TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 17, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 17, 2018 users admin

Christy358

07-10-2007

Sunday, October 28, 2018 - 12:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Juju, I would go in on a politician......

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Sunday, October 28, 2018 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
feel the higher power really means for said religious leader to live very well, drive expensive vehicles, etc.

Reminds me of a poster (forgot the blog site) where she & spouse could NOT convince an elderly Aunt to STOP donating her meager funds to some religious figures. They finally had to load up Auntie in the car and take her on a tour of all the air conditioned DOGHOUSES!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 28, 2018 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
LOL!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, October 29, 2018 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I would probably give a lot of money to Heifer International. This organization gives empowerment to women and children - they give them a goat, or a cow, or a flock of chickens - something they can actually use to better their lives.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Monday, October 29, 2018 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
I have an aunt who is in her late 70's and is semi-active on Facebook. First of all she tends to go to one of our Facebooks and will go back months or even a year or two and comment on something that was posted. The very best is that she thinks every meme that is posted is what that person is saying (she doesn't get the concept of memes). LOL

Her 70 year old sister just posted a funny meme about "I was smoking a joint and my neighbor called the cops . . . I told the cops I got it from my neighbor, now they're talking to him". You've all seen something like it - just a funny meme. Aunt Linda's response, " Very smart of you. I really like this one." LOL Gotta' love her.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, October 29, 2018 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Lol

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, October 29, 2018 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Okay, so Friday I got the 'regular' flu shot. Today DH got what I teasingly call the 'old farts' flu shot. On top of that he also got the 1st Shingrix shot, and the Prevnar shot. And I also got my 1st Shingrix shot. We both feel like human pin-cushions. Lol

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 29, 2018 - 2:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yikes! That is a lot at once! But all good to have.

Ahem! They call it the Adult flushot! 😆

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, October 29, 2018 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Well it made my GP laff, so it was worth it. ;)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 30, 2018 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Good grief, just saw on the "news pop" they are talking about changing the date for Halloween because it is hard to do it during the week!

You have got to be kidding me, LMAO, little kids only go out for about an hour and are back home by 6pm, LOL, I think they can manage it. Plus I know a bunch did parties on the weekend.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, October 30, 2018 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I just saw the same! How ridiculous. Let's change Christmas to a Saturday too!

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 30, 2018 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
LOL life is getting stranger and stranger. Are you sure it’s not a joke?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, October 30, 2018 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
No, it's real https://www.cbsnews.com/news/halloween-thousands-sign-petition-to-move-holiday-to-a-saturday/

It's just a petition though, not a proposition or anything.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, October 30, 2018 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I was just around a relative who has one child, a three year old, on October 29. They had been doing Halloween events for DAYS. With two days to go until actual Halloween. It was ridiculous.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 12:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
In this area, people decorate like crazy for weeks.

All we did was carve pumpkins into Jack o lanterns , we went door to door for candy in costumes and people handed out candy. Some kids solicited for UNICEF. We didn't Say Trick or Treat , but said "Help the Poor!"

The night before was Devil's
Night or Doorbell night.. Mostly we just can't doorbell and ran. Some enterprising kids across the street used thin fishing line and tied it to our heavy metal mail chute door and from their side should make the door clank, but no one was there. My dad thought it was very clever.

This was Detroit in the 50s. After we left things got more dangerous on Devil's night as in fires being set.

Seems to have been a fairly local thing.

https://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthread.php?7589-quot-Help-the-poor-quot-or-quot-Trick-or-Treat-quot

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
don't get Halloween candy too early and don't get stuff you like, off to the store to buy new candy.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 6:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
True dat, Sadiesmom. I don't eat candy, but in the early days of our marriage, I would get the candy early, and there would be NONE left by Halloween, even if it was only a few days away. Who does that? Apparently everybody but me. Bigdog got cured of that when we moved to Houston and lived in an upper middle class neighborhood surrounded by less well-off neighborhoods. We sometimes got 600 trick-or-treaters. So I would buy as much candy as we could afford, and when it ran out, we turned the porch light out. It was wild. Oddly enough, our cats LOVED Halloween, and would race to the door every time the doorbell rang. Then the kids would ooh and aah about the cats. I should have made the cats wear costumes.

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 7:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Well it’s over here in San Antonio. Only had 33 kids but despite the thunder, lightning, and rain we had more than last year. This community has aged though because 15 years ago we had somewhere between 150 and 200 kids. Those 4 and 5 year olds are in their late teens in early twenties so the kiddie population has dropped off dramatically. Probably the only reason we had 30+ this year was because neighbors had a sub teen party. Last year with good weather was like 16.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 9:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I haven't heard much going on here. I have my light off (all I could offer would be a few grapes and grape tomatoes anyway) and only one doorbell ring.

I know there are a good number of small kids around here but I wonder if they had a gathering.

The weather is fine.

We sang at Newport Memory Care today so we all had some sort of hat or headband. I had cool bats floating over my head.

The fun thing, which wasn't about Halloween.. the memory care place has a small flock of finches. One yellow one is an especially enthusiastic singer and he was singing his heart out when we got there. Their aviary was in back of us.

So he did sing a lot but he same SUPER loud for two songs..

Fly Me to the Moon and I'll Fly Away!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 9:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Aww sweet! Also wish we had a pic of you with you 'batty' headdress, Sea. ;) Bet you rocked it!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I rarely gt any trick and treaters any more, so I just gave out small bags of potato chips. got only 10 maybe all at once. I turn the lights out when it gets dark because I started to get huge guys trick or treating, and without a dog at home, I am a chicken. People in my town go to the town events, so we get kids driven in from other neighborhoods and out of town. the halloween party with music and food and goodies was last week and tonight was the trunk or treat at the police department.

my last dog was hyper , so I did not dress her up in more than a clown collar. But Sadie, the border collie lab, with the white fur face was always dressed up. there was a girl in a wheel chair, her mother always brought her over to my house so she could see how the dog was dressed up, we would go down the front stairs and Sadie would lay her head in the girls lap and the girl would smile. Sadie was a very laid back dog. the family stopped coming after Sadie died. that was before the town started having events and parents became afraid to let their kids out.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Thursday, November 01, 2018 - 7:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I had about 20 Trick or Treaters.

I gave out small bags of a variety of chips.

Only two kids wanted to pick their own chip flavor.

I threw a bag into one little girls pumpkin. She immediately pulled it out, and replaced it in a different spot in the pumpkin. Lol, she had to have it placed just right.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, November 17, 2018 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
boy is this ever I don't know where to put this thread
remember the people who were supposed to be helping a homeless guy who loaned them his last money for gas?
well, they were arrested for scamming through a gofundme. and their test messages prove it.
so besides no honor among thieves there is frequently no brains as well.

Read The Unbelievable Text Messages Behind $400K GoFundMe Scam

my favorite test is you don't go to jail for lying on TV - no, but you do go to jail for scamming people of money under false pretenses. duh.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, November 17, 2018 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It is fraud, so they should be prosecuted for that, do some jail time, community service and provide restitution to everyone who donated.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Saturday, November 17, 2018 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Well Sadie' that is truly sad...
So, I will put something good in this thread' just because sometimes there are some good things too.

Here in my seriously depressed town, all most all the restaurants are giving away free meals...and all the 'Heating and air' places are giving away free air filters' as many as you need' per house. No questions asked.