TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 30, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): ARCHIVES: Archive through October 30, 2019 users admin

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

The whole thing is very strange, but thankfully they don't seem to infect humans or pets.

Ha! And I was just going to post that I was glad I didn't post the link that said there have been two recorded cases of human infection because it seemed to be very rare.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 10:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I would probably consider working the dog just in case.

The sure are bizarre..

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 11, 2019 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I just heard that Felicity Huffman won't be sentenced until September which made me wonder... Why hasn't she been sentenced already, I don't understand since she pleaded guilty why didn't they just do it right the, why would they wait for months?

Does anyone know?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, July 21, 2019 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Question: Does anyone know what happened to Wendy Francisco's web page and Facebook page? She wrote and sang the song "GoD and DoG". Surprised that they're gone. Maybe it got to be too much for her. Maybe because her dog Caspian went over the Bridge. Book is still available on Amazon. Just bought three as gifts.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Sunday, July 21, 2019 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Now I find a "GoD and DoG" Facebook page. Wendy is on it. She's still there. Didn't find a web site for her though. Link from Facebook page to her web site doesn't work.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, August 17, 2019 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
This is a really dumb question. I was looking at river cruises. There are a couple that start in Pittsburgh that look good.

My question is "Does the ship bring you back, or just leave you off at the last port?"

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 17, 2019 - 3:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc, check the itinerary to see if the particular cruise is round-trip. I think there are both kinds. Some that leave you at the last port and you have to get transportation home and others that are a round trip event.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, August 17, 2019 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Dipo. It seems strange to be left but one that I looked at didn't mention bringing you back home.

Mack

07-22-2002

Saturday, August 17, 2019 - 4:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
River cruises have the tendency to be one way....from City A to City B. Many ocean cruises, particularly the ones out of Florida ports, are often round trips. Some aren’t but most are.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, August 17, 2019 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yes, the river cruises are often one way, and then you fly home or get yourself home some other way. You could likely stay on the cruise ship and return home by booking a second cruise with the opposite itinerary, but of course, the price would be twice as much.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, August 18, 2019 - 4:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Mack and Juju. It does make sense, I guess, that it is one way.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Sunday, August 18, 2019 - 10:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
https://www.viator.com/tours/Ashland/Rogue-River-Scenic-Float

I did this one and it was wonderful, and close to home. I hope the link works.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Sunday, August 18, 2019 - 10:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
whoops, your not close to me...Let me know what you decide.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Sunday, August 18, 2019 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Ashland/Rogue-River-Scenic-Float

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, August 19, 2019 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Chewpito. It said the page couldn't be found.

I am just starting to look. We will be leaving from Pittsburgh, PA if we find something.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Monday, August 19, 2019 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
http://www.rogueraftingcompany.com/scenic-river-trip.html

I wonder if this is better, But its in Oregon.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, August 19, 2019 - 11:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I have no experience with river cruises but I know my ex-boss went on one through Italy and loved it. I just like cruises in general.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, August 19, 2019 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
River cruises are lovely. You travel at a leisurely pace with scenery on both sides, have lovely meals, often with lovely wine at dinner and sometimes lunch. You stop in a new port every day. The cruise line usually has an included guided excursion for a couple hours at each port. You are then free to wander around the town, have lunch ashore or back on the ship, shop, people-watch from sidewalk cafes. There is almost nothing not to like about a river cruise. They are also a lot more expensive than seagoing cruises. But if you are only going to go once in a while and can afford it, a river cruise is a great trip.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you everybody for your advice and help.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, August 23, 2019 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
How strange is this? DH when to Walmart to buy some of that "as seen on tv" Flex Shot caulk. The cashier couldn't ring it up. She got a message to get the cashier manager. The manager had to come over and confirm that DH was over 18 in order to buy the Flex Shot caulk. I wonder why you have to be over 18?

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, August 23, 2019 - 12:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
That is weird. But who knows what teenagers are doing these days.

Naja, check the reviews for if on Amazon. I recently bought their flex tape and there were a lot of bad reviews. I even saw them disparaging if on some home improvement boards. That it would crack from the sun, etcetera. But that was for the tape, maybe the caulking is different.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, August 23, 2019 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Grooch, I did check the reviews beforehand on Amazon. It's pretty much a well loved product.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, August 23, 2019 - 12:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Yay!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was thinking on something. The other night my remote control broke for the speaker bar for the TV. I typed in the model number at amazon, and I had a new remote the next morning.

How on earth did we get replacement remotes before the internet? I can't even remember. I remember big clunky universal remotes hanging on the pegs in some stores, but I sure don't remember being able to get genuine remotes, and for sure not by the next day!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, October 30, 2019 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Life today is so different than it was even a few years ago. The changes are amazing.