TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 05, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 05, 2019 users admin

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, May 06, 2019 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I should do that too. Bunch of books in the back that are probably WAY too boring for me to read.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, May 06, 2019 - 10:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Friends of the Library is where I have started taking mine. I have six bookcases and tables with stacks and boxes over the garage,more in the house and I have been on Kindle since 2008.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, May 06, 2019 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
None of these books are simply for reading. Graphics. Decorating and travel books with photos and illustrations. And other subjects. A lot. Heavy. Just about all hardcover.

Not finished purging. 26" stack -- so far.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 7:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Maybe a local school might take some of them as reference materials?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Books are gone. Goodwill. Had to get them out and gone. Stack was 30"+. How many pounds??!! Mostly bigger hardcover books. Horrible when that thing came crashing down last night. Anyone hear it?? It was 9:15 - 9:30 Central.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 07, 2019 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
You can get a good deduction for books using It's Deductible.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
RIP Tim Conway. I thought we had a Passings thread.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
we do, it's in the news feed
Yeah, I used to love watching Tim! RIP!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
<93> It’s the RIP thread [in N & V] but there use to be a “ passings” thread somewhere. I hope they do a tribute of some kind on TV.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The passings thread is in Free Expression.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, May 14, 2019 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thanks Dipo

Mack

07-22-2002

Friday, May 31, 2019 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
So Mrs Mack and I were cleaning up our pantry and rearranging our Tupperware/Rubbermaid storage containers. Even after 22 years we still have a collection of his, hers, and ours. For instance we have a Tupperware lecture keeper I got over 50 years ago. Darn thing has outlasted two marriages! Anyhow, amongst all the good stuff are a bunch of what I call throwaway containers, the kind if you take it to a potluck and it disappears no big deal. Well these throwaways are like Lazarus and keep coming home time and time again. They get washed and dried and live on for another potluck, party, or handy storage at home. One we were able to date to my retirement breakfast 10 years ago!!! Anybody else keep these “throwaways” that long???? 😳😬

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 31, 2019 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, that is too funny Mack. I don't have may throwaways left, I use them to send leftovers to my sisters house and then she uses them for her lunches. The only ones that come back are my good ones that I make her swear she will return.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, May 31, 2019 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Oh geez, I wish! I've been keeping the plastic containers with lids that butter, sour cream, cookie dough, etc. come in for Darren and Kota's lunches. I even buy specific things (like the small containers of butter or yogurt) because the container is the perfect size for fruit or salads and will fit in lunch boxes, lol.

I used to buy more expensive bowls, and then switched to the gladware brand, but it's such a waste of money. Darren is terrible about, "Oops, I accidentally dropped my container in the trash can and wasn't fishing it out." This way, I'm buying stuff we're going to use and eat anyways, I reuse the containers, and I'm not terribly upset when good containers end up not coming back home, lol.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Friday, May 31, 2019 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
Mack, you've just described my storage container cupboard! I'm sure I have some throwaway containers that are at least 10 years old. People give them back even though I insist I don't need them back.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, May 31, 2019 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Through the years I have kept too many glass jars. Have to pitch some of them. I'm near a Container Store. Than can be dangerous. . I have a few different sets of plastic food containers that I bought including a bunch of Glad LockWare containers in various sizes. I like those. Glad no longer makes them.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Friday, May 31, 2019 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
I have one plastic baking dish that one of the ladies at Bailey's church sent a lasagne in when Melodie was born. She just finished her freshman year of high school. LOL

Grooch

06-16-2006

Saturday, June 01, 2019 - 2:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I'd like to know how you guys store them. Mine just seem to take up to much room and it drives me crazy trying to keep them neat and organized.

Mack

07-22-2002

Saturday, June 01, 2019 - 5:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Grooch - We try to nest them, smaller ones inside bigger ones and so on. At Tupperware parties the sales rep used to go through this little show of how you could nest the containers and lids to save space. Truth is it gets out of control periodically and that’s why we were in the pantry trying to get them sorted out and stacked neatly for however long that will last. All of this raises a question though.....do they still have Tupperware parties? Haven’t heard of one in years. I know Tupperware is still made and can be bought on line now.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Saturday, June 01, 2019 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Mack, about a year ago, I was looking for a "Tupperware Party" near me and didn't find anything, not even a local Tupperware dealer. So I went to eBay and of course I found LOTS of Tupperware dealers there. I picked one to buy from and I was pleased with my purchase. This dealer now sends me emails notification every now and then which helps me to keep in the loop with all the new current Tupperware products.

As for our multitude of plastic containers, last Spring I got into the mood and took every single plastic container and lid out of their parking spots in my kitchen pantry and drawers. I was amazed at the masses!! I then matched up the Tupperware containers and lids first and then I matched up all others. I selected sets that I knew we would use. What was left over, I donated to our local community donation center for resale. I can't tell you how refreshing it felt to keep only the containers I knew we would use and disperse with all the rest! Thanks my story and I'm sticking to it, lol.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, June 04, 2019 - 11:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Holy cow, I think I am having a heat rash... This is so weird. I haven't ever had a reaction to anything and my allergies are from pollen.

I have put some cool compresses on different areas and it seems to be going down.

Does this sound like a normal heat rash? It is just so itchy, if I didn't know better I would think I had poison ivy, LOL.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 05, 2019 - 12:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Try Epsom salts?

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, June 05, 2019 - 4:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I take Benadryl and use an over-the-counter topical cortisone cream for my heat rash. I get a heat rash maybe two times a year. No rhyme or reason other than it happens early in the spring as we move to summer...a quick transit here...and summer to fall. Usually runs its course in two or three days.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, June 05, 2019 - 5:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I had poison ivy a couple of weeks ago - ended up having to have a steroid shot and a round of oral steroids. I'll be more careful to wear sleeves the next time I go out to pull weeds!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 05, 2019 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks, I would think that heat rash would sort of go away since I am not hot. I was thinking it might be hives. It seemed like it was letting up a bit last night and then it sort of re-flared, it is really weird. And now it sort of burns unless I have cool compresses on it. I wet a tank top and that feels real good, LOL.

I don't have any bendryl so maybe I will get some delivered, or I will just go see my doctor. Think I will check her availability.