TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 12, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Daily Poll: ARCHIVES: Archive through April 12, 2019 users admin

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, January 01, 2019 - 8:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Wow!! Look at all the Latino New Year's traditions I found, including the ones we all mentioned:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/12/31/new-years-eve-traditions_n_6400404.html

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
How many meals to you eat per day?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I try to always have breakfast, lunch and dinner.

(I am not going to count snacks as a meal)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Now that I think about it, while I often have breakfast, lunch and dinner, there are some days where I'll just have a big breakfast and skip lunch.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Kind of two. Either a late breakfast or early lunch and always a dinner. I can get busy in the morning and wind up having an afternoon snack.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Three, plus a midafternoon snack.

Jeep

10-17-2001

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 - 11:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeep a private message Print Post    
One.....from sunup to sundown.....sometimes after sundown in the winter.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't eat specific meals, just specific foods (1 or 2 yogurts, but handful of pistachios, a serving of carrots, grape tomatoes with organic guacamole, a Honeycrisp apple, and most days a small serving of meat.

If I have a meal out with friends, I skip the meat and one yogurt.

I don't follow the nothing after sundown rule but I do usually fast for 12 hours most days.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I like Jeep's idea.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Two -lunch and dinner. On Wed. and Sat. evenings we have a snack of popcorn, too. I hate breakfast - never feel like eating, and I don't like most breakfast foods, so it works for me.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, February 22, 2019 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Three meals, two snacks. Mostly.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, February 22, 2019 - 3:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I wonder if you guys can help me with something... it's not really a poll, but it does have options, and I would be really interested in your opinions/solutions.

There are two people who review tax returns that their staff have prepared. The customers have to wait until their tax returns are reviewed before they can leave.

Most of the tax returns are simple and take 5-10 minutes to review. Some of the returns are more complicated and take 30 minutes+ to review. The reviewers know from the outset which is which.

Ideally, every tax return would be reviewed in order.

My question is:

The first two tax returns of the day are both complicated and would need 30+ minutes to review

Reviewer 1 takes the first (complicated) return to review.

Is it fairer for Reviewer 2 to take the second complicated return to review (making the next ~4 people in line wait an extra 30 minutes), or is it fairer for Reviewer 2 to skip the second complicated return, leaving it for the other reviewer to review when they finish the first complicated return, and go straight to the next few people in line, who only take 5-10 minutes each?

So Option 1: review complicated tax return and make four people wait an extra 30 minutes or

Option 2: skip the complicated tax return (who was next in line) and make that person wait 30 minutes, and review the next four simple tax returns instead

Option 3: something else

Everyone is working non-stop, so there's no option for anyone else to jump in and help.

I hope that was clear, but please let me know if it wasn't.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, February 22, 2019 - 8:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
If it was my complicated tax return I'd be more than willing to wait that half an hour. Once the reviewer was finished with the easy ones, he could properly concentrate on mine.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, February 22, 2019 - 11:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I would have person 1 do the complicated return and person 2 do the easy ones until person 1 is done. Then it's up to them to decide if person 1 should do the next complicated return or if they should take turns doing complicated ones. But I do think when somebody is doing a complicated one, the other should be doing quick ones. Because when I am waiting in line, just seeing the line moving mentally makes the waiting easier to handle.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, February 23, 2019 - 11:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Thank you for answering. My thought was the same as both of yours, that if I had a complicated return that ties up the reviewers and causes a backlog of other customers, I'd be able to wait a little longer.

But I've been surprised how many people think once it's their turn then the whole world revolves around them. Because of the lack of resources (we're entirely volunteer run) we're literally turning away 15 or so people who just need a couple of W2s or a pension done, to do two people with disorganised self employment or stock sales who tie up preparers for 2 hours a piece, and the reviewer for another 30 mins. And then they get shirty if they have to wait a little longer for a review.

People!

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, February 24, 2019 - 4:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I know. People can be so entitled. Can you put a sign up or something and let them know they will have to wait? Or tell them they can come back for it later or the next day? Since they are getting this done for free, they should be willing to be accommodating.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, February 24, 2019 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
We have had some signs up, I've even tried to be a bit emotionally manipulative in some of them(!) but they haven't made much of a difference. And of course very few of them realise/accept that their return is one of the problem ones.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, February 24, 2019 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
At our senior center, they make specific appointments.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Sunday, February 24, 2019 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Some of our sites do too, but we get through more people, even with the problems, if we don't use appointments.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 25, 2019 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Usually they are there early, so if one of the people sent to help is done early and doesn't want a bathroom break, they can always call their next person.

I have never gone for tax help but observe the process when I am there for singing. I did sign up for help comparing Medicare part D coverage.

HICAP staffs these efforts with volunteers.

I hope you get appreciation for helping people, Kitt.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, February 25, 2019 - 3:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Ha, sometimes! I get it though, they're anxious that they might get a bad surprise, they have to wait a long time and most of them are fitting the visit round their tight schedules. As long as no one's actually mean to us, I'm good.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 25, 2019 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
You will find out in time that the older the person, the more they have multiple anxieties going. Some handle is gracefully, ithers, not so much.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, March 24, 2019 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
1st come, 1st served

2nd come, 2nd served

I think that is the only fair way.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, April 12, 2019 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
New Question

What one commercial do you like to fast-forward through the most?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, April 12, 2019 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Mine is the Plexiderm ad.