TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 15, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 15, 2019 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, January 14, 2019 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I feel you Mack! Things that I could do without even thinking about it a few years ago now just don't work the same. I moved a dresser Friday night and had to take a pain pill before I went to bed so I wouldn't be stiff and sore the next morning! I did move a light piece of furniture down the stairs yesterday but getting it out to the curb was not fun!

Don't even get me started about mowing the yard this past fall after my guy decided to quit after not showing up for a month!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 14, 2019 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Mack, look around for anything else you might want moved.

When I was going to have surgery and we still didn't know what stage of cancer I had, I bought a new recliner and needed the old one moved to the garage.

I hired movers and had to pay for 2 hours, or 3.

They were so nice!

They said they were mine for that time and even vacuumed!

I didn't even think of another item that could have been moved from upstairs to the garage.

Good solution, for sure.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, January 24, 2019 - 1:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I hope somebody can help me.

I bought a Sunbeam Microwave and it doesn't work right.

I called the company and went through the trouble shooting. The lady on the phone said it cannot be fixed and I can get a refund.

I have to get the sticker off of the back of the microwave. It is down in the garage where it is quite cold.

The sticker isn't budging.

Does anybody know of a way to loosen it. Would warm water?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 24, 2019 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
If the cold is a problem, hand held hair dryer?

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, January 24, 2019 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Would they let you take a picture of it and use that?

Maybe goo gone? Heres a link that tells you how to get it off. But I'd still take a picture first in case it gets ruined.

Link

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, January 24, 2019 - 1:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Kar. I will try the hair dryer.

Grooch, they said I had to send it in. Good idea about getting a pictures in case I ruin it. I can try goo gone tomorrow if I can find some.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 24, 2019 - 1:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
My experience is that goo be gone will damage the sticker.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Thursday, January 24, 2019 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Yeah, the goo stuff will take the sticker off, but not in any way you'll be able to use the sticker afterwards, at least in my experience. I use glass bottles for all kinds of crafts and sometimes that's the only way to get stubborn stickers and labels off. It makes a mess of the stickers.

The only way I've had stickers come off in one piece, and then only sometimes, is by soaking the bottles in hot, soapy water. Unfortunately, that probably doesn't help with the microwave.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 24, 2019 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Once it's warm, if it still won't come off, you can hold a warm wet washcloth to it, and then try to carefully peal off, maybe with a putty knife to life the edges.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 24, 2019 - 2:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Shame on them! Surely a serial number should do.

And they want you to pay for the recycling, it seems.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, January 24, 2019 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I asked her if I could just write the serial number down, and she said no.

I also have to sever the plug and send it to them.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, January 24, 2019 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Where did you buy it? Can't you just return it to the store?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, January 24, 2019 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I got it at Target. I guess they don't take them back.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, January 24, 2019 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
If you still have the box and bought it in the past 90 days you should be able to return it or exchange it. Either way you go you still have to get rid of the thing. So, it's which way you think is easier.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, January 25, 2019 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Success !!!!!!!!!!

Grooch, I bought the microwave in early Sept., too late to return it.

Karuuna, I dumped a cup of almost boiling water on the sticker and it peeled right off. I just started at a small corner and off it came!

The plug cord was hard to cut through but I got it.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, January 25, 2019 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Congrats, Dogdoc! The severing the cord made me nervous for some reason.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 25, 2019 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Thank goodness! Unfortunately, you are still stuck with getting rid of the thing, and that's not easy with microwaves.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, January 25, 2019 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Grooch.

Kar, our township has certain times when we can take them to a disposal center. I was told to hang onto the microwave until I get my check (8 to 10 weeks)

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I had such a nice thing happen. On a whim while surfing last night, I wrote directly to the manufacturer of my adjustable bed frame from the "contact us" link on their website. It's about 18 months old and piece on it has broken. I explained that to them and they emailed back this morning already!

The email simply asked for my shipping address and a copy of my proof of purchase.

So I sent them a screen cap of my Amazon invoice and my shipping address.

Within 15 minutes, I got an email back from them with a FedEX tracking number, and the message that said the part is on the way!

I don't think I have ever had anything go so easy. :-)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I had the same experience with Ikea the other day...my daughter had bought a rolling cart several years ago and one of the screws broke when she was assembling it...I was at Ikea on Saturday and went by customer service and they have now ordered the broken parts...I didn't even show them proof of purchase and I did tell them it was a while ago I bought it, but they are sending me the parts free of charge anyway. Nice when customer service is really good service (but don't ask me about assembling the file cabinet I purchased at the time...it was BRUTAL!).

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 - 11:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was afraid since I bought it in May of 2017, that would have been too long. But apparently not. I was surprised.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 - 1:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
How to keep customers and get new ones through word of mouth — good customer service.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I bought a sno joe lawn mower 3 years ago, a metal piece broke from a stress fracture (manufacturing flaw), after buying the mower, and it breaking, I ended up on crutches for 6 months and promptly forgot about mower. then it was out of warranty and I just used brute strength to run it, but then this summer , it wore a bit more on the broken part and I could not hold it together anymore. The broken part was not orderable, the first person told me to jsut buy a new mower, I said there has to be the part laying around some where, but no they could not order it, then she gave me her manager, and I was talking to her and she offered to send me a new mower for free, I really just wanted this one part. She said she would order it and if she did not get it in a week, she would send me a new mower - even though it was out of warranty. 2 days later I got an express delivery of an assembly that included the part I needed. ( about 1/4th a new mower) I am going to replace that assembly, even instead of taking it apart to get the one small metal bar that I needed. But Sno Joe, has good service and since thn I get e-mail for every direct sale they have, more to the spam folder, heh, they do have really good sales, I just want to sell my house so do not need more tools.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, March 15, 2019 - 7:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I found out there is a name for something that I hate: It is 'cute aggression'.

I cannot stand to hear an adult say to a child "You are so cute I could eat your face with a spoon!"

By saying that, they are showing cute aggression.

Please make it stop!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, March 15, 2019 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Ditto, Dogdoc. And that awful one about wanting to pinch those chubby cheeks.