TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through December 23, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through December 23, 2018 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, December 07, 2018 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yeah, Grooch, I carry my cell phone in my pocket at home just in case I was to fall or something (that hasn't been a problem). I call it my poor man's life alert.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, December 07, 2018 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
My dad was living alone and one morning his back seized up and he couldn't get back up (he thought it was his back but it was really diverticulitis but that's another story) and luckily he carried his cellphone and was able to call a neighbor who came and checked on him and called an ambulance. Funny thing was I was on my way to pack him up and move him to an assisted living the next day. Needless to say that turned out to be the best plan for him, although he recently fell at the assisted living and was not checked on until the next morning (something that has now been addressed) and was either disoriented and couldn't get to the emergency buttons that are in every room or else they were hanging too high up for him to access (and yes, we've changed that now also)...but at least there when he didn't show up for breakfast they came and checked on him. Parenting your parent isn't for the weak at heart!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, December 07, 2018 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
whoa. I have a phone on every floor and take my cell when I go outside, I used to have neighbors that would lookout for me, no more.

ok may have the flu, it is below freezing here, I spent 150 for broadway tickets tonight. should I go or not. I have been sick for a week, getting better, not coughing out loud, not sneezing no liquid coming from my eyes. Stomach is off. maybe I can get something to mask even the occasional hurumph. I am not meeting anyone for dinner like originally planned.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, December 07, 2018 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
A year ago almost to the day, December 19, I fell and broke my hip (neck of femur bone). Found I was stuck where I was -- could not get up. What if that had happened in my unit? I was just outside the backdoor of the condo building. When I realized I couldn't get up . . . HELP HELP. Someone came out on their 4th floor balcony. Soon police, ambulance, emergency, hospital. So yes, it can happen. But maybe oddly, doesn't have me too worried as yet.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 07, 2018 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I think the management may have new plans at that complex. It is a very nice one with lots of activities. Their former activity director knew everyone, but he suddenly died. The new one, hard to say.

Ada stopped going to Curves after ours closed. We were all concerned about Cheddar, but apparently he was going enough to go to a new person.

Text or email is good, but the addition of one button might work better in case of a stroke or heart attack and if a device is on your wrist or around your neck less likely to fall off.

But I don't tend to carry my cell on a walk.. So I cannot talk.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, December 13, 2018 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
My friend said that her son, 23 and just being graduated from college, plans to get botox in his underarms.

He said that will keep him from sweating.

I think that is stupid. We are supposed to sweat. Why mess around with your body that way.

Has anybody else heard of that?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 13, 2018 - 1:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I have heard of it. Maybe he has really excessive sweat that ruins clothing?

Not something I would do.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 13, 2018 - 2:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Some people, like my DS, have a malady called hyperhidrosis.

This is not normal sweating. At normal room temperature, he is drenched under his arms, on his palms, on his feet, with sweat.

He's tried clinical strength antiperspirants, natural remedies, stuff you wipe on your hands and under your arms, none of it works.

Unless you have seen someone with this issue, and realize how badly it can affect their life, it's hard to imagine how awful it can be.

Botox is much better than surgical removal of the sweat glands, IMO.

My DS hasn't done anything about it yet, but he may now that he has better health insurance.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, December 13, 2018 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Thank you Karuuna.

I will have to ask my friend if he has hyperhidrosis.

Don't they have underarm pads for men like women used to have to protect their dresses.

I guess if insurance will cover it, it must be clinical problem.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 13, 2018 - 2:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I haven't heard of anyone doing it just for cosmetic reasons, but of course it's possible.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, December 13, 2018 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I've heard the same thing for people who excessively perspire.

Underarm pads wouldn't be a great solution, especially for people who wear t-shirts as wouldn't they be visible?

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, December 13, 2018 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
yeah, I've heard of some who cut pantiliners in half and use this. Not the most elegant solution.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 13, 2018 - 4:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
https://www.mayoclinic.org/symptoms/excessive-sweating/basics/definition/sym-20050780

It is best to thoroughly check for reasons, but good can be helpful in some cases.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, December 13, 2018 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    

quote:

but good can be helpful in some cases.

what word did you intend to type instead of good?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, December 14, 2018 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I think it was botox. A little good never hurts, but may not help for sweating.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, December 14, 2018 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Or lines or wrinkles.

Bob2112

06-12-2002

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 5:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bob2112 a private message Print Post    
Yo! Where my math nerds at?

Calculus Rhapsody

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
That was cute. I didn't understand any of it, but it made me smile.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, December 18, 2018 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
LOL and OMG. I have not had to worry about an asymptote in about 50 years.

BS in Mathematics from U of Ill. here.

SpongeJuju

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, December 19, 2018 - 8:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Ditto Grooch!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, December 20, 2018 - 12:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I recognized enough to know what I have forgotten.

Kind of sad, my first thought was to send it to my friend Lee, who was a patient I drove a lot for over 5 years.. But he is no longer with us. Bummer.

Cute video.

Mack

07-22-2002

Friday, December 21, 2018 - 10:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Mrs Mack and I got a gift box delivered today and that caused us to talk about deliveries in general and any outstanding shipments. Without divulging what they were we both confirmed everything we’d ordered for Christmas had been delivered so nothing more expected. Turns out every gift was ordered over the Internet and neither of us shopped locally. Amazing.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, December 21, 2018 - 10:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That's a lot of online shopping!

Loved the Calculus Rhapsody. LOL brilliant!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, December 21, 2018 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I do most of my shopping online. Beats fighting the crowds at the mall!

Funny thing about the Calculus Rhapsody...last night my friend (who is a math teacher) said she had played it for her students at the beginning of the semester and one of her students (who is one of my favorite kids from church) brought it up yesterday in class...and remembered small parts of it that helped him solve a problem over the part of calculus that they haven't even started studying yet! (Something about a small "c"). He apparently has a gift for remembering lyrics (which explains why he is such a gifted actor) and just spewed out the entire song after having heard it only once.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, December 23, 2018 - 6:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I was walking in my back door and noticed the door bell.

My house was built in 1927. I guess they had back door bells then.

It is unusable. It was the kind where you depress a button. Nothing moves now.

Do they still put in back door bells? Would anybody even want somebody coming to the back door?

Was there a time when they stopped doing that?