TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 07, 2019

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): ARCHIVES: Archive through January 07, 2019 users admin

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, November 26, 2018 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Roxip

I am not really jogging. The bra purse sounds good except I need a pocket for the dog poop bag when I walk the dog. I don't want to reach in when I am outside. lol

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, November 26, 2018 - 7:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Scrubbing eyes from thinking about dog poop pouch in bra purse.

Aaaaiiiiieeeeeeeeee!!!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 5:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Lol Juju Empty bags only in the bra.

I tried the 'Kleenex in the bra' this morning while using the Elliptical.

I dropped the Kleenex on the floor before I could use it!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Yep, the dog poop bag definitely negates the bra purse...LOL!

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, December 11, 2018 - 1:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I am on the hunt for new appliances. Washer/dryer and refrigerator. I have no choice on the dryer, mine is pretty much done for at this point and the washer is not much further behind.

I do have wiggle room with the fridge. I know I will need a new one, but can probably hold out a year or two. Since we're moving to a new house with a bigger kitchen, we've decided we want to upgrade to a slightly bigger fridge and use the one we currently have in the garage for more room.

Point being, while I have to buy the washer/dryer now, I can hold off on the fridge for now. When we were out tonight checking prices, we got to talking and wondering if there is a particular time of year that is better for sales on refrigerators. Any idea the best time of year to shop for one and get a good price? If it's in the next few months, I can wait. If it's not, or sales are hit and miss, we'll probably go ahead and buy one in the next few weeks.

And have you guys seen some of the fridges that are out there? We saw one tonight where you knock on the door and it clears up to show you whats inside without opening the door. And smart refrigerators. I was cracking up seeing some of the features since we'd been debating rather or not a built in ice maker was a necessity, lol.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, December 11, 2018 - 4:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I just went through a refrigerator horror story. And now I've found out that magnets don't stick to the stainless steel ones. So, that's something to consider if you like to stick things on the fridge.

I have the freezer on the bottom now. I had a side by side before. I miss that. I like having the frozen stuff on shelves so I can see what I have. Luckily, I have a stand up freezer in the back porch which is a fabulous thing to have if you have the space. I got mine at a yard sale for $75 about 5 years ago and I love, love, love it! I will cry if it ever dies on me. Especially since the bottom freezer on the fridge doesn't hold much.

And, I'd consider taking an empty quart sized milk container with you when you shop so you can get an idea of how things will fit in the fridge and how much actual space there is. Especially in the doors. Looks can be deceiving.

I'd also go to the library and check out Consumer Reports, if they have it, and see if they have any articles and ratings on the items you want to buy. Especially to see the repair ratings. Nobody wants a lemon of a refrigerator. I had a friend that happened to. She was always calling up to see if she could bring her frozen food over til the repairman came over. And even though it was new and the company would send a repairman every time, they refused to replace it.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, December 11, 2018 - 5:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I have a french door fridge with two freezer drawers on the bottom. Love it!!! Since both doors swing open you have lots of room in the fridge. And tons of freezer space but not so deep that you have to dig around like if there was just one drawer.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, December 11, 2018 - 7:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
If we were to change our refrigerator we’d look hard at a French door model like Texannie’s. We have a side by side right now and it’s working fine but we don’t like that the freezer portion is so narrow. Luckily we have a full size freezer in our laundry room but there are times we could use the extra freezer space for larger items. We have friends with a French door model with the freezer on the bottom and with the bins and shelving it seems to work well at least for them. The downside with their model, and we haven’t really shopped fridges so there may be other options, is that their ice maker requires you open the freezer portion and scoop out the ice. Ice making and easy dispensing is a big plus for us here in sunny and hot San Antonio summers so the door dispenser is a big plus for us.

As for washers and dryers we have a matched set of front load Samsung’s that we like. Had them for a number of years now and after getting used to low water washing we’ve been quite pleased with them. Granted it is just the two of us and it’s not like we have a family of kids with a lot of dirty clothes. The big issue for us when we bought was water use and cash/discount incentives from the local water utility to conserve water. I know, thanks to the consumption display on our water softner, we cut our monthly water use by almost 20% when we switched from an old style top load to front load washer.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, December 11, 2018 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I have always heard that January is a good time to buy appliances...they want to get them out the door before inventory and people tend to be broke after Christmas so not buying big ticket items.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 11, 2018 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wargod, this is what Google had to say, I seem to remember getting a really good deal at Home Depot on my fridge in the spring but I also had time to wait.

