TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 18, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): ARCHIVES: Archive through November 18, 2018 users admin

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
OMG I love Mr Clean Magic Erasers. I ask for them for Christmas, lol.

One of the kids, probably Dakota since she's the more artistic one, colored on the wall when she was little. I found the magic erasers and thought I'd give them a try...couple swipes later, crayon marks were gone super easy. I've been using them ever since.

I use them on pretty much everything and haven't had a problem with them being too abrasive. Seriously, everything. Walls, baseboards, the counter tops, cabinets, stove, fridge, light switch plates, the white parts on sneakers, lol.

If you are worried about them being too abrasive, maybe try a test spot? I can't think of a single thing I've had a problem with while using them though. I usually use one sponge over several rooms (though I draw the line at using one in the bathroom and then another room.)

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I use the bathroom ones and they are amazing! They took off grime that cleanser couldn't even remove. They leave the tub, tile, and fixtures sparkling, so I don't think I've had any problems with them being too abrasive.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Use with water? One time use?

Are you aware you can get generic sponges for mucho less $? Link

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 5:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Yes, use with water. They can be used more than once, I use until they get dirty looking. And yes, you can get generic and they work, though I don't think they are quite as durable (seem to fall apart faster) than the Mr Clean version.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 6:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Thanks.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
You're welcome! My love of magic erasers is ridiculous, lol. In my defense, they've gotten me through my own two kids, 10 nieces and nephews (some of whom are still young enough to be messy,) greasy, grimy fingerprints, disgusting kid messes, creative wall art, and dirty sneakers.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I always keep some on hand, but I never think to use them.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, November 07, 2018 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I used to use them to remove paint, have they gotten less abrasive?
just bought a box of them at Costco I use them to get rid of water stains on shower glass and to remove hard water stains. always thought of them as very abrasive since I removed the navy blue paint off the base boards so I could paint them white.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Wednesday, November 07, 2018 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I leave one in my shower and use it at the end of my shower to ward off mildew(living in Oregon.) I use it until it disappears(nothing to throw away.) I love using them on finger prints all over my walls from the grands and nephew. I don't use it on my stainless steel appliances(I use windex or hot soapy water on my appliances.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, November 07, 2018 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Yeah count me in as a fan.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, November 16, 2018 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Went to my sister's tonight, parked in front of the neighbors house. Coming out, Dakota spotted something in the gutter and checked it out. Was a wallet. Checked to see if it was the neighbors (it wasn't anyone on their street) and to see if there was a phone number, there wasn't. Did have a drivers license.

Brought it home thinking tomorrow I'll throw it in an envelope and mail it to the address on the license. But, I'm wondering, is that the best way to do it? I'm not going to a strangers house (especially since it was already dark by the time we found it.) Or there was a debit card, maybe take it to the bank and see if they'll return it?

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, November 16, 2018 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Mail it to the person or drop it off at the police station. Don't get all involved with it.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, November 16, 2018 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I vote for police station.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 16, 2018 - 10:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Nextdoor.com has a lost and found. I see lots of successful match ups.

Even if you turn something in to the police, you can ask if someone is missing a wallet and then let them know where it is.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, November 16, 2018 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
You could look up a phone number? call? or ask someone you know braver than you to drop it off tomorrow?

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, November 16, 2018 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Hadn't thought about the police station. I'll do that tomorrow. I was going to have to go get an envelope big enough anyways, might as well just go to the police station and drop it off there.

Kota was posting it to one of the community facebook pages when we got home earlier.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, November 16, 2018 - 10:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Oh and let me just add...it's totally Kota luck, lol. Few weeks ago she had gone shopping with one of my nieces and went into a dressing room and found a wallet there. She grabbed it and took it to the nearest store employee and had no sooner turned around than the woman came back looking for her wallet. And then a week or so later we were at the store and she found someones cell phone that she turned in.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, November 16, 2018 - 11:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Someone on Facebook might post it to NextDoor. I see that a lot.

It used to be that you could put a found wallet in a mailbox and they would handle it, but with mail thefts from boxes, that would dangerous now.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Saturday, November 17, 2018 - 12:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
So glad you found it. I have been the lucky one more than once when I left a wallet in a shopping basket, or dropped a card I was carrying.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, November 17, 2018 - 7:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Take it to police.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Saturday, November 17, 2018 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Kota beat me to it. She went out shopping this morning, grabbed an envelope, and then ran it to the nearest mailbox.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, November 18, 2018 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
The post office will also get it to the owner or get it to the police, who will get it to the owner.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Sunday, November 18, 2018 - 7:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I hope so. I know how frantic I get when one of the kids moves my wallet and I can't find it.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, November 18, 2018 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well... it depends on your local post office. There are dishonest and lazy people there too. :-(

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, November 18, 2018 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I would choose the police in my area, but having the owner's info, I would try direct contact.