TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 29, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 29, 2019 users admin

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, September 23, 2019 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
We have had reheated (dipping, like for artichokes) butter do weird explosive things in the microwave.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
So the weirdest thing happened to me last night (in Walmart of course - don't all weird things happen in Walmart?)...I was shopping for some weekend feeders for my oversize goldfish and this young man comes up to me and asked me if I know where to get chains for his dog. I pointed out the ones on the shelf (and I also told him I sincerely hoped he wasn't planning on leaving his dog permanently chained) and we blah blah'd for a few minutes more and then he asked me if I knew where the arts & crafts section was and showed me his phone of what he wanted to buy. It was a collage of pictures - the first obviously something from an arts & crafts section - but the rest of the pictures were of an erect penis. It took a few seconds for this to click for me but when it did I looked at him and told him he was a disgusting human being and walked away. After thinking it over I went and found a WalMart employee (no small feat!) and told my story and they did follow up (but of course the fellow was gone by that time). The reason I did tell the employee was because he could have just as easily done the same to a young child (because people in WalMart apparently think the place is a babysitting facility and let their children free roam!) or teenager or someone who might have been truly upset (quite honestly I've seen penises (peni?) before, although it's been a couple of decades, so I'm not going to be traumatized). Not to mention that sometimes people like this escalate.

I have to admit I took extra precautions when I left the store and walked through the dark parking lot.

In retrospect I wish I had thrown a hissing, screaming fit, bringing lots of attention down on me...and him...or kicked him in the balls...or grabbed his phone (although ewww...I know where his hands have been!) and thrown it to the ground.

So that was my weird evening...not sure why I felt I needed to share it but it was just one of the weirdest experiences of my life, which probably means I need to get out more!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Definitely strange.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Roxip' I like option 2..ha ha

Ya, that is pretty creepy, Sadly I can hardly recall a day anymore where I dont see something creepy. Crazy's are right up in your face'...uck

Here is something that kind of 'lit' me up, or maybe just made me even more aware then I normally am.. We have a huge homeless problem, as does most every place these days.
Yesterday I was shopping and I saw a huge group of homeless folks go whizzing by on their bikes' and they were all painted up like demons and scary stuff, many were masked and others painted. Oh good grief, Halloween is here and I can honestly say if I had young children right now I would not take them anywhere without knowing the people.
Another pet peeve' Motorcycle helmets these days, some are complete face masques done up like skeletons, devils, or some evil thing, right down to the leather gloves' some are just scary looking.

In this day and age' this makes me uncomfortable, even if its a trend, its one that I dont like.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Good Grief we now have a new kind of Flasher!!!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Yes, I regret not going immediately to option 2.

We are conditioned to be polite. I think that's what makes me the most annoyed - I was trying to be helpful to this young man and he goes and gets all pervy on me...

I have empathy for both the homeless and the people who have to live amongst them...but mostly the people whose homes and businesses are being inundated with the problems associated with a homeless population and city governments who take away the rights of the property owners over the rights of the homeless. I don't know that there is a solution to this problem. It doesn't appear that throwing money at them has helped.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Oh I have a lot of empathy for those in need', I work 12 hrs a week in a woman's shelter. I often take food to some that I know that are close to me and that I see on a reg basic. Its a very sad situation all around. But' I am also aware and can pick out the ones that are breaking in to homes, steeling bikes' and other crap... Those are the ones that I saw all dressed in paint and costume... That is what scares me...

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, September 26, 2019 - 6:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Is it silly that when I see people on the street corners (I work in downtown Dallas so there is usually at least one panhandler at every intersection, despite it being against the law) I wish that I carried extra clean clothing with me so I could hand that out instead of money? I know when my church used to go and minister to the homeless we always took gently used clothing and new underwear and socks. I have seriously considered buying some basic necessities like that and handing them out in lieu of giving out cash.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, October 07, 2019 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So interesting.... I got an email that said UPS tried to deliver my package at 6.23pm but couldn't because a signature was required. Now why they need a signature for plastic plant saucers I don't know.

BUT.... I have been home all day, my front door was open with the security screen locked. No one rang my doorbell or called out and there is no notice on my door that they tried to deliver.

PLUS... I see and hear the trucks go by my bedroom window all day, I recognize their sound.

Do they just lie now about delivery's? I find it to just be so odd.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 08, 2019 - 2:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Roxip.. The most requested item is new socks, I am told.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 08, 2019 - 2:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Dipo, they are allergic to doorbells or knocking, they often missdelivered and sometimes they lie..

