TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 27, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: The "I don't know what thread to put this in" thread...: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 27, 2018 users admin

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, October 22, 2018 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I do not get a flu shot. I don't think I ever have.

I take echinacea liquid at the first sign of a sore throat.

For people who lecture and say that by not getting the shot I will expose others when I get the flu,

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, October 22, 2018 - 9:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, i get the flu shot every year, haven't gotten the flu, knock on wood, and I noticed that if I get sick, ie cold or something, it is shorter in duration.

Of course, since I don't have children and don't go to an office I am not exposed to any weird germs so that helps.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 22, 2018 - 12:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I do get a flu shot every year. Started when I volunteered with hospice and they offered free flu shots.

When I was just out of Berkeley my ex and I both got the Hong Kong flu.. This was a pandemic in late 68-early 69. It was horrible. We were in bed for almost a month, I developed very bad bronchitis and we were weak long after that. Ugh. At least we lived through it.

I definitely get the shots every year since I started driving cancer pay in my car, also being in and out of cancer centers and other medical facilities and the last year's also singing with other seniors and entertaining in assisted living facilities. So many compromised immune systems.

This year I am getting the flu shot in 2 half doses. My doctor offered that as a way to have a lesser reaction and it sure worked for the first half. I get the second half tomorrow.

At UCI if employees do not get the shot, they have to wear a mask during flu season. This includes the valet attendants.

The pharmacies push the shots as a moneymaker.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, October 22, 2018 - 4:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I work for a hospital system so we are required to get shot or wear a mask December - April when in patient areas. It’s free, so I just get the shot. Never had the flu or a reaction to the shot.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Monday, October 22, 2018 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
got 1st one in years last week...hurt like hell, like a tetnus shot for 3 days!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 22, 2018 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Your immune system at work!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Monday, October 22, 2018 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
Same as Seamonkey, and we both say this every year. I got the Hong Kong flu SO bad in the late 60's, that I never want to chance that again. Just got my shot a couple weeks ago.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, October 22, 2018 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I get the second half of the shot tomorrow. My doctor says it is every bit as effective, but hurts less.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 7:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I got a flu shot a couple of weeks ago...didn't really hurt that much but then again it has lots of "area" to go into in my upper arms!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 11:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Second half shot.. done til next year.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
I am also one of the survivors of Hong Kong flu and have gotten the flu shots yearly ever since. Drs have said that totally relaxing the arm muscle will reduce the amount of pain during and after the injection. It seems to be true for me.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I guess I've been lucky, I've never had much pain and no side effects.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I have been told that relaxing your arm muscle too (and by the way, it works in your tush the same way). Sometimes easier said than done though!

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I know someone who lives only 23 miles from Simpsonville, SC. I just e-mailed her and asked?!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, October 24, 2018 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Rumored to be a mechanic who is 20 years old.. But SC is the only state where winners may remain anonymous.

Mack

07-22-2002

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 3:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
Actually there are six or seven states that allow the winner to remain anonymous.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, October 25, 2018 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Huh.. That tv news anchor was wrong, then. I sure would like to remain anonymous.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 1:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
I was thinking that such a large amount of money is a burden. 1 million, you take care of you and close family. 10 million, you can help out your community.... 100 million and I am lost....how do you even know what to do? 1 billion.....that is enough money to solve a problem.....but which one and how to do it wisely?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 2:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Bill and Melinda Gates and a few others have come up with great ideas and probably would have a framework for something appealing to do.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think that it is only a burden if you choose to make it one. Getting expert advice is the first step - hiring a tax attorney and a CPA would be my first step before I even went to claim my prize. Think of what good you could do while still leaving yourself plenty to enjoy...and with that much money you can buy yourself a lot of anonymity.

Christy358

07-10-2007

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 10:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Christy358 a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, I was just saying today that I would call Bill Gates, ask what they did right and wrong. I would want to be the person that bought each family a goat and they grew from there. Running water to a town..... the small to me small amount of money that changed lives. SO MUCH RESPONSIBILITY

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 26, 2018 - 11:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They tackled malaria by giving out treated mosquito nets, but they have done other things too.

It is important to find a legit effort that isn't handing out money or goods that get taken by corrupt governments or agencies.

And yep, Roxip. All that.. I think you can avoid being outed by setting up some sort of corporate structure.

Not that I have to worry about it..

But there have been people murdered or ruined after a win.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
There is a scripture in the Bible that says, 'To him who has been given much, much is expected'.

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 6:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I might look into buying a politician or two.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I am talking about some countries where well meaning organizations donate goods that go straight to the black market, instead of the intended recipients.

Or certain religious leaders who take donations but feel the higher power really means for said religious leader to live very well, drive expensive vehicles, etc.

I would want to be careful with my millions..