TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 28, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: tack Cooking Corner: QUICK QUESTIONS: Archive through August 28, 2019 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 26, 2018 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks, I ended up getting both, LOL. It's been so long since I had ribs I can't remember if I have a preference.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, May 26, 2018 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Pork are better, I believe.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 26, 2018 - 10:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
They were both great, the pork seemed meatier.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, May 27, 2018 - 11:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
That, Dipo, and a bit more fatty, which in pork is good for the taste buds, if not for the waistline.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 27, 2018 - 11:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Pork is better!

I like pumpkin bread, date nut bread, raisin bread, but not banana 🍌 bread.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Late for the party, but we prefer pork for rubs and bbq and beef for Asian flavors.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 7:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
According to my family, there is no such thing as beef ribs :-)

Pork is all there is.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 29, 2018 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
hahahahaha, Keldogg, I will remember that next time I order.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I defrosted a steak today. Unexpected things came up and I don't feel like cooking it now. Can I wait til tomorrow to cook it? Thanks.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 3:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yes as long as you keep it in the fridge.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, June 06, 2018 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Yay! Thanks!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 19, 2018 - 1:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Q: why is it bad to have your finger point down the top of the knife blade while you chop? I know everyone says you shouldn't, but I was chopping some veggies today and realized that I don't think I have heard the "why".

TIA.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 3:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I'm guessing that if the knife slips you can cut your finger off.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Today I used a kitchen aide mixer for the first time. I creamed the sugar and butter first, then I had to add the flour to the mixture. I did that and when I turned the mixer back on, flour flew all over the place.

What am I doing wrong?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Nothing. It happens all the time at my house too. Generally I add the flour in very slowly or else (something I watched on Food Network) I take the mixer attachment off and work some of the flour in manually before I reconnect. I also kind of pulse it in quick bursts and that seems to alleviate some of the problem. You can also (I think) buy an attachment that kind of prevents it from flying out. (Warning, it also will tend to fling liquids out if you aren't careful.

It takes some getting used to but I love my Kitchen Aide mixer enough to put up with the little annoyances (I wanted to say idiosyncracies but I obviously can't spell that).

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 4:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
So your question made me curious and I went and found this...may have to try it!

https://www.amazon.com/KitchenAid-KN1PS-Pouring-Shield-1-Piece/dp/B0007QN054/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1545176828&sr=8-3&keywords=kitchen+aid+mixer+bowl+cover

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Roxip. I was hoping it was just me. I checked the model number and it won't fit mine. And I have a metal bowl. I took the number from the side of the machine because it is to heavy to lift up and look on the bottom. I'm guessing it weighs over 30 pounds. I did throw a paper towel over the bowl to keep the flour in. I just don't remember my mother ever yelling about this problem.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Dipo, it's less stable than having your forefinger and thumb on opposite sides, which is why Grooch is right. Less stability means the knife can move around more and either cut your holding fingers (hopefully curled), or your forefinger if it slips off a wonky knife. :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Everything I have seen on food tv says that you have to add the flour slowly and start the mixer on low until it is more blended in.

Thanks Karuuna, I have always just wondered because I used to do that all the time but have trained myself to do it the other way.

Suz

10-13-2005

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Suz a private message Print Post    
I start mine on low and it doesn't throw out the flour out as bad. I was showing my grandson how to make cookies and didn't tell him to start on low to see what he would do. Started it on high and flour went everywhere. He will always remember that and won't do it again. We had a nice laugh about it, but a mess to clean up.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - 7:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Darn it now I'm going to have to check the model number of my Kitchen Aid. I did see some comments about what models it will fix on the Amazon link but didn't read them all.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
You can also take a paper plate upside down and poke holes in it for the beaters. Lower the beaters into the bowl and push the paper plate to just barely above the tops of the beaters. It will help control a lot of the flying flour.

xx

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/bf/c9/19/
bfc9193d2d069c1670a0d3c5696842a0.jpg

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Clever! And a lot cheaper, LOL.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - 11:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Agreed!

I was watching the Great British Bake Off Christmas episode tonight. I couldn't stop my eyes from zeroing in on the the bakers' mixers as they used them. Alas, I didn't see any flour flying anywhere.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Not a question, just a comment. I just put 2 artichokes in my instapot that I haven't used in almost 2 years. And back then I probably only used it a few times.

I hope I don't blow up the house!

Oh, maybe I do have a question. For anyone who has an instapot, do you still use it or is it sitting on a shelf somewhere gathering dust?