TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 04, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Entertainment Place: Hollywood gossip, news & milestones: Archives: Archive through April 04, 2019 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 06, 2019 - 11:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Kooklie, I hope your brother beats the odds.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, March 07, 2019 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
(((Kookli & bro))) Kookli when it comes to pancreatic cancer your brother is an ongoing miracle. :-)

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, March 07, 2019 - 9:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yeah, the doctors call him Iron Mike because he has been on various forms of chemo since diagnosed. When he goes off the chemo, the indicators start to rise again. Now, he does a somewhat mild form (if chemo can be mild) to keep the cancer at bay. But, he is able to live his life, travels a lot and enjoys his family. He finally realized what was important in life.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, March 07, 2019 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That is fantastic, Kooklie.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, March 07, 2019 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
My best friend's mom is the longest living Pancreatic Cancer survivor in our area...and it might be in the state of Texas.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, March 07, 2019 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
link two articles on pancreatic treatment.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 14, 2019 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OH MY WORD, while I am not surprised this was kind of fast.... Michael Ausiello Verified account @MichaelAusiello
47m47 minutes ago
More
Breaking: Lori Loughlin Fired From All Hallmark Projects Over College Scandal — Report https://tvline.com/2019/03/14/lori-loughlin-fired-hallmark-channel-statement-college-scandal/ … via @AndySwift

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, March 14, 2019 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I wonder what Target will do. They carry her husband's clothing line.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, March 14, 2019 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Sephora and TRESeme have dropped Lori's daughter Olivia Jade as an influencer.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 15, 2019 - 1:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I hope Amazon will also drop her.

Lancecrossfire
Animoderator

07-13-2000

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lancecrossfire a private message Print Post    
I want to know why the husband wasn't arrested. He had to have known what Lori was doing, and it seems he had to be ok with it, which at a minimum makes him an accessory, which is a crime.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
He was arrested, too.

Lancecrossfire
Animoderator

07-13-2000

Friday, March 22, 2019 - 8:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lancecrossfire a private message Print Post    
Ah, ok, good! I just hear about her--heard nothing about him. Thanks for letting me know!

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, March 22, 2019 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kooklie, Target started phasing out Mossimo almost a couple years ago.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, March 22, 2019 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Yes, it was William Macy that was not arrested, only his wife.

Lancecrossfire
Animoderator

07-13-2000

Sunday, March 24, 2019 - 5:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lancecrossfire a private message Print Post    
The girls should be arrested too--how is it possible they didn't know about it?? Oh, let's take a picture of you on a rowing machine. What, no question of why from her?? I got what score on my SAT?? Guess that makes sense--I've always been a genius

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, March 25, 2019 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Exactly what I was thinking...

Lancecrossfire
Animoderator

07-13-2000

Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lancecrossfire a private message Print Post    
Don't know for sure if it is true or not....seems Jade didn't fill out an application for admission, yet got into the school. That didn't raise any red flags to her?? She is blaming her parents for running her life.

I think if she gets into a high profile college without even applying and doesn't question anything, she should be blaming herself for being a self-centered snot nosed brat.

Zeyna

07-15-2001

Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zeyna a private message Print Post    
I agree to an extent, but I don't think Laurie's daughter even wanted to go to college, it seems she was content doing her vlog, and making good money from it too. Her parents are mostly to blame, imo. She went along, but she is a kid and I'm sure there was pressure to do what her parents thought was right.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 1:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Kenya, I agree. These are teenagers who live at home and are doing what their parents told them to do. They don't have much choice. Sort of like Stockholm syndrome. I think their world is shook up enough with their parents going to jail.

I'm just not really a pro jail type of person, except for extreme cases.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 6:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I honestly don't think that these entitled teenagers give much thought to how things come about - when everything is handed to them on a platter they really don't care - that is their expectation. Mom and Dad have probably never had to sit them down and tell them that there just simply isn't enough money for them to buy x, y and z. Instead a credit card and a trendy car was probably handed to them at way too inappropriate of an age.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 8:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I know at 18 my reality was paying my own bills, college had to wait(until I found out about grants and student loans.) Spoiling your children like they did just makes it harder on them in the long run.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Denecee - my reality was similar to yours. I paid to go to community college, because I could not afford the 4 year college. Yes, I had some scholarships, but it not enough. I have worked since I was 15 and berry picked for 5 summers prior to that. I managed to do okay in life without any handouts.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I am paying for my daughter's college but she does know that it is a sacrifice and that once she's out she will be having to make her own way. I don't know originally if she realized what a gift I was giving her but now that she's almost 4 years in and is aware of the loan debt that many of her students are accumulating she is VERY appreciative. She watches her spending, went to an affordable college, and is getting a major which will insure that she is employed upon graduation (Special Education teacher). I am paying for it because she will not be in a high paying position but she has worked hard, overcoming ADHD and dyslexia, to get where she is today. I do not want her dealing with student loan debt after graduation and I was able (by some sacrifice) to do it for her. No regrets - I can go without a newer car or a bigger house or regular pedicures while she's in school.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I am loathe to judge the children unless I know more of their stories. At their age, they are still largely the products of their raising, and may have distorted views of how the world works. This will be a major wake up call for them, and how they choose to go forward matters more than how they got to where they are.

As for the parents, they broke the law, they need to pay the penalty. A shame there isn't also a penalty for terrible parenting, but that's another issue.

I paid for all of my son's undergrad work, because I could *afford* to. He did take some loans for grad school, plus worked while he went to help offset the cost. Even so, he's looking at those $300/month payments and wondering if it was worth it. But he is a responsible kid, and watches money carefully, so he'll be okay. That is what he was taught, regardless of our income status when he was raised.