TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 28, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Fire / Disaster Relief: Archive through November 28, 2018 users admin

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, November 17, 2018 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
(((Chewy))) prayers for you and your family. Praying for your whole town

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Saturday, November 17, 2018 - 9:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
Also, Many of my friends are 'Firefighters' and they are not complaining. They 'to' have lost everything but they are not complaining. They work for us' they fight tirelessly... They dont complain.
They are heroes, but they dont work miracles. They do the best they can. I am so thankful for their unrelenting and tireless work. Fire is fierce...They walk into it.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, November 17, 2018 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
(((Chewpito))) I know there is nothing that can make this better. Just know that so many of us care.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, November 17, 2018 - 9:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Such sadness and stress.. And really, how could you not be feeling it?

A friend here said a couple who used to go to her church have returned to Fountain Valley, where I live. They have a condo here but have been in Paradise for years and loved it.

Their first knowledge of the fire was seeing a walk of fire. They made it out, but a neighbor told them their home is gone. She wants to rebuild. He does not.

At least they have a place here, and their church family.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Sunday, November 18, 2018 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
My heart just hurts for all of you.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, November 18, 2018 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
It's just so horrific. ((((((((((CHEWI)))))))))) I am so sorry for all the tragic losses and injuries, etc. And yes, firefighters are the bravest heroes in the world!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, November 18, 2018 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Continued prayers for the firefighters and those affected by the fires.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, November 18, 2018 - 12:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
and now the flooding to come, the misery never ends.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Sunday, November 18, 2018 - 3:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Here is a story from the LA Times about the fire starting and how it spread, and stories of people escaping and what they went through.

Warning, when it gets to the escape stories, some of it is harrowing and upsetting. I don't know how so many were able to escape.

California fire: What started as a tiny brush fire became the stateโ€™s deadliest wildfire. Hereโ€™s how

quote:

Before there was a spark, there was the wind.

On the morning of Nov. 8, as the sun rose over the isolated mountains in the Sierra Nevada, gale-force winds tore through the canyon. A fire outpost on the Feather River recorded blasts of 52 mph โ€” a bad omen in a national forest that hadnโ€™t had a satisfying rain since May.

From his station bunk at the head of Jarbo Gap, Capt. Matt McKenzie of the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection woke to the sound of pine needles pelting the roof.

At 6:15 a.m., a Pacific Gas & Electric Co. high-voltage line near the Poe Dam generating station six miles away malfunctioned. A report of fire came at 6:29.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, November 18, 2018 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
((((Chewpito))))

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, November 18, 2018 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
SF State Verified account @SFSU
2h2 hours ago
More
LATEST UPDATE: #SFSU campus will remain CLOSED Monday, Nov. 19, due to unhealthy air quality caused by smoke from the #CampFire. For more info https://bit.ly/2B5NnNP

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Sunday, November 18, 2018 - 8:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    
I am trying to not write to much because Its all so depressing.

I found out a nether one of my Friends 'a teacher' he lost his wife also.

So far, my little daycare kids' who go to just ONE of our schools here in Chico, have lost about half of their staff to the fire.. At this time school is canceled till Dec. 3.

Its going to be very hard 'once' these little kids get a full grasp of this disaster. Right now' they think the Masks are fun and they are wearing them, but they are young. They really dont understand the 'Hugeness' of what happened cause they live in the moment. Kids are so fun that way.

There is nothing normal here.

A couple of my friends made it' but they lost all their pets...This is like a trauma on top of a trauma...

everything is sad around me.

Most of you know how I feel about our 'President', God I hate even saying that. He came here' I will tell you ' At least he did not say anything to Stupid while he was here....But, he was only here for about one hour, maybe a hour and half. He never visited the homeless, He never talked to the victims...SO really he did not see the people that are suffering. I guess its good that he signed his name on a piece of paper to help us with this disaster, but they people here wanted him to come and talk with them, He did not. I cant understand why he would come but not see the people' Well thats on him... disappointed all around.

loosing my little pups (for some people, their baby's) It would be Pain on top of Pain.

so much sorrow.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Monday, November 19, 2018 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Chewpito, thank you for keeping us updated as painful as it is for you and everyone around you.

Often, throughout the day, I think of you, your family, the children, your friends, and all the other people and pets who have suffered. I wish I could do more to help. ๐Ÿ’”

Dovez

08-27-2005

Monday, November 19, 2018 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dovez a private message Print Post    
chewpito... please check your pm's.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, November 19, 2018 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Chewpito, your writing keeps it real for the rest of us! So if it helps you even a little bit, keep it up.

๐Ÿ’Ÿ๐Ÿ’Ÿ๐Ÿ’Ÿ๐Ÿ’Ÿ

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, November 19, 2018 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
What Seamonkey said.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, November 19, 2018 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Chewy, my heart breaks for you and your friends. sending you love and support

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Monday, November 19, 2018 - 9:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
What Pamy said.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Looks like the smoke plume is heading through the middle of Texas.

Mark Tamayo @MarkTamayoKTVU
2h2 hours ago
More Mark Tamayo Retweeted Gary Szatkowski
California smoke drifting across the country.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, November 24, 2018 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Very pleased to see on my news alerts that missing people are down under 500; with no new deaths identified.

The rain has slowed the progress in searching but at least some people have been found since the missing was over 700 last I heard.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, November 25, 2018 - 6:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thank goodness... CAL FIRE Verified account
@CAL_FIRE
10h10 hours ago
More
#CampFire [final] Pulga Road at Camp Creek Road near Jarbo Gap (Butte County) is now 100% contained at 153,336 acres. Unified Command: @CALFIRE_ButteCo, @ButteSheriff, Paradise Police Department, and the USFS.
http://www.fire.ca.gov/current_incidents/incidentdetails/Index/2277 โ€ฆ

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Missing/unaccounted for people has dropped to 158, thank goodness.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Just learned that my cousin and his family are now accounted for! They escaped without injury, but lost everything like so many.

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post    

Chewpito

01-03-2004

Wednesday, November 28, 2018 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Chewpito a private message Print Post