TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 23, 2018

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: General Discussions: Free Expression...: Daily Poll: ARCHIVES: Archive through October 23, 2018 users admin

Jmm

08-15-2002

Sunday, October 14, 2018 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
<wink>, Mack.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Thursday, October 18, 2018 - 8:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
I only have two pans and I tend to baby them. Everything else (except the pasta bowls) go into the dishwasher

Grooch

06-16-2006

Friday, October 19, 2018 - 9:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Grooch a private message Print Post    
NEW QUESTION: JUST IN: Mega Millions jackpot hits $1,000,000,000!

Have you bought a ticket? If so, how many?

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, October 19, 2018 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
No, I haven't.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, October 19, 2018 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I asked my friend if she wanted to make a pool. I would donate $5, but I am not planning to go anywhere that I could by one, ie, I am staying home.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, October 19, 2018 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I don't think we can buy them in Canada.

I always find it interesting how some people will buy a lottery ticket if the prize is XX million but won't buy if it is "only" X million. I'd be pretty happy winning a prize of X million dollars right now.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 19, 2018 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They call it Lotto Fever.. And it is publicized when the jackpots rise, which brings it to the attention of those who don't buy tickets as a habit.

Lyn

08-06-2002

Friday, October 19, 2018 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
I'm Canadian so I can't

IMO that's way to much money for any one person to win. I like how our Lotto does the Max: after the jackpot reaches $60 Million, they divide the rest into Max Millions. Right now the pot is $60 million and there are 53 additional draws for a million dollars

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, October 19, 2018 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
IMO that is a much better idea. I'd much rather have a lot of reasonably sized prizes than one huge one. But I suspect I'm in the minority as people seem to love buying tickets for those big jackpots (plus for the reasons Sea mentioned).

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, October 19, 2018 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I agree with you, Jimmer.

Wargod

07-16-2001

Friday, October 19, 2018 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
I'm right there with you guys, I can't even begin to imagine what I'd do with that much money. I'm not sure anyone needs that much money.

I have a thing with lottery tickets (the scratch off ones, not the lotto.) When I fill the car up with gas, and I'm paying with cash where I have to go in, I buy 1 ticket. I'm there, I'm paying cash, give me one, thats it and I'm done. Having said that, I can't remember the last time I had to put gas in a car (Darren and Kota fill up in Mojave on their way to work,) let alone the last time I paid for gas with cash. Darren used to spend $3 a week on lotto when he got gas, but the station he uses stopped selling them or something and he's not going out of his way to get them. With the jackpot what it is now, someone at work probably started a pool and if he did he'd chip in a few bucks for that.

So, no, I haven't bought one and have no plans on it. Darren might if there's a work pool and he has some cash on hand.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Friday, October 19, 2018 - 4:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
I work a few hours a week at a convenient store. I worked today. It was long lines all day with people buying tickets. 99% of my customers promised to remember me if they won. I also bought a couple of tickets. I'm one of those that only buy when it reaches a certain amount, I only want to throw so much money away.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Friday, October 19, 2018 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
I don't buy lottery tickets myself but I read an interesting article lately about the office pools. Here is an article from Forbes with some good information to keep disagreements from keeping the money tied up for months or years in an office pool.

Forbes

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 19, 2018 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
At Transamerica we played every week.

We did have a contract.

People could put in cash or tickets. The cash would buy quick picks. All the tickets would be held by one person and we would each get copies of all tickets. We also signed the agreement each time.

We agreed that small amounts would just be used to buy more tickets (LOL.. the highest we ever got was $44.00.. jackpots weren't so large then and we only had California lotto at the time).

Anyway we knew each week all the numbers and the people participating. I think we allowed different amounts per person and would have pro-rated a big win. I think the minimum was $5 worth.

We would have taken a lump sum.

And it doesn't look like I'm buying tickets tonight. Only 12 minutes until it closes. I probably could make it to the 7-11 if I ran across my complex, but it isn't going to happen.

I agree it is too much for any person to win that much, but I would be willing to step up!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Friday, October 19, 2018 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
I have only bought Lotto tickets a few times, and it seemed like I won something each time. So I quit buying Lotto tickets because it didn't seem right that I kept winning when other people needed the money more. I quit playing Bingo for the same reason. I have a relative who is a gambling addict. S/he needs the money way more than me, because s/he is an addict.

<spins head backwards>

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, October 19, 2018 - 10:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
So we know that in California, no one won, but someone got 5? right which wins them something big.

Not sure of other states.

Sunnyday

08-07-2014

Saturday, October 20, 2018 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunnyday a private message Print Post    
Early this morning the mega-million was worth 1.6 billion. No telling what it will be worth by Tuesday.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, October 20, 2018 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Last night on the 11pm news they said if no one won, the jackpot would go to 1.6 billion. So maybe it rolled.

Mack

07-22-2002

Saturday, October 20, 2018 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mack a private message Print Post    
They are expecting the cash value to exceed $1B by Tuesday and the 30-year payout could reach $1.8 to $2B. Wow!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, October 21, 2018 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Powerball jackpot rolled last night from over $400m to over $600m.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
California Lottery Verified account @calottery
31m31 minutes ago
More
No winners: “No #MegaMillions jackpot winners in California. We’re still waiting on results from other states. If no one wins tonight, Friday’s jackpot is an estimated $2 BILLION!” #CALottery

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't want to look.. At my losing numbers.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, they just announced someone in SF got 5 of the 6 numbers.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not one number matched ..

Wargod

07-16-2001

Tuesday, October 23, 2018 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wargod a private message Print Post    
Darren's in San Francisco this week. I just asked, it wasn't him. I'm pretty sure he hasn't even been anywhere that he could get some. He's been there 2 and a half days and hasn't seen fog, the bridge, Alcatraz, or even a real life hippy.