TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 29, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Entertainment Place: Hollywood gossip, news & milestones: Archives: Archive through August 29, 2019 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think it is also a product of a parent putting their own agenda ahead of what their child wants. Of course we all know that a college education is optimal, and our societal norm is for a student to proceed to college directly from high school. It does seem, however, that perhaps that is not the best course of action for a lot of kids. For instance, Ms. Loughlin's (sp?) daughter has expressed that she wasn't really interested in college. Perhaps if her mother had listened to her and let her experience the world on her own (i.e., support herself?) she would have taken college more seriously and mom wouldn't be facing (well deserved) penalties for her actions.

I'm sorry, I cannot conceive of paying $1,000 to bribe my daughter's way into college, must less the amounts they are being accused of paying!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Roxip, I agree. Some of these parents not only don't parent, they don't listen to their kids. I saw this over and over with some of my DS's friends, and how frustrated they were.

I know one of his friends had a mother who drove us all crazy. He frequently stopped answering her text and calls, so she would then start calling and texting ME to find out what the boys were up to. That's because my DS never felt the need to ignore me.

Even grown, she tries to monopolize his vacation time and any time he comes home to visit, he practically has to get permission from her to hang out with his friends.

And here's the scary part - she is a high school principal!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So weird I don't get why "Bless This Mess" isn't being called a reboot of Green Acres.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, April 09, 2019 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Lori Loughlan and 15 others were just indicted for money laundering.

The other actress, Hoffman (?) Had pled guilty yesterday so she's not included in this. Smart of her.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, April 09, 2019 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Laurie Loughlin is in more trouble than is Felicity Huffman.. $500k vs $15k and 2 bribes vs 1.

Felicity has sounded contrite..

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 09, 2019 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yep, I think Laurie is going to get to go to Federal Prison, wonder if it will be the one Martha attended.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 06, 2019 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Meghan and Harry had a boy...

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, May 06, 2019 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Awwww. That's wonderful. Although for some reason I thought it might be a girl.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 06, 2019 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
To be honest, I am indifferent.

I gather that a whole lot of people did think it was a girl.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 7:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm indifferent to the whole royal thing, but his sweet reaction was endearing.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Wednesday, May 08, 2019 - 5:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
I love the whole show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 08, 2019 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I did see his happy interview in front of the stables yesterday.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, May 08, 2019 - 6:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/prince-harry-and-meghan-markle-introduce-their-son-a-royal-named-archie

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 03, 2019 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I found this very interesting for you folks in Los Angeles area....

Rich King Casting @RichKingCasting
·13m
NOW CASTING: We are starting up a few new projects that are set in the 1930’s. These are booming 30s Los Angeles pieces so we are looking for period looks (union/non-union).
SUBMIT HERE: (link: http://richkingcasting.net/period-casting/) richkingcasting.net/period-casting/

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 04, 2019 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Entertainment Tonight @etnow
·1h
Surprise! Meghan Markle stepped out to Wimbledon today to support her pal Serena Williams 🎾

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, July 04, 2019 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wonder why that would be a surprise? Serena is a friend and threw Meghan's baby shower in the U.S.

Meghan went to see her at Wimbledon last year and the royal family have a box on Centre Court.

🎾🎾🎾

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 - 12:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, I feel out of the loop, what is the big deal about Billy Eyelish (sp), other than she is a new singer. Am I missing something? TIA

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.quora.com/Why-do-people-like-Billie-Eilish-And-what-type-of-person-would-be-attracted-to-her-music

Out of the loop, too

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
She sings “interesting” stuff. Pretty quirky/edgy. My DD’s find her interesting as she’s the first big singer to come along that’s younger than them.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 - 1:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It was like when Lorde first came on the scene. Everyone loved her songs and she won a bunch of awards, but I just didn't see it.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 8:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Since I had never heard of her, I at first thought people were just mispronouncing Missy Elliot. My son had to explain it to me, lol. Then when I saw videos of her, all I could think of were The Ring movies.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It seems that most of my friends here in Texas are quitting their jobs and enrolling in University of Texas film school...LOL!

I like the sound of Billy Eilish's voice but not a huge fan of her lyrics...but them I'm not a teenager (way far from that) so I'm not into the moody, self-destructive stuff.

From Bad Guy...

I like it when you take control
Even if you know that you don't
Own me, I'll let you play the role
I'll be your animal
My mommy likes to sing along with me
But she won't sing this song
If she reads all the lyrics
She'll pity the men I know

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think she is talented. It will be interesting to see where she goes and what more she does with it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kappy, that's exactly what I was thinking. That her videos are like short horror movies.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Thursday, August 29, 2019 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Yes that's an apt description.