TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through November 06, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The only Dumb question is the one not asked (Q&A): ARCHIVES: Archive through November 06, 2018 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 1:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yep. That was the first place. They want $95. That's quite a bit more expensive.

Grooch

06-16-2006

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 1:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
Try goodrx.com

Link

Forget it. It's still $68.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 2:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think if the prescription manufacturer still holds an exclusive right to sell the drug it is going to be hard to get it at a reduced price...it is only after the original (is it a patent/license?) expires that the cost of drugs gets reduced.

Have you asked your vet (I know, this is probably a dumb question because of course you did) whether there is an alternative, less expensive medication?

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
There are different drug treatments, but it's for in case what she's on doesn't work. And this is working so well it's like she's a new dog. There's no way I want change it. She's almost like a puppy again. She likes playing with toys and giving kisses again. And just a couple months ago she was so sick I figured she was on her way out.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Not helping with the cost but that is wonderful to hear, Naja. She is a sweetie. :-)

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
She totally has her sweet puppy face look back now that she feels good.

I took this a few minutes ago.
My little Birdie (She just turned 11)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 4:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Chewy has it for 62.99, not much difference.

Whether you can save with the online choices or not really depends on how much your vet marks them up.

When Drover had cancer, the hydrocodone was marked up by the vet 3x as much as a local pharmacy (90 at the vet, 30 at the pharmacy). But the gabapentin was half the cost as the pharmacy. (20 at the vet, 40 at the pharmacy).

So, you never really know till you look around.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 - 7:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New Q: So I guess Youtube is down, saw it on twitter which explained why my kitten came was black, but it made me wonder. What causes these things to happen, is it hackers or something?

Just curious.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Birdie looks so happy there. :-)

With respect to YouTube, I have no idea and I don't think YouTube has said anything specific about it yet.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well, one thing I learned, Kar, is I guess my vet doesn't mark meds up as much as others. He sure makes it up on the charges for visits and procedures, tho.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Q: Does anyone know ??? if the power is turned off in the morning and the back on in the evening is everything in the freezer ok? I am going to do some research but thought some here might know.

We have to have some work done on our building which requires the power and gas to be removed so the wall can be repaired. Supposedly this can all be done in one day. 8 units will be effected.

Mack

07-22-2002

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 10:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
You will be fine but keep the door shut as much as possible. We’ve gone longer than that without any problems.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks Mack that helps relieve my anxiety about this repair.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Pack everything that's in the freezer close together, meat products in the centre of the blocks if possible with less problematic foods like frozen veg around the outside. Ideally fill any empty space with something to reduce air flow, even empty boxes will help. But yes, I agree with Mack that it will be fine.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I put gallons of water in my freezer (the deep freezer that is, usually have the one in the house full.) I figure it's an extra few bottles in case of emergency and if we lose power for a long time it will help keep food good. I switch them out on a regular basis (not sure if a bottle of ice would go bad eventually) and take out or add bottles depending on how full or empty the freezer is.)

Firebird05

08-24-2001

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 4:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Firebird05 a private message Print Post    
Dipo as long as the power is only off for a few hours and you don’t open it., all should be good.
If the temperature is low outside even better. But if it’s really hot outside and above 70 degrees where you keep your freezer you may have problems.
The way you can tell is have the items defrosted. If so you can cook them and refreeze them.
If your items have freezer burn it’s best to toss them out.
Freezer burn looks like ice crystals on the surfaces. It’s hard to throw them out, especially if they are costly but better safe than sorry.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 6:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
One way to check it out is to freeze a cup of water and place a quarter on top. You'll be able to tell just how much it thaws by how much the quarter sinks in the cup when the power comes back on. Also good to do when you go on vacation, that way you'll know if your power went out and how long it was out.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Wednesday, October 17, 2018 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Thanks for that tip, Jmm!! We did that last year when we left for the winter, and were very happy to return and find that quarter on top. I am going to go right now and put that on the To Do list for leaving for the winter, last minute.

Done. Also put the cup of water in to freeze.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, October 18, 2018 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That is a very clever idea!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, October 18, 2018 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm going to do that also. What a great idea.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Thursday, October 18, 2018 - 10:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Heh, just noticed the cup of water I put in last night is now missing. I put another one in. We'll see ...

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 18, 2018 - 11:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Bigdog had a cold drink?

Jmm

08-15-2002

Friday, October 19, 2018 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
LOL I can just see Bigdog - "Why in the devil is there a cup of water in the freezer? I better get it out of there before it spills."

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, October 19, 2018 - 8:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
No, he would have found it after it was frozen. He was already asleep when I put the first one in. So, last night, in addition to putting the water back, in a different container, in the freezer, I also placed a quarter down next to it. This time he figured it out. He was the one who wanted to do it last year, and we both thought it was brilliant.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, November 06, 2018 - 4:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Has anyone used Mr. Clean Magic Eraser or that type sponges? One time use? I've heard they're kind of abrasive? Good on anything or do you have to be careful what surfaces you use them on?