TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 19, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Daily Poll: ARCHIVES: Archive through September 19, 2019 users admin

Mack

07-22-2002

Saturday, August 31, 2019 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Aubrey by Bread

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, August 31, 2019 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Annie's Song by John Denver, off the top of my head.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, August 31, 2019 - 1:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Lucille, Kenny Rogers

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, August 31, 2019 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Laura Branigan's Gloria

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, August 31, 2019 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Good one, took some thinking...

Romeo and Juliet, by Dire Straits

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Saturday, August 31, 2019 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
“Sandy (4th of July)” by Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, August 31, 2019 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Angie (duh, my name) by Rolling Stones

Mak1

08-11-2002

Saturday, August 31, 2019 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Oh, there are so many! I like everything already listed, so I'll add this to the mix -

Maggie May by Rod Stewart

(Jolene, Jack and Diane, Mary Did You Know, Rhiannon, Roxanne...to name a few more that I especially like)

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Saturday, August 31, 2019 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Wow so many good ones. Let’s go with a classic. Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, August 31, 2019 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Bette Davis Eyes.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, August 31, 2019 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Lola, by the Kinks.

Well, I'm not the world's most physical guy
But when she squeezed me tight she nearly broke my spine
Oh, my Lola

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, September 01, 2019 - 6:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought of another one that love and still play.

Lorelei by Styx.

This might be the happiest song with a girl's name in the title.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, September 01, 2019 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not a girl's name but this still makes me smile.. All the way to the end..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PIb6AZdTr-A

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, September 01, 2019 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
That was very cute, Seamonkey, never seen it.

Oh, I thought of another - Layla, Eric Clapton

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, September 01, 2019 - 8:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It always makes me smike

I liked the variety of people.. No airbrushed models.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
New Question: Have you ever been in a building or area when it had to be evacuated or locked down?

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 - 10:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Yes...when the fires came close a few years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freeway_Complex_Fire

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
The Pentagon a number of times. A number of bomb threats and several protests in the late 80s and through the 90s caused lockdowns. Then the big one on 9/11. An interesting one was being evacuated out of the Acropolis Museum in Athens, Greece because of a bomb threat four years ago.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
In school in England in the 70s we had to evacuate many times due to IRA bomb threats.

Had to evacuate from Key West when hurricane Andrew was about to hit, but we were only on vacation there, not living.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I had to drive the long way home and show if to get home, driving over fire boxes after voluntary evacuation when fire was close to our canyon. Another time we were trapped IN the canyon when a giant Oak tree blocked the road.

We were evacuated from our building at the Civic Center several times for bomb threats.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Guess I have been lucky and only experienced drills, not the real thing.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
I'd say that's a good thing, Dipo!

We were hurriedly sent home from school one day after a bomb threat was made. The angry caller later called the local radio station to say it would be in a public building but not a school. I wonder if he was ever caught?

When I worked at the hospital, I arrived one day to discover the hospital was in lockdown. I had to wait outside with others until the threat was cleared. There were new security measures in place and the rumor was that a doctor had jokingly said something that triggered the lockdown. Really???

We were staying in a hotel in Charlotte once when lights began flashing and a robotic voice told everyone to exit the building immediately, using the stairs. It was a long walk down! There was smoke in the underground garage. Everything turned out okay.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 - 10:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yikes, Mak! A robotic voice in a hotel would be creepy.

I forgot!

When I was in elementary school, one day they let us out early and told us to go right home.

I ran the six blocks home and announced that there was a torpedo warning!

Actually it was tornado warnings.

I think Mom got a kick out of it, but she didn't let on.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Thursday, September 19, 2019 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
lol

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, September 19, 2019 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
While a student in grade 3, the fire bell went off as I was in the loo. By the time I was able to get out of the building, a whole wing of the school was in flames. Standing outside with all the students and staff, watching an entire wall in flames, and the firefighters battling the blaze, is an indelible memory.