TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 24, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): ARCHIVES: Archive through April 24, 2019 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, February 22, 2019 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
best thing to grow strong fingernails is extract of horses main, you get it at a beauty supply.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, February 23, 2019 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Pamy, I will check it out. I have always had very strong fingernails, but as I get older, they seem to flake at the ends when they are short.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, February 23, 2019 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
in the 80s my nails were trashed after having fake nails for a year, after they were off I rubbed the cream on daily and within a few weeks they were back to normal. to this day I still have long strong nails

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, February 23, 2019 - 11:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That's probably the collagen in the coarse hair, which is good for nails.

Fun fact: in a former life we used collagen for calibration in our experiments, as it scatters x-rays in a very precise pattern. When we ran out of collagen we had to go down to where it was kept - a large freezer - get out the zippy bag full of rats' tails, slice one down the length of it, and prise out what looked like a long white cotton of collagen. I always persuaded someone else to do it for me.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
N: Any Ideas??? I thought I ordered roast beef, but in reality it is Pastrami. I don't like Pastrami, it's too salty.

Is there something I can make with it? Or do I just have to find someone who likes Pastrami and give it to them, LOL.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 - 8:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well, that is an interesting question. one I never thought about.
https://www.katzsdelicatessen.com/recipes

their pastrami carbonara looks like it has a lot of ingredients to spread out the salt.
anything you cook with potatoes absorbs some of the salt so a hash might do it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Depends if you are ok consuming all that salt and just want to make it, Or is it too much salt.

Y2krazy

09-17-2002

Thursday, March 14, 2019 - 7:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Y2krazy a private message Print Post    
Do something with it with potatoes, then dispose of potatoes.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, March 14, 2019 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well bacon is very salty but it matters less when in like a BLT because it spreads the saltiness about and uses other non-salty ingredients. Whereas a bacon sandwich sounds like a bit much.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 14, 2019 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Sadiesmom... I can't believe in those recipes they actually add salt! Maybe I will try and make some potato hash with it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q: Has anyone heard how long tax refunds are taking this year? I just realized I haven't heard anyone talking about this and was wondering. TIA.

Oh, I put the pastrami in the freezer until I can find someone who likes it.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We filed early and got our refund right away. But that was before they started laying off the staff.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 10:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
DS got his about 2 weeks earlier than estimated by Turbo Tax. Filed around the beginning of February, estimated refund date was first week of March. He got his around Feb 20.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
my son did his last week and they said it would be in his bank acct within 10 days

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 12:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks, I have just been curious. Normally you hear people talking about it all the time, except this year I know a bunch of people who are nervous about even completing their tax returns because they feel they are going to be screwed.

I did file, but was very nervous that I was going to owe, thank goodness I didn't plus I got to itemize so got a good refund, and for the first time in forever didn't owe the state.

My friend ended up with a $17,000 tax bill because of all the changes, she lost a lot of her real estate deductions.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 8:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
We had to pay around $400 which is less worse than I feared. Some years we pay, some years we get money back.

Mack

07-22-2002

Thursday, March 21, 2019 - 3:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
After getting a refund for years it looks like we’ll have to pay less than $100 this year. Really not complaining as we made more this past year and also had more take home in our paychecks and pension due to reduced withholding.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, March 21, 2019 - 6:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I get my refund by check. It was FAST!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, March 21, 2019 - 4:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
we have to pay over 500 to state..1st time ever!! ughh!! we are getting about 300 back from fed so that offsets it a little...but between my hubby and I we already had almost 10,000 in taxes taken out...we usually get about 4000 back :-( between us we put 2400 per month into our 457 plans to lower our taxable income and yet we still had to pay state ugh!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, March 22, 2019 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I got to pay Pennsylvania $600.00 and the U.S. Treasury $900.00.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 25, 2019 - 6:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, I forgot... my refund came hit my bank on the 22ns, so that is 7 days from filing.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 23, 2019 - 7:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q / Thought: Wasn't it against the "law" to drink real alcohol on TV? Or was it just a moral stance that was in place.

I have been wondering this for some time since it seems that there are more and more shows that have real alcohol, ie Ellen... it always startles the guests when they have real booze. And of course Andy Cohen has always had booze on WWHL.

Just curious and wondering.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, April 24, 2019 - 6:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I filed my return on the 13th through TurboTax and my return was in my back account about 8 days later. I wasn't expecting it so it was a great surprise.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 24, 2019 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Dipo, there aren't any government laws about drinking on TV. The networks make they're own rules and standards on that subject, and they change them all the time.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, April 24, 2019 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Interesting Naja I always thought there was some law, it seemed to be such a big deal in the past and now everybody is drinking, LOL.