TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 29, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Daily Poll: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 29, 2018 users admin

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, December 11, 2018 - 6:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
B

Jeep

10-17-2001

Tuesday, December 11, 2018 - 7:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jeep a private message Print Post    
D) For tubes like toothpaste, I lay it flat on the counter and take the flat side of a comb and push the contents to the end of the tube. Actually do this several times during it's life to keep the stuff near the opening.

For bottles, I turn them upside down and sometimes coax the thick stuff out with a Q-tip or toothpick.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Tuesday, December 11, 2018 - 9:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
B/D depending on what it is. For toothpaste, I do what same as Jeep. For hand lotion, it's B.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, December 11, 2018 - 9:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Usually B. If it is something water soluble like shampoo, I just use it down to where no more will come out and then put water in the bottle, shake, and eke out the very last bit that way.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Tuesday, December 11, 2018 - 9:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
B - usually only need it with lotion. Shampoo and conditioner or face wash just gets dumped into the new bottle when it gets low.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, December 11, 2018 - 10:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
DH does B. But I'm impatient so I knock it gently against the sink. If it doesn't budge, I toss it in the trash, since it's at the end anyways. But with tubes of toothpaste, once I can't roll it up any more, it also gets tossed.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Wednesday, December 12, 2018 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
usually B. I have done C with lotion.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 17, 2018 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Another question...

I was reading something on inner voices, with a lot of people claiming they have many trains of thought running in their head at the same time. So my question is:

Typically, how many trains of thought do you have running through your head at any one time?"

Some examples:

You might just have one train of thought, where you concentrate on something and think only about that.

You might typically have two trains of thought where you are half concentrating on what you're doing (e.g. responding to this), and half on something else that is going on (e.g. listening to the tv, making a shopping list, planning dinner etc.).

You might typically have four trains of thought where you're doing all the above at the same time.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Monday, December 17, 2018 - 12:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
If I'm really concentrating on something I have just the one train of thought, but mostly I have two, the thing I'm trying to concentrate on and something in the background, like what's on tv, or something I have to do later.

Only if I'm really stressed would I have more than that.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, December 17, 2018 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I think I have 3:

1. looking at something 2. while listening (tv) 3 and thinking about something else.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 6:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
3, about like Dogdoc

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
About 3 for me us right. Really bugs me when two or three start arguing with one another. 🤪

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I often have the tv on, with a hand on the remote to ff, Amazon tablet on tvch or email or a jigsaw puzzle of YouTube or a book, right hand playing Yahtzee on the Samsung tablet, and sometimes eating and or have the car on my lap.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Monday, December 24, 2018 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Two to three....unless it's finals week and musical rehearsal week and get the syllabus for next semester week and get Christmas stuff ready week and ...

Then it's like a zillion tabs open all at once and not a damn thing getting done!

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, December 24, 2018 - 12:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
oooops, wrong thread

Grooch

06-16-2006

Thursday, December 27, 2018 - 10:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
NEW QUESTION:

Did you get what you wanted for Christmas?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, December 27, 2018 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Yes. I didn't want anything but I got some nice presents anyhow.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, December 27, 2018 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, did I. I was so surprised! I asked for a cross-body handbag and some new saucepans.

I ended up with an amazing Dooney & Bourke handbag, it is fabulous... I was thinking jut a small bag from Target or Kohls, LOL.

And my new saucepans are a beautiful shiny red!

I got some other things but these were my fav's , I love them.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, December 27, 2018 - 7:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Bigdog and I don't usually exchange gifts on any occasion. We just consider whatever wonderful things we get to do together, like world travel, as gifts enough. I give gifts to charities on both of our behalfs at Christmas and as needed at other times of the year. I got remiss this year, thus enabling me to send a good sum to the refugees being released by ICE onto the streets of El Paso with nothing on Christmas Eve.

And then Christmas morning, I had a gift after all. It was a laminated folding reference card to all of the shells of South Texas. Good job, Bigdog!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 27, 2018 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
That is a sweet and thoughtful gift.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, December 27, 2018 - 10:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I didn't want anything. I got chocolate. Seems like a win to me.

Teachmichigan

07-22-2001

Friday, December 28, 2018 - 6:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Teachmichigan a private message Print Post    
Yup - asked for a new bag to replace one whose buckle had broken, and I received it. Even better...the DH got me an Amazon Fire Stick, my folks got me a bottle of my favorite whisky, and my SIL's "doggies" got me my favorite wine (I'm their sitter whenever they go out of town).

THE BEST .... got to spend an entire day with my entire family, playing games, laughing, and thoroughly enjoying their company. I lucked out in the family department and am so thankful I did!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, December 28, 2018 - 7:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Didn't have a wishlist, but I'm thrilled with my Betty Boop clock and my Betty Boop bone china tea cups from DH.
Along the lines of most thoughtful and appreciated gift ever, (a dear friend who used to own a restaurant) prepared and sent over a HUGE Christmas dinner, as DH is at home recovering from major surgery.

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Friday, December 28, 2018 - 11:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
Yay for prepared Xmas dinner Mame.
First time I have not cooked Xmas dinner in over 25 years. I cooked nothing, just enjoyed.

Best gift has no price and you could not buy it, my amazing son-in-law made a portfolio of pictures for me.
Titled the best photos of Max 2018.

For those who don’t alread know. Max is my grandson and the most adorable child on earth. 😁
as no other grandma as said before 🤗}

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Saturday, December 29, 2018 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Awww Birdie, that IS a special treasure.