Whoami

08-02-2001

Tuesday, October 08, 2019 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I had FedEx do that to me years ago when I was expecting a new computer. I too was home all day, had been watching the tracking number periodically all day cause I was so excited for the arrival. Suddenly, I see on the tracking site there was a delivery attempt and no one was home. Same thing, no notice on door or anything.

I called and raised holy hell and demanded they get that lazy arsed driver to turn around and get back and actually deliver the package, cause it was obvious he never even attempted to deliver it.

They actually did get hold of the driver and make him deliver my package that day.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 08, 2019 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
My oh my, I just came home from my Kaiser visit and what do I see, my package sitting at my door (no signature was given or required).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 09, 2019 - 11:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Figures.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, October 12, 2019 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
An amazing Halloween picture!!!! Daniel Newmaη @DanielNewman ·
Oct 6
Happy Halloween .

https://twitter.com/DanielNewman/status/1180891340265197576

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q: Does anyone know why I should use plant based toilet paper? I got a great box from https://www.grove.co/member/home and lots of free stuff including toilet paper and I need to decide if that is what I should use going forward.

It is a nice toilet paper but I have to decide if it is worth the price so I would like to hear opinions.

Thanks.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 - 1:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think toilet paper is plant based, but this uses sustainable plants such as bamboo...

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 - 4:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I went and read the description. It's made from bamboo and sugar cane. It doesn't say if it's safe for septic systems or not. So, that would be a consideration if you have a septic tank.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Building off what Grooch posted, not my own research - Historically sugar cane has been harvested by burning off the foliage parts of the plant, which adds carbon into the atmosphere, presumably much like burning coal, although coal may be cleaner. IF the sugar cane foliage can be used for paper products, that would be a green incentive, rather than using the trees which bear the burden of cleaning our toxic air.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hmmmm.... good info, thanks guys.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Ok....I didn't know where to post this...but I needed to get it off my chest. Last night one of the most awful things happened to me.

I'm not sure how many of you know that I'm involved in dog rescue. I volunteer for the rescue that we adopted our girl, Lexie from. I work full time, so my volunteer time is limited to the weekends. We typically have 9-15 dogs who aren't in foster homes in boarding at a local facility. A group of us get those dogs out everyday to walk them for an hour or so, just to get them out. On the weekends I'm part of that group. I also take dogs to the adoption events that we hold, and act as their handler.
Over the past couple of months, I have fallen in love with Kora, a lab mix that we rescued from Louisiana when Hurricane Harvey hit. (Well before...we were one of the rescues that took dogs in before the hurricane to free up shelter space for the dogs that would be separated from their owners during the hurricane). Kora was one of a litter of puppies found in the back of a pick up truck with no one around. Anyway we took her and her siblings in. She was adopted out at 8 weeks old to a family in San Diego, where she became their family pet. This family had chickens. Fast forward 2 years, and Kora, who was never properly introduced to the chickens, went after and attacked one of them. Well to our absolute amazement (and disgust), this "family" returned Kora to us.
She's been in boarding ever since. I have spoken with my husband and have decided that since I now work 100% remotely, I would like to start fostering. My focus would be a dog that is in boarding, to get them into a home until their forever home is found. Since I had fallen in love with Kora, I had decided that if she didn't get adopted at the event on Saturday I would foster her.
Saturday, a family at the adoption event was approved and decided to adopt Kora. I loved her so much that I cried when I said goodbye to her. But I was happy for her.
Yesterday, while I was at my dr. appointment, my phone started blowing up.
Kora had gotten out when the husband went to check the mail. She was loose! Well, I was stuck at the doctor's office, but we have amazing volunteers...and a whole bunch of them went to the adopters neighborhood and started canvasing with the family. It looked hopeful, as there were sightings...they were tracking (not chasing) her.
It was then that she got onto a busy street, and darted into traffic and was hit by a car, killing her instantly. I am truly sick and heartbroken.
Please know that I don't blame the family, it could have happened to anyone...but I was so in love with her, and none of us ever thought that her life would end that way. I am devastated...and still crying.
It was definitely a sad day in rescue.
I will be taking a break from it for awhile...while my heart heals.
Run free Kora, I love you!

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's such a terrible thing to have happen. I'm so sorry.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
(((Scooter and Kora)))

I'm in tears just reading about it. It truly is so heartbreaking. I'm so sorry.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 - 3:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh, Scooter, what a heartbreaker.

You are doing such needed work and you are right, it does happen when an animal is adopted, but that doesn't really make it easier to beat the was parts. (And the parts that make you angry, like blaming a pet for not being trained)

💙💙💙

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Thank you all...the volunteers are all contributing to buy a leaf in Kora's honor that goes on the wall at the boarding facility, which will be engraved with her name and a tribute to her.