TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 16, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Daily Poll: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 16, 2019 users admin

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, June 15, 2019 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
good one Mack!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, June 15, 2019 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Those are called mondegreens, and I might think of some for myself later, but my favorite from when I first learned of mondegreens was a bear named Gladly, as in "Gladly, the cross-eyed bear". Also, the classic, "there's a bathroom on the right."

I must have some of my own; we all do.

Jimmer
Board Administrator

08-29-2000

Monday, June 24, 2019 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don't have one for myself but I have one for my DD that I thought was brilliantly funny.

We always go to Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve and the Anglican Church has a tradition of singing "Hark! The Herald Angels Sing" as the final hymn of the service, so we are very familiar with it and it is a favorite.

The third verse is:
Hail the heav'n-born Prince of Peace!
Hail the Son of Righteousness!
Light and life to all He brings
Ris'n with healing in His wings
Mild He lays His glory by
Born that man no more may die
Born to raise the sons of earth
Born to give them second birth
Hark! The herald angels sing
"Glory to the newborn King!"

Well my DD was quite the little scientist and we recently found out that for years when she was little, rather than singing "Ris'n with healing in His wings" she was happily singing "Ris'n with helium in His wings". She figured that he used helium to give himself some extra lift!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Monday, June 24, 2019 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
My best friend in high school made me laugh my head off when "Brass in Pocket" came on the radio. As we sang along with the song, he was doing okay until I heard him sing "God is my arms, God is my legs, etc." What??? I had to reveal the correct lyrics: "Gonna use my arms, gonna use my legs, etc."

Juju, thank you for the info about mondegreens - I never knew such a term existed!

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 - 4:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I used to think instead of "jungle love" the words were "chug a lug"

Sugar

08-15-2000

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 - 8:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sugar a private message Print Post    
I refuse to say how old I was when I realized it was not a "Secret Asian Man".

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, June 26, 2019 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Might add that it doesn’t help me that my mother used to deliberately make up lyrics for songs. Some go way back and may not be known to many here. One was “so wrong, it’s been good to know you” instead of “so long......”. Christmas songs often got hit like “Deck your halls with poison ivy”. Others I can’t put here because my mother was not in the least bit ever never PC. My little sister actually got sent home from kindergarten for singing some of Mom’s lyrics that were probably not acceptable.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, June 27, 2019 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, I like that helium thing.

I still have trouble remembering that it is 'Lucy in the skies, with diamonds' and not 'Lucy in disguise, with diamonds.'

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, June 27, 2019 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I hope Jesus forgives me, but I still have Jesus saying "I am the way, the truth and the LIGHT" instead of the real words "I am the way, the truth and the LIFE."

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, June 27, 2019 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hmm, I must need forgiving as well.. But being the Light is not a bad thing.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, June 28, 2019 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Yes, I think 'light' fits better. lol

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
NEW QUESTION:

What is something you've never done, but most people probably have?

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I never ate lobster and never will. :-)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Lots of food things... never eaten a burger, never eaten seafood (even before I was vegetarian).

Never watched Seinfeld.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
NOOOOO!!!! Not Seinfeld!

That show was the best!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
What a fun question - thanks Grooch! So many answers...after 61½ years on planet Earth, I have never:

• Imbibed any alcoholic beverages → beer, wine or hard liquor (my liver is pure!)
• Smoked marijuana or ingested any type of recreational drug
• Eaten anything from the sea
• Seen or come into contact with a naked woman
• Shaved my face with shaving cream & a razor – I’ve $aved thou$and$ as a result – thank goodness for electric shavers!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ric, shhh.. Don't let Hannibal Lector hear about your liver!

I never watched Seinfeld, either.

Never ate an oyster.

Never smoked anything.

Never had a cup of ☕ coffee

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I'm noticing we are a bunch of seafood haters here.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Hmmm... I'm going to have to give this some thought. I've done all those things that you all listed...

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Me too Karuuna, and I love seafood.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I like seafood.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I am going to have to think a while too, LOL.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
Gotten a tattoo.
Worn any kind of thong.
Traveled outside the USA.
Eaten any form of liver.
Tweeted or Twittered

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
love seafood & prefer it to other meats.

Never:
Gotten tattoo
been on twitter or Instagram
colored my hair a different color than my natural
shot any kind of real gun

Mak1

08-11-2002

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 - 8:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
a birdie who never tweeted or twittered?