TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Best work shoes

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: tack Buyers Banter: Best work shoes users admin

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, August 09, 2019 - 6:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I've had my shoes a couple of months. Tried two pairs of insoles today, and they still kill my feet after a couple of hours working. They are Skechers Relaxed Fit Work shoes. They are slip-resistant, which is required for my job. I've seen ads for Orthofeet shoes with glowing recommendations. They are pricey, but would be worth it, if they work. I have got to find something to give me some relief. Any suggestions?

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, August 09, 2019 - 10:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Hecka, if you start looking at nurses' and waitress's shoes, you will note most of them are wearing SAS. SAS are wonderful work shoes, and surely should be slip resistant shoes. In my job, I needed shoes that could be presentable, but I could also run in if I had to. Once I discovered SAS, I declared I would never buy anything else. However, they are very expensive.

Go to an expensive shoe store and try on SAS shoes, see what size you need. Also note the names of the styles that would be appropriate for your work. Then go to eBay and search on SAS, [style name] 9.5N, for example, and see what comes up. If you are strapped for funds or want to try out a style, look for pre-owned and look at the pictures. You want something that looks pretty new, and shows little wear on the insole or soles. If you don't see anything you are interested in, there is an option to Save This Search, and eBay will send you a notice when they find something you are looking for.

I may have some spare pairs of loafer styles I have saved for many years that I may never wear again but can't bear to get rid of. Send me an e-mail at the address in my profile if your size turns out to be 9.5 to 10.5, or if you would like me to look for SAS shoes for you of any size. I sort of have a knack for finding stuff. I go to estate sales and often find new or almost new $130+ SAS shoes (they are all hand-made) for $10 or under.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, August 10, 2019 - 6:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
There used to be an SAS store not far from me. Been gone for a few years. Years ago I bought SAS loafer style shoes on eBay. Very good eBay buy. Had to get rid of my SAS 10N shoes cuz I now wear 11.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, August 10, 2019 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the input. Did some research. Only one local store sells SAS out of a brick and mortar store. Lots online, mostly $130+. I wear 7 1/2. Used to be 5 in high school, and was 6 until the last few years. My SIL went to the store that sells SAS years ago and was fitted for shoes. They recommended Saucony brand. She said they were great for many years.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, August 10, 2019 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I only know of Saucony as an athletic shoe that runs wide, so I never paid much attention to them. But, yeah, going to a good shoe store and finding a brand you like and what size you take in each brand is a good idea.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, August 10, 2019 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I've found The Walking Company to be a store to check for good comfortable shoes.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, August 11, 2019 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I bought a (very expensive 180.00 Cdn + tax) pair of MEPHISTO sandals and my painful Plantar Fasciitis is much more tolerable now. Feels more than 50% better! So worth every penny.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, April 03, 2022 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I saw an ad recently that said SAS shoes are going out of business.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, April 03, 2022 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Those Mephisto sandals are a miracle! Zero pain. Have 2 pairs now.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, April 03, 2022 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Hokas are recommended for walking.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, April 03, 2022 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Hecka, I just Googled. It looks like some SAS franchises around the country didn't survive the pandemic, but I saw no indications the entire company is going out of business.

I went to a local thrift store recently, and they were celebrating one year in business, and everything was half-priced I got a pair of $168 SAS shoes that appeared to be brand new, no signs of wear whatsoever, for $5.50. Not that I actually need any shoes, but how can one NOT buy a pair of SAS shoes at that price, if they are your size?

I have ONE pair of Mephisto shoes that I purchased retail in about 1998 for around $90, the most I had ever paid for a pair of shoes at that time. I still have them, and they are very cool shoes, but I will probably never wear them again. I suppose I should sell them on Ebay.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Monday, April 04, 2022 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Hecka, last summer my feet gave out on me after a year of working/standing on cement all day. My one foot would wake me up in the middle of the night from pain. My ankle felt like it was vibrating.

When I went to look for new shoes, I stopped in Sketchers. I don't know why, they never fit me right. But I saw they had sneakers that some podiatrists designed. I ended up splurging on a pair and I love them! No more pain and they are very light weight. They're expensive. $95, and they are exempt from any deals that Sketchers run, but they are well worth it. The only things that are a pain in the neck is that the laces have to be double tied, and there's a pebble driveway where I work and I have to walk over it often, the treads are so deep that I'm constantly picking the pebbles out of the sole. Good Year makes the soles. I wouldn't notice them, except for the noise they make when I'm walking on the cement floor. So, the shoes have great traction.

Here's a link where somebody reviewed them. I have the Jericho style. Well worth the money in my book.

Link

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: