TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 09, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Daily Poll: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 09, 2019 users admin

Jmm

08-15-2002

Friday, April 12, 2019 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
I don't watch TV and if I do (Big Brother) it's on TIVO so I actually haven't seen a commercial in years.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, April 12, 2019 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I FF through them all, so I don't see them.

However, after listening to the Progressive "I'm not the maid" commercial a few times on the news today, that would be a candidate.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 12, 2019 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Oh! That one or anything with that character, yes!

One That I hope to move along is any Chewy.com commercial with that doorbell!! Arrgh!

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Friday, April 12, 2019 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
All prescription commercials. By the time they get through the possible side effects you forget what ever illness the were talking about.
The kicker tell your doctor if you have ever had, blah blah, heck should your doctor not already know.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, April 12, 2019 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I don't watch television either, only use internet, and if I can't block commercials, I simply open the Twitter tab while the commercial is playing. I leave the sound on, but somehow I never hear any actual words.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 12, 2019 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I watch on dvr,where I can ff. On Demand says you may not be able to ff, but often you can, on my Spectrum setup.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, April 12, 2019 - 11:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, I hate the maid one, and the one Coventry one, it makes me so sad. I want to donate but don't have the money.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Saturday, April 13, 2019 - 2:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Purple mattress commercials, someone gets a new mattress and suddenly everyone in the neighborhood tries to sneak in and lay on it. I find it kinda creepy.

Heh, Firebird, prescription commercials are just insane. Sometimes the side effects are way worse than what the med is supposed to be treating.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, April 13, 2019 - 8:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree about the prescription commercials. First, I think prescriptions should be prescribed by doctors. It’s not like they’re trying to sell toilet paper. Second, showing the happy client while listing those side effects is crazy (and kind of funny).

Our local commercials get me. We have this guy who sings a song and describes himself as “the cash man”.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Saturday, April 13, 2019 - 6:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Couldn't tell you the last time I watched a commercial. If I'm not watching on Firestick (90%), then it's recorded on TIVO and I FF all commercials.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, April 13, 2019 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
That awful Liberty Mutual, emu / man one.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, April 13, 2019 - 11:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
LARRY from Sit n Sleep.

Mamie316

07-08-2003

Wednesday, April 24, 2019 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamie316 a private message Print Post    
Anything with Flo and her insurance buddies. Especially the one with her sister on her exercise bike. They all need to go.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, April 24, 2019 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Those commercials about toenail fungus are GROSS.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, April 30, 2019 - 5:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I have two and can't decide which is worse.

The "Help Me" commercial where there's somebody's elderly mom laying at the bottom of the basement steps with her laundry basket next to her. You know she lives alone and nobody is going to find her. To disturbing.

Or the commercial about curved penises and the men holding mis-shapened vegetables and glumly staring at them. Plus having to listen to all the horrible side effects if you take their drug.

Lancecrossfire
Animoderator

07-13-2000

Friday, May 03, 2019 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lancecrossfire a private message Print Post    
JG Wentworth!! Hate them!! First a total rip off operation, and next really horrible commercials.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
New Question: Name a TV show that you like and would encourage other people to start watching?

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Survivor on CBS Thursday nights.

Texasdeb

05-23-2003

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texasdeb a private message Print Post    
Actually, Survivor used to be on Thurs nights but in recent seasons, they've changed it to Wed nights. I liked it better on Thurs.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
American Gods on Starz

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 5:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
The Zoo

Dr Jeff, Ricky Mountain Vet

Call the Midwife

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 5:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Boise Boys.... I love their show, its a house remodeling show, they are very funny/cute and have 9 kids between them, LOL.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 5:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" on Amazon Prime.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Supernatural. Though it'd depend on who was asking. My sis asked not that long ago for a recommendation and I know Supernatural isn't something she'd watch, so for her it was Haven. All I had to do was tell her it was based on a Stephen King short story and she was all over it, lol. Last time it came up, she said she was enjoying it.

Egbok

07-13-2000

Thursday, May 09, 2019 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Egbok a private message Print Post    
Bull on CBS.