TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 20, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Daily Poll: ARCHIVES: Archive through November 20, 2018 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 10:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
KTVU Verified account @KTVU
5m5 minutes ago
More
WE HAVE A WINNER: Winning Mega Millions ticket sold in South Carolina

Grooch

06-16-2006

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 4:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
I hope it's somebody who was flooded out by Florence and really needs the money. In fact I hope it's a whole group of them.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Me too!

But if it is a group, I hope they have it all in writing to avoid costly lawsuits.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 1:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
How much money would it take to change your life?

Christy358

07-10-2007

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 1:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
I am worried about retirement. Fifty grand would pay off enough of my house that it would be paid for when I hit 65.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 7:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
5 million after taxes. One for me, one to each of my kids and the balance for my grandchildren's education and some for my brother and sister.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I don't particularly want to change my life, I just want enough to keep a similar standard of living.

How much that is, it's so hard to work out that I don't really know.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 10:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I would be happy to win in the 6 figures... 100,000; 300,000; 500,000. I figure that much would give me some fall-back money; I would love to pay off my home but that would require the 3-500 range of additional dollars.

Now I would love to win in the millions so I could do some good charity work.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I am happy with my life.

I have been retired for 4 years.

I worked for 45 years and retired at age 70.

I saved money from each paycheck and did not over -spend.

Unless something bad happens, I don't need any more money than what I have coming in now.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 1:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am ok. I own my condo, but of course taxes, insurance and association dues keep rising, along with gas prices (but my wonderful Prius C gets great gas mileage). Health insurance costs rise with age.

I am not totally prepared to get into the best places should I need memory care (Alzheimer's) or even just need to be in assisted living or a higher level of care. Or I could get cancer again and require uncovered treatment.

I just have me. So I could use more of a cushion.

Without planning details (cart way before any slim chance of getting a horse, aka winnings) I trust myself to hire a good advisor to help with strategies and I trust myself to sock away what I need to the extreme and then I have major issues that could be solved in my condo. I wouldn't be dashing out to buy a mansion or a vacation home.

I have ideas about where money could be used to help others and that would be enjoyable.

I would not be running around announcing the news.

When I watch CA$H CAB I always shake my head when those who win money jump out of the cab waving the cash around.. in NYC! They are being filmed so I trust that there is some protection, but in any city, it is just plain stupid to flash cash.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I forgot, I have nursing home insurance and have prepaid my funeral.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Good job!

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 2:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I like what Sea says about having a cushion.

I don't want or need enough money to change my life. I'd like to have enough to pay off bills (house, car,) put some away for the kids and us for the future and have enough to not worry about something major happening.

Like right now, we have the Kia (2001, I think) that is going through one its phases where something minor is wrong, we fix it, then something else goes wrong. Since it's one of the cars that Darren or Kota use to go to work (60 miles round trip) it's a pain in the butt to have something going wrong on a regular basis and worrying that it'll break down halfway between here and work. Not good for a long distance work car. I don't want another car payment, so we're holding off on buying a new one. It'd be nice to have enough in the bank that we could go buy a new, fuel efficient, modest car with cash and not worry about it.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 10:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
1.5 billion is so much money that I think it could be a challenge and a burden. That is enough to solve problems on a bigger scale than just family. What problem would you try to solve

Christy358

07-10-2007

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
dogdoc, I did not overspend, but wish I had bought a house sooner. I kept thinking I would want to move, to live somewhere else....

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 11:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I had a cushion of sorts but when all the banks were crashing I unfortunately had my 401K at I think Merrill Lynch and lost half of that before I bailed out and then also lost half of my Wamu annuity.

That was pretty devastating and made a big difference. I was grateful that I HAD bought my condo for cash when housing prices hit bottom over 20 years ago. I've been told oh no you could have had the mortgage interest deduction! And earned interest!

I say, and lost half of more money!

I wasn't one of the people in that crash who had a bloated mortgage on some giant house.. I kept my last car for 23 years, almost 24. And the current car.. well if I live 20 more years AND am still driving, it will probably be this car.

Even with a billion dollars I wouldn't need another car.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I have enough and likely will have enough unless somebody actually manages to take away my retirement income.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 - 5:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
NEW QUESTION: I'm watching the news this morning, and the first story is about traveling for Thanksgiving and weather. So, how far do you have to drive for Thanksgiving this year? And for Canadians, how far did you travel for yours?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 - 6:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Zero travel.

I will be curled up at home.

Mack

07-22-2002

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 - 6:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
No travel of any kind this year. Last year we were on a cruise and about to visit Egypt, This year just the two of us at home with no company. We were invited to visit our closest friends who we consider “family” in Georgia but decided to stay home instead.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
About 10 miles. Going to my DD's this year.

Mak1

08-11-2002

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mak1 a private message Print Post    
1 hour to our daughter's house

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I'm travelling from upstairs to downstairs, lol. Sis had a procedure last week and I volunteered to do dinner this year since I'd known she wouldn't be up for it.

Usually Thanksgiving travel is to her house across town, a 10 minute drive. Christmas is even better, we go to bil's uncles house which is about three minutes away.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 - 2:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Less than a mile.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
We have Thanksgiving at our house so we don’t have to drive anywhere. On the other hand, we have to make dinner. :-)