TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 09, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Silly little gripes: Archive through February 09, 2019 users admin

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, October 03, 2018 - 9:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Bigdog got a call the other day from his nephew who had been hit with a baseball bat or something. Bigdog asked which nephew, and the caller said the oldest. Bigdog said, "you're a twin, what is your name?"

LOL, Bigdog has no nephews.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 03, 2018 - 9:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
My iTunes account! Oy!

Oops, I don't have an account.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 05, 2018 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Now my CapitalOne account has been suspended, don't have one, LOL.

Someones accounts are really screwed up.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 8:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
when they call, if you have time to play, keep them on the phone. I have a great time with this and keeps them from calling other peeps

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
My NoMoRoBo nicely rolls all those calls into the ether. Still get some, and of course e-mails.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 10:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
I get the calls all the time. But I’m a very bad phone person. If I don’t recognize the number, I don’t answer. I feel like if you really wanted to talk to me you would leave a message.
Sometimes when I’m really bored I will answer the calls .

I got a call awhile back. For every question he asked me my response was why do you want to know.
He stayed on the call for 30 minutes. Even though that was the only thing I said .
He got really mad at the end. Made me laugh.

Another one I received was from someone telling me about criminal charges against me from the IRS.
I was going to be put under arrest by the NYC police force.

Yep sure I was because they NYC police force is going to drive to Nashville to take me under custody.

I’m very sorry that some people actually get scared and fall for this stuff.

They stuff I get in emails is ridiculous. I really like the ones that start dear Mr.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, October 08, 2018 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
You are one Big Bad Bird, Birdie! Keep up the good work.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I just opened a 16 pack of CVS AA batteries.

It had a spot right in the middle of the pack that said 'open here' and there were perforations where I can press and pull open a little door to remove the batteries through.

I had to dodge the serrations on the sharp pointed knife I used to perforate the perforated area.

I finally got a little lip I could slip the knife under and lift up the cute little door.

Rip, tear. I got a piece of cardboard up high enough to fish out a battery.

What I really like is when the batteries fall out of the 'door' on subsequent use. I hate having to scotch tape it shut, but I do it anyway.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I am irritated that my 15 yr old nephew started the dryer last night at 10 pm. The laundry room is just outside my bedroom, so I turned it off. The kid had the day off yesterday so why did he wait so late? AND he put the dryer setting to delicate for a huge load of his jeans, t-shirts, undies and socks! It will take twice as long to dry! I turned it on this morning for him but changed the setting to cotton so that it would dry before school. He was very concerned about shrinkage. (also, he forgot to take the stuff out of his pockets! noisier)

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I can understand his thinking about shrinkage. I am very fabric care conscious. I'm in condo building with common commercial washers and dryers. Dryers have normal, perm press, delicate settings. I am surprised at what delicate setting will dry.

There is a sign in the laundry room -- don't start washers after 8:30 p.m. or start before 7:00 a.m.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
thanks for responding, Color. I only use the delicate for a very small load.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Depends on a machine and how it's set. I am surprised at how well delicate setting on our dryers dry. I put clothing in machine set on delicate -- decent sized load with a little flannel, corduroy, etc. Dries. I've started putting load of 3 - 4 pairs of jeans in a dryer on delicate. They are near dry. Lay them out to complete drying. Again, I am very fabric / fabric care conscious.

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Kids never seem to be able to think beyond the immediate. So the clothes are done last minute without thinking how the noise will affect you!

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Funny' sorry Dennecee, I always turn my dryer on late..
The noise does not bother me, cause I like extra noise for some reason when I go to sleep...prob explains the Fan' that is pointed at my bed at night... I like the air flowing but also the soft sound of the fan, turning back and forth.. If its too silent, I cant sleep.

Also, Its sometimes better to use the big appliances late at night when 'everyone' else is not' I guess its does not stress out the electric grid... so Im told....lol

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Off peak hours.. Less expensive here in California.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Your right Sea' It pay's to be aware... Costs are rising' but not my SSI' check.....ugggg.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Chew, do you have any of the Amazon Echo devices? You can get various white noises, environmental sounds, etc. from them. Before those, I had a few CDs of various sounds that I would play and fall asleep to. When I got my pup at 9 weeks of age, we fell asleep to the sound of an oscillating fan. (It was summertime so it was real.). Never had a problem with him crying at night.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I trained my kiddo well on avoiding shrinkage. Just don't dry to fully dry. Lots of plastic hangers, dry for about 10 minutes, then take them out, shake and hang to dry the rest of the way.

Since we are both tall, shrinkage is an issue, because it takes clothes from just barely long enough to not long enough at all.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I do about the same thing Karuuna.. Im not a tall person but I dont like shrinkage ether.

Color' I know what your talking about, I actually have lots of CD's that are like that.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 - 1:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
This is my favorite for ocean waves. Link

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 31, 2019 - 2:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That doesn't sound like ocean and my cat looked at me and left the room.

Ocean here is a deeper sound.

I had a sound machine I used to use when I was taking daytime naps and we had people using the basketball half court. They also seemed to be required to about and to dribble the ball even off the court.

I don't know where the machine is now but it had a variety of sounds.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, February 01, 2019 - 7:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
White Noise app on my phone is my go-to. Portable and I don't have to lug a fan around like I used to whilst traveling.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, February 08, 2019 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Little, I guess. Silly, not really.

Seems Barnes & Noble doesn't want to sell books. I do still miss Borders Books & Music. Wanted to sign into my B&N account on-line. Wouldn't let me due to inactivity. That's true. So I do the whole thing to reset / change password. TRY to sign in. No, same inactivity message. Called B&N 800 number. No help really. "You can set up a new account." I don't want a new account. I want to sign into my current account. Called local B&N store. No help. Told hm I miss Borders. Will browse in B&N store and buy from Amazon. So there!!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, February 08, 2019 - 11:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That is strange..

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, February 09, 2019 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
sad, B&N lets us make money in December by wrapping books so I have to have a loyalty to them While Amazon and I have parted ways because they insist on keeping my credit card on their file when I am not buying anything, there is no way to delete it even if I delete my account. so I changed the card and don't use them anymore. Amazon owns a lot of other sites, so mostly I shop in real life.
If you are using amazon you should use Smile .amazon which allows you to have a small part of your purchase donated to a charity. those small parts add up.