TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 04, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Daily Poll: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 04, 2019 users admin

Denecee

09-05-2002

Thursday, September 19, 2019 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
OMG, were the teachers frantic trying to look for you?

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, September 19, 2019 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
No idea if they even noticed I was missing. (Good point 'Necee! I never thought of it.)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, September 19, 2019 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Surprised they didn't know where you were.

We had to get passes to leave a classroom for any reason in elementary.

We had fire drills and each class had a designated spot outside.

And, being the fifties and Detroit being a prime target, we had regular air raid drills. No silly duck and cover! We filed down to the dark recesses of the second basement and stood with class and teacher.

Such a fire would certainly be hard to forget, Mame! And you were probably one of the few who wasn't squirming with a full bladder!

Mak1

08-11-2002

Thursday, September 19, 2019 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, the voice was creepy and the flashing lights were alarming! Lol about your torpedo warning. How cute!

I am surprised this group has had so many warnings. I really didn't know what to expect.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, September 19, 2019 - 7:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
'Necee & Sea, it could have been between classes, or recess, or lunchtime. It was grade 3 and I really don't remember. I do remember being alone in the loo. No other kids in there. So maybe it was during class...

Lyn

08-06-2002

Friday, September 20, 2019 - 8:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
I grew up in Montreal during the FLQ Crisis. Our school was locked down a few times. We were not allowed to go out for recess and had to go straight home from school - Brownies etc were cancelled until the Crisis was over (or to what seemed like to my childhood brain as "forever")

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
new question

You're staying at a hotel that offers an inclusive full breakfast.

You have the usual choices: cereals, breads, pastries, fruits, hot food, etc.

and all is effectively free.

What do you choose to have for breakfast?

Would it change if you were staying there a week, rather than just one day?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
If I was staying there for one day I would make the most of it. I'd have cereal with some fruit on it, and probably pancakes with strawberries. I'm vegetarian so usually the hot food isn't much use to me.

If I was staying there for a longer period I'd have cereal everyday, probably pancakes every few days as a treat but normally with toast, just to make it a bit more healthy. And perhaps egg on my toast.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'd stick with eggs and something whole grain, too much sugar in cereal for me. And fruit, lots of fruit.

Whether one day or a week, I'd probably splurge at least once on some kind of *small* pastry.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Bacon and scrambled eggs and toast, or

Bacon and scrambled eggs and hash browns and toast or

Bacon and scrambled eggs and pancakes

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Every day I'd try something different just to keep it interesting. Pancakes today. Eggs and bacon tomorrow. Toast or cereal the next day. Etc.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I would have a variance of eggs, fried, scrambled, poached with a vairance of bacon or sausage with toast some days and pancakes the other.

I can easily do cereal at home, so wouldn't do that on the road.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
For one day I would probably have eggs and toast

If I was staying the week I would vary it : eggs and toast, pancakes and fruit, omelette with cheese etc. I'm not a beef or pork eater so no bacon for me (Son LOVES eating out with me as he gets ALL of my bacon lol)

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I’d eat everything!

(But I would try to keep my portion size as reasonable as possible. I know. It sounds contradictory.)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not a fan of all you can eat as a rule.

One day, probably would get pastries because I never have them at home.

Bacon would be tempting, for the same reason.

I don't like eggs (except deviled egs)

Pancakes or waffles, yum!

In reality, I would probably sleep longer and skip their breakfast most days and have my usual probiotics and some pistachios like I do every day.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Sunday, September 22, 2019 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I almost never eat breakfast...unless we are on vacation. I do attempt to eat breakfast when we are on vacation just so I have something in my stomach for running around all day.

It's fruit all the way for me. And tea, which I most likely brought my own stash cuz I'm kinda picky about my tea, lol.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, September 23, 2019 - 7:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
It would depend on what the "hot food" was, and what was on their regular menu. I'm not a big breakfast eater, so it needs to strike my fancy :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, September 23, 2019 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Scoot, you can have whatever you imagine from the hot food section :-).

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, September 23, 2019 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Oh...then I'll take the eggs benedict....every day!

Mak1

08-11-2002

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I always get fruit and some kind of bread. Depending how the hot foods look and how hungry I am, I would choose either cereal or eggs and bacon. If I was staying a week, I would alternate between cereal and hot foods.

Littlebreeze

02-18-2001

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Littlebreeze a private message Print Post    
With the exception of while on vacation, I never eat in the morning but I do love breakfast food later in the day or at night, especially at a greasy spoon or great diner.

As far as what breakfast food, I always order the same thing, a sausage & Swiss cheese omelet with hash browns & white toast. Yum!

That's what I'd order every day at a hotel, no matter how long the stay.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
New Question "Did your get your Real ID TSA compliant drivers license, yet?"

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I did. It was easy.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I think this is an American question.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, October 04, 2019 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Tis true, Jimmer