TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Yard work products

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: tack Buyers Banter: Yard work products users admin

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, November 15, 2018 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I realize 90 % of this is my fault, I tend to let things go and find a work around. I bought a lawn mower last year a Snow Joe electric model.
after I had if for a few weeks the dead man's handle broke. it looked like metal fatigue, it broke near the pivot, so I kept on using it with a strong grip and very carefully balancing it on the edge and thought well I will call and get a replacement part. the lawn mower will not work without this part to keep the switch turned on and engine running. anyway the next time I used it I tripped and fell and tore ligaments in my leg and ended up in crutches for 6 months, did not mow lawn again and did not think about the lawn mower, so now it is over a year and the I keep using it even though it is now causing cramps in my hand, finally remember to call in to the company over 18 months past when I bought it under a 1 year warranty. the women at customer service were falling all over each other trying to help me. no you can't order a replacement part, can we send you a new mower.???? there is nothing wrong with the mower, just send me the part, the part is not available to order, let us send you a new mower. Now I know I could go to a metal shop and have them fabricate me this part, but I am not big on waste and land fills. my recycling is out every week, but my garbage goes out every 2 weeks. so they special ordered the part and if they don't get it in 2 weeks, they will send me a new mower. I put my mower away for the winter. ???

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, November 15, 2018 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sadiesmom, interesting story but I don't get what the question is, or is it just a comment? It does sound to me like you should take the new mower. Then in the spring find a repair shop and ask them if they can repair the broken part and then donate the fixed mower to someone/group that can use it.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, November 15, 2018 - 8:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Sadiesmom, you order the part, AND you take the new mower. In the spring, you offer the mower for sale for the cost of the part and let some young person with some mechanical skills get a good mower they cannot otherwise afford.

Edit: Oopsie, I missed the part about the part cannot be ordered. Well, you can still give it away while explaining how it can be fixed. By somebody else. Not you.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, November 16, 2018 - 1:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
the part was not orderable for me, I called the factory and they put in a special order to make an extra dead man switch, that is what broke.
wasn't a question I thought I could put in a recommendation. I love the mower as well it is half the weight of my old one if the deadman switch worked it would be like walking and it crushes branches pretty easy and does not have to be turned over and the stick removed.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: