TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 15, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 15, 2019 users admin

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 05, 2019 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
They just sort of appear. Unfortunately, once you get it, you're more likely to have a re-occurrence in the future.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 05, 2019 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well darnit Jimmer, I like my diseases to have a reason, LOL.

I did an Instacart order to get some Benedryl (picked up a few other things too). And I found some old Sudafed and Calahist, I am trying those to see if they can help. My doc isn't available until the 25th and seeing someone else can't occur until Thursday afternoon.

So maybe will all these things I can get this to go away.

One good result, all of my cold/flu medicines are badly expired, so I will get rid of them.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 05, 2019 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I have to say this is the worst thing ever! Just when I think it is clearing up it just moves on to another place on my body!!!

Instacart was fabulous, got my stuff exactly when I requested it and it wasn't that expensive plus I was able to get stuff that is not normally available from my regular grocery delivery like deli roasted chicken, sushi, etc.

I did make an appointment with the doc, earliest I could get is Friday, I should have booked the Thursday one when I had a chance but I thought taking the Benedryl would make this go away pronto.

The itching is the worst, that's when I know it is moving somewhere else! It can be almost orgasmic scratching, LMAO, and I am sure it is not good for the skin either.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, June 05, 2019 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
See a doctor. Thursday afternoon is tomorrow!!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 05, 2019 - 11:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Maybe go to urgent care tomorrow and see the doctor on Friday?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, June 06, 2019 - 12:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Isn't hit rash kind of bumpy and dotty? Hives is more even red coloured and raised. As a kid I had a lot of hives and my mum smothered me in calamine. Not sure how effective it was, but you can get it in Walgreens.

If it is hives and takes a while to go, you might consider a probiotic with Bifidobacterium infantis and Bifidobacterium longum in it. It's really made a difference with mine. (It's meant to control the histamine reaction your body has by doing some magic with your gut flora.)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 06, 2019 - 2:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
KItt, it is both. Some areas look like just red areas, then they sort of look like there are separate blisters that go back to being red areas when I put the Calahist on them.

I did look for another doctor appointment and got one for 1:30 today.

And I looked up whether Chinese food can give you hives. It is the one thing out of the ordinary that I did the "DAY the HIVES CAME".

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, June 06, 2019 - 2:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Do you think it could be shingles?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 06, 2019 - 3:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Grooch, I have had shingles before and this isn't the same, plus I had that shot they give for shingles. I did think of that though.

When I researched the Chinese food I found that MSG can cause hives, so I am thinking maybe I have developed an allergy to MSG.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, June 06, 2019 - 4:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Glad it's not shingles, but sorry you had them before. I'm also glad you are able to get into the doctors office today.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 06, 2019 - 2:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
$15 to get some reassurance... Everything was gone by the time I got there, 1.30pm, so annoying. But I was able to describe what happened and I told her how I scared myself to death thinking a hive had formed in my throat around 1am, then sat up until 3am in case I couldn't breathe and needed the paramedics.

She did tell me that if my throat had swelled, it wouldn't be subtle, I had mentioned that I also checked to see if my tongue had swelled, LOL. She said that isn't subtle either.

So at least now I have benedryl, and calahist in the house and know the symptoms for throat/tongue swelling. And all the expired old drugs are out to get dispose of properly.

OH and she couldn't tell me what caused it and everything I described was hives, not shingles, and not measles (I tried to think if I had been around anyone who might have had measles even tho I knew I had been vaccinated).

Thanks everyone for your imput, it was such a weird experience, one I hope to never repeat.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, June 06, 2019 - 5:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Very weird. If it happens again maybe write down everything you've eaten for the last day and everything you've done that day (in case it was something like a cleaner). Maybe then you can narrow it down. Hopefully it won't though! Glad it's gone.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 06, 2019 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, Kitt, I know everything I had eaten I track stuff, LOL. The only thing different for me was that I went to lunch and had Chinese food. I guess MSG can cause hives but I never had a problem before. So now I am afraid to eat the leftovers, LOL, so out they go.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, June 06, 2019 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I bet it was the MSG. Glad you are okay.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, June 09, 2019 - 9:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yeah, apparently msg can do weird things. When you have a few un-busy days, maybe try a half portion of the same dish, see if you get the same response.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, June 09, 2019 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
First I need to find out if the restaurant actually uses MSG, I think some don't. Not sure about that, I keep meaning to call them and ask.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 09, 2019 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Good idea. Lots don't use it any more.

I used to actually use it. Aji-no-mo brand. Never had a reaction to that, but did react to some restaurant dishes.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, June 09, 2019 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I could be anything they have though. When my hives was really bad as a child it was anything red. Not just synthetic red, but carrots, tomatoes, plums, strawberries... it just takes your system to tweak and off you go.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 14, 2019 - 5:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I keep forgetting to mention....THE JUNE BUGS have arrived, LOL. I saw one the other night and meant to say something.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, June 14, 2019 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
No June Bugs, but we have June Gloom.

I wonder if the June Bugs are gloomy bigs?

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, June 14, 2019 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Oh my gosh! I just realized I haven't seen a single one since moving, how odd. I'll probably walk outside tomorrow to see 6 million of them.

I did, however, find a snake the other day when I went out to get the mail, it was in the empty lot next door only about three feet from my mailbox. I actually spotted it when I was halfway across the yard (cuz desert girl and clumsy it is second nature to watch where I'm walking.) Even though I had some suspicion something wasn't quite right, you should have seen me stretching as far as possible to get the mail so I was nowhere close to it.

And then I raced in the house to get Darren...they have an annual training session at work to determine safe/not safe snakes, plus he has extra training to remove them safely if necessary. He went to stare at it for a minute, then grabbed a stick and picked it up, yep, it's a gopher snake and it's dead. I'd thought so since it was laying belly up (I'd have never gone to the mailbox if I thought it was alive.)

I know it's snake season, got warnings from the city a while back about rattlesnakes (heh, and a week or so later, I actually got a sheep warning!,) but I can't say I'm all that thrilled to realize snakes are actually in my front yard. Part of life in the desert, but this might be the first time I've come face to face with one just walking out of my front door, lol.

ETA: The very same night as I found the snake, I read a news article about freaking zombie snakes.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, June 14, 2019 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I dont go outside in June because of them! I also havent seen 1 yet...I hope I didnt jinx myself!

Treasure

06-26-2002

Friday, June 14, 2019 - 10:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
It's a shame the Gopher snake was dead. They are good to have around to keep the rattlesnakes away.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, June 14, 2019 - 11:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I didn't know that, Treasure. I knew they took care of smaller pests, though other than the birds and a lizard or two and whole family of rabbits, I haven't really seen any pests.

Treasure

06-26-2002

Saturday, June 15, 2019 - 12:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
Yep, Gopher snakes and King snakes. Don't kill or get rid of them. Both keep the rattlesnakes away.