TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 10, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The Entertainment Place: Hollywood gossip, news & milestones: Archives: Archive through August 10, 2018 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, August 01, 2018 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I liked Charles Emerson Winchester III (David Ogden Stiers died fairly recently and they ran a bunch of his best episodes) better than weasel Frank Burns. I missed Radar but liked Col Potter better than Henry Blake, though I liked Henry.

An amazing number of actors had one time parts, or two.. If you scroll through you see how many.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068098/fullcredits

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 5:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
A real tear-jerker was when Hawkeye had to tell Patrick Swayze that he had leukemia.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Here's a true MASH story for ya... As much as I loved the show, I always avoided the episodes featuring Frank Burns cuz that character annoyed me THAT much. Years later I interviewed the actor Larry Linville by phone before he arrived in Toronto to perform in a play at the now defunct Stagewest Dinner Theatre. And I was invited to meet Larry at the VIP Media Meet and Greet on opening night. Well as you can guess, both on the phone and in person he turned out to be one of my fave Celebs of all time. So sweet, genuine, and absolutely hilarious. Somewhere I have a photo with him and my date from that evening. I never told him that I'd despised his character and avoided his episodes... but since then I rather quite enjoy them. Grin. And it just goes to show what a terrific thespian he was. Sad he passed away in 2000. :-(

FWIW, I've met several other MASH cast members, including Larry Burghoff, (Radar) Jamie Farr, (Klinger) and was at a press conference for Alan Alda when he was in Toronto promoting a film. I'm sorry to hear of his debilitating diagnosis. :-(

On the other hand, I've had the displeasure of meeting 'Stars' I've adored & revered who turned out to be tremendous disappointments... (Case in point: 'inspirational' exercise guru Richard Simmons was unpleasant and incredibly rude.)

Expectations vs Reality can sometimes be quite an eye-opening surprise: Odd how life works that way. LOL.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Mame, I always love your stories. :-)

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Great stroy MB. I really enjoyed reading it

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Thanks Ladies. I aim to please. 🤸‍♀️

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It is the mark of a good actor to be so convincing..And nice to be able to experience them as real, hopefully nice people.

I liked Father Mulcahey probably the most

Some actors choose so many cruel roles that I might avoid meeting them.

Donald Sutherland is one and James van der Beek who went from nice Dawson to hateful characters.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Jamie Farr and me.

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
So cool!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 4:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
great story Mame!!

Color, what a treasure!!! love that pic!

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 4:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Love your life Mame!!

Great pic, Color!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 8:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Great stories and great pic. I may be in the minority but I enjoyed the earlier seasons of M*A*S*H the best.

Lancecrossfire
Animoderator

07-13-2000

Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lancecrossfire a private message Print Post    
I'm with you Jimmer

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, August 02, 2018 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
We had loved the movie so much and seen it over and over in the theater, so at first we rejected the tv show. But I know most of the episodes, if not 100% now.

The ratings for the finale were record setting.

Some that make me cry.. I always cry when Radar walks into the OR and announced that at ... time Lt Col Henry Blake's plane was shot down over the sea of Japan. It spiralled in. There were no survivors.

I always cry when they all sing Dona Nobis Pacem for Rather Mulcahey .

That is just two..

And this article I just read the other day is of interest for any fans.

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/culture-desk/what-mash-taught-us

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, August 03, 2018 - 5:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Sea. I have never seen the movie and don't care to.

I just can't bring myself to watch the death of Blake anymore. It tears me up too badly.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, August 03, 2018 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Color, that's a wonderful photo! :-)

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, August 07, 2018 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well Lance Bass thought he had a winning bid on the Brady bunch house, but at the last minute out bid by ...........HGTV! are they going to remodel it?
HGTV is the winning bidder on 'The Brady Bunch' house

"One example of our new project for HGTV will speak to those 'Brady Bunch' fans on the call. ... You may have heard that the house from the iconic series was recently on the market in California," Zaslav said. "I'm excited to share that HGTV is the winning bidder and we'll restore the home to its 1970s glory as only HGTV can. More detail to come over the next few months, but we'll bring all the resources to bear to tell safe, fun stories with this beloved piece of American TV history."

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, August 07, 2018 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I was the right age for it, but I didn't watch the Brady Bunch. One of my favorite family shows came a little later -- Eight Is Enough.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, August 07, 2018 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I heard that Lance Bass, the anonymous bidder (now we know it is HGTV) and one of the Property Brothers were all in the final bidding. Too bad the inside doesn't match the Brady Bunch set! I wonder if that will be the feature of the show.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I'm sure HGTV will make a show of it. I feel kind of bad for Lance Bass -- seems he really wanted that house.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
What I heard in Kidd Kraddick in the Morning was that he kind of jumped the gun and bragged about winning it before he signed the papers...and when others heard they hadn't made the winning bid they jumped back in and trumped his bid.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
HGTV does want to make a show about restoring it to a classic 70's house with a modern twist... or something like that.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I lived through the 70s. Honestly I do not want to revisit that decade of home design...all I can think of is paneling on the walls and shag carpet. Oh, and plaid sofas. Now images of That 70s Show come to mind...

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, August 08, 2018 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
My first apartment in '73 had orange shag carpet. First sofa I bought -- bright colors plaid. Ugh!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, August 10, 2018 - 11:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ugh.. Orange and brown..