TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 26, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 26, 2019 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, March 30, 2019 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Glad to hear that. It's not likely it will get out then. It's always possible, but as long as Facebook security holds, and her friends are good people, she's okay.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Tuesday, April 02, 2019 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
https://www.karenkane.com/store/plus-sizes/topsplussizes/plus-size-european-print-shirttail-tee?color=navy

I have been stumped on this shirt. I know it is meant to be Paris, but had no idea what the tower on the left side was meant to be.

Someone suggested Disney Paris, wonder what you all think.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, April 03, 2019 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Disney Paris makes sense, so the tower on the left is replica or similar to the Castle in Disney World and/or Disneyland?

Mack

07-22-2002

Thursday, April 04, 2019 - 3:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I suspect that the castle on the left is Neuschwanstein in Germany. It was the inspiration for the Disney castle.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Does anyone on here subscribe to AARP? If so, do you feel it's worth the cost(which I have no idea how much that is?)

Jeep

10-17-2001

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeep a private message Print Post    
I've been a member of AARP for many years. I really do like the magazine they send. It's full of ideas for seniors regarding health, money savings, medicines, etc. I've found many of their articles helpful. AARP also gives you discounts at different retailers and restaurants, but you have to check out which ones in your area and you have to ask. You also have access to AARP's home and auto insurance and their medical insurance supplement programs. So pretty good. I believe the annual cost is $15 or around there. I usually renew for 5 years at a time.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Agree with Mack. It looks like Neuschwanstein in Germany.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
Thank you Jeep! that's cheap!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I don't subscribe because there really wasn't anything that I would use, but I have friends who swear by it because they use it for their travels... discounts on car rentals, etc. At least that was the case a couple of years ago

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Just the AARP magazine is worth the money. There is a discount at Denny's Restaurant.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I have subscribed since the day I turned 50, at first just for the novelty of being so old, LOL, but it is not expensive. They have a monthly magazine and an every two weeks sort of newspaper periodical. If you travel and don't have any better discounts, always ask for AAA rate on hotel rooms. It is also good for discounts on MANY other activities and facilities, but once the novelty of being officially old wore off, I often forget to ask for the discount.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 11, 2019 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Autoclub/AAA often has the same discount as AARP.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, April 11, 2019 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I have AAA for all my road stuff, + various travel or other discounts, and do not feel the need to add AARP into the mix. I really only have the AAA in case my car breaks down. It was cheaper, and easier, than adding towing to my car insurance. I get senior discounts at many hotels for just being an older person, they do not require a AARP card for the discount.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, April 11, 2019 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I have on star just in case I get into trouble on the road, Triple A never worked for me, I have called them they said they would come and I waited hours upon hours in the car, with On star, they come quicker because I make the operator stay on the line with me. ha ha. I tell them I am an old woman all alone on an empty road and they talk to me until someone gets there. After the third time AAA did not show up I discontinued them and when I bought a new car it had onstar installed. no discounts but they do get there in an hour. did not join AARP either.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, April 11, 2019 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I get free AARP with my AOL account. Yes, I still have an AOL account...LOL.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 11, 2019 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Automobile Club of So Cal is excellent!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, April 11, 2019 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I've had to call AAA road service twice. I had excellent response.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, April 11, 2019 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I also have AAA. And AARP.

Heehee, I remember when all you spring chickens were too young to even THINK about AARP.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Thursday, April 11, 2019 - 11:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I have had AAA since I was 16 yrs, a really long time. They have always been amazing for me. I have my car and home insurance thru them, and pay 51 annual for roadside. For me' its really worth the road side. I have locked myself out of the car way to many times and they were there within 20 min's.. and recently I had a really bad tire, I was at home' but I just needed towing to Les Swab to get new tires. Twice I had car damage 'not my fault' and I was given a rental, and the car repaired..with no problem...so I love my AAA...

I have never subscribed to the AARP though, so good question Denecee, I have often wondered if I should, as I get the mail offer at least once every two months in the mail.

I just may look into it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, April 15, 2019 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New weird ?: So a small black/steel colored thing fell out of my cabinet door (not sure from where, there are three hinges) and now the door will not stay closed.

Any idea what the deal is and how it would be fixed? (I am now using a twist tie to tie it to it's neighbor so it will stay closed)

Thanks! Oh and I have found these little wierd pieces on the counter before but never knew where they were coming from, I just happened to be there when this piece fell down.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 - 6:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Might it be part of a magnet assembly that holds your door closed? If not the magnet then the steel that it adheres to?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hmm, I am going to get a flashlight and climb up on my stepstool and see if I can determine the difference between the working and non working on.

Thanks Roxip, it hadn't occurred to me it might be some sort of magnet.

Mack

07-22-2002

Monday, April 22, 2019 - 3:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
I was thinking it could be part of a small spring that has failed over the years. ????

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, April 26, 2019 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Calling all Catholics: S.O.S. Help Please! What is an appropriate gift for a friend's granddaughter's 1st Communion?

We're invited to the family party tomorrow afternoon. While DH is Roman Catholic he doesn't remember and we don't want to screw up, or look thoughtless or rude. So do we write a cheque (if yes, what is a decent amount? $25.00? $100.00?) Or if it's a gift what should we buy? I'm guessing it's rude to just show up with only a greeting card. This friend is a dear friend and we don't want to insult her. She knows we are unable to go to the church service in the morning due to a scheduling conflict so she invited us to the family party tomorrow afternoon at her condo. I need this advice ASAP. She's on FB so I can't ask there. I'd be so grateful for any advice.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 26, 2019 - 6:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Lots of stuff online, but your time is short.. Hallmark has items..