TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 30, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 30, 2019 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 15, 2019 - 10:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Our Great Aunt Ethel would grab us in hugs that went on forever.

We were not a huggy family and only saw her once a year when We just felt trapped.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, March 16, 2019 - 8:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I read a weird factoid or fake factoid the other day that hugs must last at least x seconds to provide therapeutic physical reaction. It seemed like a long time, like maybe 12 seconds. Great Aunt Ethel probably made you all better people.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, March 17, 2019 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
:-)

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Sunday, March 17, 2019 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I am a huger', but I do 'ask' before. I am out and about often, in random places' visiting many parks to walk my pups..

People recognize me'... I have lived in my town for over 45 yrs.

I will say' that one of the most remembered hugs' was on April 17' a few years back. I had walked past this woman for over a decade' with pleasant hello's as we past each other in our most beautiful park....'walking our dogs'...She just looked 'Wrong', so I stopped and ask, 'Are you ok',....she looked at me and said No.

I asked 'may I give you a hug'...and she said Yes...It was a long and loving hug, it felt received,
After, I asked, May I ask you why she was so sad and she told me it was the anniversary of her Daughters Suicide..
Oh my goodness, How do you process that. Honestly, I just looked in her eyes and asked nothing. I just told her that 'she would be in my thoughts' and she is.
Every April 17...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 18, 2019 - 5:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Good job Chewy!

Wanted hugs are excellent and needed wanted hugs are so healing.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 5:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
I'm not saying I grew up in a hillbilly area but I nearly fell out of my chair laughing when I saw this on Facebook today and no it is not Photoshopped nor is it a joke.

xx

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
sounds yummy to me!

Jmm

08-15-2002

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 6:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Yeah Pamy, but a "grilled bologna" fundraiser. LOL

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I did get a chuckle out of the grilled bologna, hahahahaha. I have some friends who would love to go, but grilled bologna has never appealed to me.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I guess my mom's Missouri blood is in me and I didnt see anything wrong with that LOL

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
that is funny Pamy, as a child I do remember my Mom frying bologna in a fry pan, she would cut it in 4 places around it, and it would curl up. I loved it....
Going on 63' and I have never had it since. But, I do remember' at the time..it was tasty...ha ha

Jmm

08-15-2002

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 7:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Oh don't get me wrong, I had a fried bologna and cheese sandwich a couple of nights ago. It just seemed odd for a fund raiser. LOL

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 8:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Yes Jmm, it is kind of different...
But it does bring back memories...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 - 11:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, March 22, 2019 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
New burger joint in the neighborhood -- 15 miles. They live in these west 'burbs.

Link

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, March 22, 2019 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Cool! You have to go there and come back and give us a review. :-)

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, March 29, 2019 - 10:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I really don't know where to put this.

I have a Facebook friend with a little 5 year old girl in dance.

She posts lots of pictures.

The girl has a lot of make up on and wears two piece outfits.

The dance movements look almost sensual.

Is this good to put out on the internet with all the pedophiles watching?

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, March 29, 2019 - 11:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
no but most of the little dance troops are like that now :-(

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, March 29, 2019 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I agree, it's not a good idea. But it's very common.

Check to be sure that her settings are private, that is only her FRIENDS can see it (like you).

That makes a big difference.

If has a little globe symbol under the name of your friend (in that post), it's public. Encourage her to change it.

If it has 2 little people, that means only her friends can see it, and it's probably ok as long as she is conscientious about who her friends are.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, March 29, 2019 - 12:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Pamy and Karuna. I will check to see if it is private.

I just can't see little kids doing the dances they do.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, March 29, 2019 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
great advice.

Kearie

07-21-2005

Friday, March 29, 2019 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kearie a private message Print Post    
Very good advice.

Huanzi has been in dance since she was 7. I know the first few times I saw her before a recital/show I was shocked at the make-up being so thick and the outfits were so small. Mom actually sewed some of the costumes for some of the gals in Huanzi's group. I think the excessive make-up is for 'stage-presence' so the audience can see their faces. The dances can be very age inappropriate and shocking, but it's what it takes to be a winning team, sadly.

Never heard about pics being on line. That would bother me also. Creepy in this day and age. But I can imagine group photos of competitive dance groups might be used in promotional pages. Other than that, I would worry.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Friday, March 29, 2019 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Dogdoc have you ever watched Dance Moms?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, March 30, 2019 - 5:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Kearie.

Thank you Sadiesmom and Sunnyday.

Yes, I have seen Dance Moms, Sunnyday, it was filmed here in Pittsburgh. I never liked the show.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, March 30, 2019 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, I checked, and her post is for friends only.

Thank you.