And the best time to buy home appliances is when stores need you more than you need a new home appliance. ... September, October, and January when manufacturers roll out new home appliance models, and retailers are eager to move last year's inventory. (Refrigerators are the exception. New models come out in the spring.)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, December 11, 2018 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OH and if you get the french door/lower freezer, consider the cost of the "door ajar" feature. Sometimes the right door doesn't quite close, I will come into the kitchen and the one side will be slightly ajar (which annoys me, LOL), so I have to always recheck to make sure it is closed.

Clearly I didn't get the door ajar system, I didn't know about it and later when I checked into it, it was sort of expensive to add.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, December 11, 2018 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I have a freezer drawer on the bottom. I love it! Previous fridge had the usual freezer with door on the top. I remember opening it once -- Fibber McGee's freezer. Stuff came tumbling out. I keep things neatly arrange in the freezer drawer. Obviously things are not going to come flying out at me from there.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, December 11, 2018 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Ok, I can wait on the fridge til January. Moms already moved into the new house, but we aren't technically moving in (we're moving stuff here and there) til after Christmas.

California City, I think, would be described as one of those places that's a food desert. Nearest grocery store is in Mojave (they have one) and Rosamond (there's a couple there.) Costco and Walmart are in Lancaster. So we'll be making a couple trips into Lancaster a month to shop and stock up. I think having a bigger fridge, plus the older one, will come in handy. I have a deep freezer (I love it) so that helps.

Magnets don't stick to stainless steel? I didn't know that! LOL, I do hang up my younger nieces and nephews art work on the fridge, along with pictures and Michaels coupons so that's a consideration for me. I will also have to consider the more narrow freezer on the side by side since I'm looking for more space, not less. Dipo, my mom is already terrible about leaving the freezer door ajar! Everytime I see her heading for it, I'm right behind her to make sure it's closed.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, December 12, 2018 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I was looking at fridges online (after this discussion) and saw one with an automatic closing door. Might be a consideration!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, December 22, 2018 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q: Ok, a friend of mine says she is putting out a tray of cold cuts for Christmas Day, what does that mean? is it meats, or other stuff? I am curious what that means to people. TIA.

I want to know what I should get for my friends.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Saturday, December 22, 2018 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
I think it usually means sandwich meats like turkey, ham, chicken and roast beef. There are usually various cheeses and breads too. With condiments, pickles, tomatoes and lettuce

So that every one can construct their own usually smaller sandwiches.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, December 22, 2018 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
agree.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, December 22, 2018 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes deli meats , cheeses, etc. And the condiments and other sandwich components.

Lots of sodium...

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ditto. You get this stuff in the DELI dept of your local grocery store. You can choose prepackaged or get them to slice it for you at the counter. Bologna is the most typical of cheap cold cuts. If you want to be fancier there's smoked meat, roast beef, or my fave corned beef. Sandwiches are generally made with mustard, honey mustard, or mayo. Usually pickles or olives are nice to have as a side dish.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
That makes sense, I figured the meats but didn't think about all the other stuff.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 8:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Cold cuts - sandwich meats, cheeses, and breads for making one's onw sandwiches. The breakfast buffet on cruise lines and in international hotels often includes cold cuts, as apparently people in other countries frequently eat sandwiches for breakfast.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
NEW Q: Ok, I just need your ideas... I write myself notes on my daily calendar, in advance, like I wrote myself a note to check on my banking stuff today, but I wrote it last week so I wouldn't forget.

Now for the question.... I seem to have written myself a note, but I can't figure it out, any ideas....

16/74 (thursday)

What could this mean, hahahahahaha! The is the second time I have confused my own self.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 1:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, I got no idea.

I will say at least you can read your notes. I look at mine and think "what ever does that say??" LOL

Wargod

07-16-2001

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I have no idea, but that's pretty funny, Dipo.

Unless it's some kind of challenge you were planning to do? One of the people I follow on youtube for painting does a 30 day art challenge and you'll see post on facebook that says something like, 1/30 do this or that.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, January 07, 2019 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Your niece and your aunt have their 16th and 74th birthday on Thursday?

You have to visit your friend at number 16 74th Avenue on Thursday?

:-)