get one is the DMV where they do driver's license tests. There is usually a major line and wait time.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, October 05, 2019 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Hmmmm, well, I just checked with Dept. of Homeland Security, and it says WA is now one of the compliant states.

https://www.dhs.gov/real-id

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, October 05, 2019 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Heckagirl, one of the DMV tricks people have used here is to print the application off online and fill it in at home and then go to a DMV office that has Saturday hours around 4pm (or an hour before they close).

Most everyone I know who has done this has been in and out quickly, though for your area you might have to case the DMV offices to see which ones it will work at, LOL.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, October 06, 2019 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
There's only one DMV for my county that does this license. They are closed on weekends.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, October 06, 2019 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well that's a bummer, I wonder if it would work late on a friday?

Mak1

08-11-2002

Thursday, October 31, 2019 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
New DQ: Are you doing anything for Halloween?

Mak1

08-11-2002

Thursday, October 31, 2019 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
It's rainy here. I'll be staying home to give candy to a few trick-or-treaters, I hope. Some years we don't get any, other years there are between 2 and 12 little ones.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, October 31, 2019 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
We always give out candy (we get quite a few trick-or-treaters) and my daughters carved a couple of pumpkins for decoration. I usually go for a walk with our dog (keeps him from getting too excited at the door) but I may not be able to this year as I'm not sure my wife will be home in time to give out candy. Some of our neighbors go all out with the decorations so it's a lot of fun.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Thursday, October 31, 2019 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I'll probably watch the orginial Halloween and The Fog. I watch them around Halloween every year. Use to watch with my grandkids but they've grown up and have jobs now.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, October 31, 2019 - 8:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh that's what I'll be doing too. Perfect time for a scary show or movie!!!