TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 17, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): ARCHIVES: Archive through January 17, 2019 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 4:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Hahahaha, all very good guesses but no, LOL. I have no idea what I was trying to remind myself of...

OMG, I just realized what I think it might be. Some show I watch is on Thursday and I get so annoyed when I can't tell if it is new or not, so I wrote down the last season/show number.

So the show is in the 16th season and the last show was the 74th, so this way I can tell if the show on Thursday (whatever it is, I haven't figured that out yet) is new.

I can't believe I didn't at least write down the show name.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ellen?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Could be, LOL, but I think her new shows already started.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 7:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It was a hit I got with season 16 episode 74 Thursday that seemed current.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I use both Remindeo.com and Google calendar to remind me of things (I am a suspenders AND belts kind of person). I used to use Google calendar way back before tablets and smart phones were even invented, and then I quit for some reason. Then about 4-5 years ago, I found Remindeo, and I really liked it, until it seemed to go on strike and quit sending me messages, so I went back to Google calendar, and then Remindeo decided to cure itself.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Dipo, lol I do the same thing! Juju has great advice, i try and use my google reminder on my cel but sometimes I still chicken scratch something

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, it usually works fine. I have a Dilbert calendar that gives me a new comic everyday, and it is right by my computer so I can easily write stuff on it.

It only fails when I don't give myself enough clues, like what TV show was I annoyed at enough that I wrote down the season and show number to check on the next time it aired, hahahahaha.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I use Calengoo/Google Calendar, and have for years.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Jimmy Kimmel is in season 16, but tonight is ep 173. About 100 eps off what you posted.

There really aren't many shows currently in season 16.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 08, 2019 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, I hadn't thought of that Naja, maybe it is Ellen, she may still be in reruns.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 08, 2019 - 6:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It was Ellen, I get so annoyed that I can't tell when it is a new show, now will be easy because they should say 2019, but noting the epi number was to help know when they started being new again.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, January 08, 2019 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Top Chef is in season 16 and it's on Thursdays. It started 3 or 4 weeks ago, though. Project Runway Allstars also started up last Thursday.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 12:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Project Runway All Stars started? Nobody told me!

Is it on lifetime? Thanks Teach for the heads up.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 1:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes. This was filmed prior to the Harvey Weinstein banishment, which is why Georgina Chapman (Harvey's soon to be ex wife) was in good spirits.

And while they didn't edit out that J C Penny would sell the winning outfit from each week, they are not. Punishing the designers for Harvey. If course what JCP did with designs in the past was kind of a punishment of a different kind.

Then project runway will go back to Bravo, but without Tim and Heidi. 😵

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, January 09, 2019 - 5:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Sea!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, January 16, 2019 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q: It has occurred to me that I don't really know how / what to consider when buying bacon, LOL.

I like crispy bacon, so should I buy center cut, thin or thick, what?

I would really like some guidance in this area as it seems like my bacon never turns out right. I do bake it (20 minutes at 400), so I thought maybe I am buying the right kind.

Thanks!

Mack

07-22-2002

Thursday, January 17, 2019 - 7:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
We like crisp bacon and buy the thicker cuts. The brand we like is Kiolbassa but that is a local brand and probably not widely available outside of San Antonio and Texas. We do microwave our bacon and have for 25+ years. Works for us. I think my wife’s hardest adjustment was getting over not having bacon fat for other things like frying eggs but she’s gotten used to that and it’s much healthier.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, January 17, 2019 - 8:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I buy thin cut and do the baking thing at 400 for 20 minutes and most times it comes out perfectly crisp. I do the whole package at one time and then wrap up the leftovers (if there are any) in a paper tower and put it in the refrigerator for sandwiches or salads. It keeps it crispy for a couple of days.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, January 17, 2019 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Don't care if my bacon is thick or thin but it has to be practically burnt and snap like a cookie. Nothing worse than rubbery bacon. I'm notorious in restaurants for warning the waiters that there's a good chance I'll be sending it back to the kitchen to be nuked some more unless it's super-well-done the first time. I won't cook it at home because of the permeating smell while it's frying. So it's a treat when we go out.

Mack

07-22-2002

Thursday, January 17, 2019 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
That’s what is nice about using the microwave. You still get some of that cooked bacon smell but it’s not overwhelming and it doesn’t linger as long as the old pan frying method. Can’t say I remember ever baking it in the oven.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, January 17, 2019 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
My daughter tells the waitresses when she orders bacon that she wants it burned...LOL!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 17, 2019 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
What is your technique for microwaving bacon?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 17, 2019 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks... I will keep trying, LOL.

Mack

07-22-2002

Thursday, January 17, 2019 - 5:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Jimmer - We have a 1,000 watt microwave. Mrs Mack cook six slices for 9 minutes on high as we like very crisp bacon. We have a bacon tray made for microwaving and she covers the bacon with a couple of layers of paper towels.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 17, 2019 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks Mack. That sounds great (and easy). Does it make much of a mess?