TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 11, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): ARCHIVES: Archive through June 11, 2019 users admin

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, April 24, 2019 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Agree with Naja. It does seem like they portray drinking more than in the past but I never thought about any law for or against it. The other thing I've noticed is that cable channels notwithstanding but the language on regular TV channels has gotten a little stronger.

Lorie

08-29-2003

Monday, May 13, 2019 - 5:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorie a private message Print Post    
Is there a Naked and Afraid thread? I’ve just gotten hooked on it and have been binge watching!!

Jmm

08-15-2002

Monday, May 13, 2019 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
I didn't find one, Lorie, but you're welcome to start one here.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Monday, May 13, 2019 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
Yes there is. Look under other realty shows. Adventure 😊

Jmm

08-15-2002

Monday, May 13, 2019 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Firebird. I have never heard of the show so I didn't realize it was a reality show. You'll find it here, Lori.

Lorie

08-29-2003

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 4:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorie a private message Print Post    
Thank you Jmm and Firebird!

Lorie

08-29-2003

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 - 4:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lorie a private message Print Post    
Thank you Jmm and Firebird!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 31, 2019 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hmmm, Why DOES Flo (from Progressive) have an apron, LMAO???

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, June 10, 2019 - 5:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I have no way to Google this and I doubt anyone will know the answer.

I was in my garden picking strawberries when I noticed a long thin strand twisting itself. It was like it was something that the wind had blown in and was caught on a thin piece of a metal fence. While one end was on the fence, the other end was twisting around from what I thought was the wind.

But it was odd how it was twisting. That end was like it was trying to reach out for something. It reminded me of a pea tendril trying to reach up and curl around something. If you had that tendril in a time lapsed video.

I happened to see 2 more doing the same thing. I found a leaf and grabbed it with it. I brought it into the house and dropped it into a jar and put the lid on. It kept moving for an hour. I think it's finally dying.

The thing is about 3 or 4 inches long, thin like a strand of hair. No head, eyes or legs or anything like that.

Does anyone have a clue what it might be?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, June 10, 2019 - 6:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It sounds like a kind of worm. The description fits horsehair worms.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Monday, June 10, 2019 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Do you have a picture Grooch..??

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, June 10, 2019 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Whoa!! Creepy and fascinating. Of course I went straight to look up what Karuuna suggested, and yep, that sure sounds like what you are describing. Does it look like anything pictured on this website?

https://www.allaboutworms.com/the-horsehair-worm

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 10, 2019 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That is strange.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 5:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
That is amazing you identified it!

That's what it looks like, but mine are a blonde color. Though Wikipedia said it emerges that color but then turns dark.

I have never seen or heard of them in my life. Very odd that all of a sudden I see quite z few all at once. Also odd is that they live in water and where I found them.

It's been sunny and dry all week and I never got around to mulching the strawberries this year and I've had to water them this week because it's been so dry. I do have a fish pond but it's not close by that area. It started raining late afternoon, so I went out around 7 pm to pick them because I wanted to get the strawberries before the slugs did. The fence and plants I saw them hanging on (all individually) are only about 6 to 8 inches high. They look like corn silks (though corn silks are thicker) moving with the breeze. The only problem though is that there really wasn't any wind at all. So the wind couldn't have blown them there. They emerge from dead crickets and beetles but it's to early in the season for them to be around.

The whole thing is very strange, but thankfully they don't seem to infect humans or pets.

Thanks so much, Karuuna for identifying them. Like I said before, there was no way I could figure out how to phrase it for google.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I only guessed because we often see them in water troughs, which I assume is how they got their name?

I wonder if it's just a relative, but it does sound like a worm of some kind.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I wanted to take it to the county cooperative extension but I saw online that it is temporarily closed. I tried to find out when it will reopen and all that I could find is ghat it was closed last year. It doesn't sound to temporary to me. Harumph!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 8:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Bummer... I can Email photos of stuff to mine and they work with me that way.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I have my sister's dog living with me. Her husband mentioned last week that the dog looks skinny and wanted her to take the dog to the vet. Its been spring and the dog spends most of the day running up and down the yard barking at trucks, cars people walking by, etc. Thats what i attributed her winter fat loose too. Its not like her ribs are showing or anything. The worm I have doesn't look like the worms that dogs get, but maybe I can get her to get the dog tested and take the worm with her, just to be safe. That part of the garden, the dogs can't get to where the strawberries are, but maybe the vet can identify it. I swear it was like those worms were coming down with the rain.

I guess I'm going to be on poop patrol this week.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Can you take a photo? There are Facebook groups that do pest identifications.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I can when I get back home. It's just that it's so thin, it will be hard to get a good one. The horsehair worm looks the closest to what it is so far.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
pull one and put it on a piece of white paper with a quarter beside it for size reference. That's why they usually ask me to do.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I'll do that. (Ick!)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
LOL

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The mystery deepens...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nematomorpha

This mentions that there are rare cases where a dog or human have been infected, but that sounds very rare.